No more rewards for watching videos?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum No more rewards for watching videos?

• Anyone else no longer getting rare chest rewards for watching videos? I used to get 2-3 each day and they just completely stopped. What’s goin on?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Had one the other day, but they seem to be much less common after the last update.

Buster
    @doulgas

I’m still getting them 2-3 times a day. I log in and out multiple times during the day to save battery power on my phone — I don’t know if that makes any difference.

SB311
    @sb311

@doulgas

As of yesterday, I am getting two rare chests almost back to back, more free picks in common chests even to the point of getting all the cards, free play in ToF and an extra bird in KPP now. I don’t know what changed. :/

BirdPower
    @birdpower

Is it because I wrote a previous post complaining about the videos popping up with no reward? It seems ever since that, I now have no videos. But I want the ones with a reward. I hope i didn’t hurt any software engineer’s feelings at rovio. I’m a bird and I’m angry – don’t mess with me!!

So, if Rovio did change my account because of that — please switch it back! I want 2 watch vids and earn rewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buster
    @doulgas

@birdpower, I very much doubt that anyone at Rovio read your post, or any others for that matter. Long time players have learned by now that s**t just happens in this game and it doesn’t always make sense. Just roll with it.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Did you make any purchases through the game?

BirdPower
    @birdpower

Yeah I made purchases— the daily gem letter 3 different times. What makes you ask?

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Because same happened to me. After I purchased some gems from the game, I have lost the following:

– Video for free attempt in the Tower of Fortune once first pig pops up

– Video for free extra bird in any Boss level (regular + Daily Challenge + King Pig Panic)

– Two rare chests that I used to have back-to-back for watching the video

– A ways less options to see video for picking 2d, 3rd etc reward in common chests

I have emailed to Rovio, and they officially admitted that YES, they do practice this. And my answer was – that my last purchase from the game was REALLY LAST in my life. Good luck Rovio.

SB311
    @sb311

@ogandzyuk

I think all the things you mentioned that were taken away when you bought gems, will eventually come back.

I have not purchased anything in almost two months and I have all those perks you listed when I never received them before a week ago and I have been playing for almost a year. I think maybe it resets. I don’t know, but I am never going to buy anything again.

It seems backwards to me, but maybe it is to trap people or make them think if I buy more gems it will get better. Idk.

Buster
    @doulgas

To support your theory, I have never spent a dime on any purchase in 2+ years of playing AB2. And except for rare isolated occasions, I have never lost any of the perks listed by @ogandzyuk.

It does seem a little bizarre to reward freeloaders (like me) and punish the spenders, but they didn’t ask my opinion…

BirdPower
    @birdpower

For me everything was fine after I purchased the gems and was collecting the daily gems. But now that I haven’t purchased anything in over 3 months, is that really why they are taking away my ability to watch videos for rewards??? So if I would never have bought anything, I would be ok?

Doesnt really make sense and doesn’t seem like a good business plan.

Memo
    @elmemo

If you have purchased anything(gems, daily letter) u’ll lose all the watch a video stuff except for the ARENA extra card. In other words if you pay once the game completly changes compared to the non pay game. Rovio wants to take advantage…

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Purchasing something has nothing to do with whether or not you get the random video chest.

That said, it seems to have become more common again.

davook
    @davook66

Hi, i’ve never purchased anything and i’ve seen videos always but today something has happened and videos are no longer showing in any part of the game (tower of fortune, arena, chests, regular levels, daily challenge..)

I don’t know why, but video option has dissapeared for me.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Price of turning a second card from a rare chest has increased to 99 gems.

davook
    @davook66

@birdpower

i’ve asked Rovio if it could be some kind of bug and they have replied me this:

I understand it’s frustrating not to get a chance to watch an ad for additional advantage. However, I had a look at your game data and it looks like the game worked correctly. Please keep in mind that it is possible not to get some of the ads right now and it is not a bug. We might change back it in the future or try completely different settings.

I guess they do some kind of experiments with some players changing some game settings only for them and checking what they do in those situations: purchase more gems, play more or less hours, etc…

Geezer
    @geezer59

@davook – Whoever answered you must be a politician with a no-answer answer like that.  Not to get ‘some’ of the ads is one thing– to get absolutely none at all is another thing entirely.  It’s been nearly a week since I was able watch an ad for anything in any part of the game.

“The game worked properly”.  I think that says it all.  Maybe it’s time to move on.

Joe B.
    @joeb

@aggieguy, my rare chest 2nd card was increased from the 60 gems to 120! I’m not longer going to gamble that unless the highest card is there (1500 BP 150000 feathers etc)….so much greedier the game has gotten.

Im just gonna start hoarding gems, it’s depressing spending them so fast

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum No more rewards for watching videos?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.