NEW Update 1.15.19

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum NEW Update 1.15.19

• Noticed the free common chest has an option to watch a video to get another card and then you can pay 50 gems to pick another card. I don’t know how much it is after that one. :/

I’m guessing that once they take away the video option, it will probably be 20 gems for the first and then 50 gems for the second?

Haven’t noticed anything else yet.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • Dezsike
    @dezsike

20, 50 and 100. Didn’t seen the last one, but I guess it’s 200. Well, maybe 20 for a blue card is ok, I won’t pay any more for a free chest reward. The video option is ok. If you pick cards slow enough to let the game load another video you can take the whole chest for free with 4 videos.

SB311
    @sb311

Thanks for the help. I’ll try to pick a bit slower next time. I’ve never received a video option before today except for a very short time when I first downloaded  the game last year. Hope it works for me. :)

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Is this more recent than update 2.25.0 (2462/2461) that I got Jan 14th?

I messed (and fixed) a topic for it earlies.

BTW, be warned: The video option with free chests is random! Pay attention if the right button is for video or payment.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

I think there’s a daily limit too just like with the free birds on the map/clan events. After taking 2 chests fully and two more with 2 videos, I no longer receive the video option. Hope it’s just a daily limit and they didn’t removed it.

SB311
    @sb311

@dezsike, I have received all five cards for three free common chests today and now i am getting it for the first extra card. Of course, it stops once the 3 spell cards start popping up for me. :(

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I came into same kind of conclusion. Either it was just an initial glitch or there is some kind of daily limit. Also, rewards seems to be better when video option is not available.

It doesn’t matter much, because I keep missing better rewards anyways. :D

Ang Ryone
    @angryone

Well, I’ve been picking up a lot of common chests and using tons of free vid options to get a lot of free stuff but for the first or second time in 150 days I didn’t get the ToF video option. Clearly it’s linked. Anyone knows how?

Buster
    @doulgas

I’ve had video options for both at the same time and have also had days with no video options for either. It seems to be random and I have to remember to pay attention and not just click automatically.

SB311
    @sb311

After getting the video option for the common chests for the past two days, I am no longer receiving it. :( I would be happy just to get it for a second card but nothing.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

When video option appeared for common chest on both accounts, I rushed to pick all the cards every time. All in all, I got either 12 or 16 free cards, before video option being completely replaced by pay option. Next day video option appeared again, so I used them, but more carefully this time. I received 20 free cards, until I went to sleep. Today there has been only crappy cards, so I’ve used the video option only a few times.

BTW, there was minor (bug fix?)update to 2.25.1 (Not set). What does the part in parenthesis mean, I have no idea whatsoever.

SB311
    @sb311

Thanks @rawdatasystems. I just downloaded the update. I have only recieved the video option twice today on two separate common chests. I guess it was nice while bnb it lasted.

I think the part in parenthesis is the version you downloaded, probably so they can keep track of the different experiments they use on different accounts since not everyone gets the same features.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, no big deal. ;)

I just realised I better use those available today or lose them, so I just picked all cards from common chest for both accounts. I’d love to know when they reset the video option counter, but Rovio is not famous of telling facts…

Previous update for my main/FTP accounts were 2.25.0 (2462/2461). Now the number in parenthesis is “Not set”, instead. I thought it was build number or something like that, but now I’m not so sure. Your idea of tracking their heinous “experiments” does sound believable.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Everybody may have experienced, that you have video options on everything since the latest updates. I can pick all five cards from a free chest nowadays by watching 4 videos for one chest. I did this because I thought it would count towards the feat “watch a video xxxx times” – NO, it doesn’t. I have checked the count before and after watching all four videos for a chest and it didn’t count. That’s why I consider it a waste of time now.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

How did I not even think to check that? Indeed, it does not count. Good catch. I still use the video option for common chest if there are 3 eagles or better BP pile available… and sometimes for gems.

What does count towards the feat “watch a video xxxx times”, is those clan games (at lower right corner) and losing on purpose 4-5 times. After that, it will not give video option again at same day. It’s not much, but it still counts. I do that every now when there is more than day left. If less, I win the last game to get those paltry rewards.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

It’s not that you are missing the good rewards RawDataSystem, they choose not to give  them to you. I only mention this because per your posting it is possible we both share a similiar cynical streak when it comes to this wonderful game we embrace and play.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@meme324-2, cynical? Yeah… I’m grumpy old geezer. What’s your favorite excuse? :D

True, I am complaining a lot. How else are you supposed to have fun, when the game is as it is nowadays?

Seriously speaking, when Rovio tells as nothing, comparing (good and bad) experiences with other players is practically only way to find out things about the game.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum NEW Update 1.15.19

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.