New Event – Ionstorm

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Ionstorm

• A new event has started and the top prize is Ionstorm.

This event uses one TF and an energonicon.

Special features: Thanksgiving theme, extra gold blocks and runs are in fast–forward mode

The banner for Ionstorm event

The bonus squad is Reinforcements, consisting of Cosmos and Ionstorm.

All these TFs plus Nemesis Hot Rod and Warpath are also in the exchange with accessories.

Have fun and good luck!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • deindiaan
    @deindiaan

Nice thing to mention that these extra gold blocks are also present in the sparkrun. Haven’t got much promo, this helps a lot. And it’s a speed event, can’t shoot everything with cosmos.

superion
    @superion

Probably it’s just a bug, but I found some interesting easter eggs in this event. (At least in the android version.)
    See if you can find them!

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@deindiaan The extra gold blocks are part of the Thanksgiving theme, e.g. in Meadow hay bales are now gold bricks. And in Meadow there can be quite a lot stacked hay bales 👍

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@grimlockdown

Still waiting for that nice jackpot level haha, played 10 runs…so far no stacked hay bales😩

ABT
    @abt

Playing with Cosmos is soooo frustrating!! At fast-forward speeds, I barely clear half of the blocks.

At least on day 2, it’s gold block day!

Wurtzy
    @wurtzyt6

Wait, what? wanna shoot clues, I’m running so fast through that with sideswipe I can barely keep track of the blocks :P

Pako
    @pako

For gold block day I had to switch to either Superion or Nautica because of Cosmos’s inability to destroy this kind of block with a single shot.

That day I had Superion facing Unicron in the meadow, the resulting score was my highest ever before promotion: over 5K. Sadly, with a 210 promotion. I really doubt I could’ve got more points after promotion with Cosmos.

By the way, the destruction of the stacks of gold blocks with either Superion or Nautica, made my phone so slow that I thought it would crash any second.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

I had a sale offer of only 2.000 gems for Ionstorm (plus sparks and some accessory). I took the offer and used some of the sparks to promote Ionstorm to purple crown. He is much, much better than Cosmos.

As there seemed (and seems still) be some kind of sale (or JARSU or @superion’s Easter egg) I got all the accessories for free. So I use tokens to upgrade Ionstorm.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

I was planning to play this event with cosmos, but after I get 10k tokens I’ll never play an event with him anymore. Man this bot sucks big-time😣. Unicron, BP, wmt, blocks he just can’t kill anything. Even upgraded his accessoires but this doesn’t help either. Luckily I’m still ahead of my 10k tokens schedule, which was done by playing a lot and many recharges.

Today wmt day, fun he can’t kill them… Or maybe if I hit one like a hundred times.

Pako
    @pako

WMT day…. thanks for the heads up. Running this event with Cosmos is akin to torture.

ABT
    @abt

@pako I got one of my best coin hauls ever from Gold Block day! I think I only hit about half of the Gold Blocks with Cosmos.

Almost 150K coins after ad-doubler!

@deindiaan
    WMT day was terrible w/ Cosmos. The more I play using Cosmos, the more I despise playing with this TF!

Even overpowered at Lvl 21 (+518%) and grade 3 Rocket Boots (+80% damage), it takes 20+ hits to kill a WMT!

Once I unlock Ionstorm, I’m never using Cosmos again!!

ABT
    @abt

@pako: Day 5’s target is flying pigs turkey pigs!

Since I’m playing in Samoa / Apia time now, I start the event before most people. Let me know if others are interested in getting a head’s up on the next day’s target.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@abt

What a joke that with overpower you have you still need 20 shots to kill a wmt. Few more annoying hours to go here before wmt is over. But it’s my lucky day today, I managed to kill 1 wmt with cosmos!!! 🎉🎉🎉.

If possible I’d like to know what is the new event hours before it starts over here. Target of the next day isn’t to that importance for me.

8k tokens now, 2k to go😣😣

ABT
    @abt

@deindiaan Sure. I can post some info as soon as a new weekly event has started. Maybe I’ll just make a separate thread for it. Over the years, @grimlockdown has been diligently posting the new Event weekly, so I’ll leave that tradition intact. I’ll just create a separate thread for this kind of updates.

I’m on track to unlock Ionstorm today! Then it’s time to ditch Cosmos (except maybe for mission portals)!

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@abt

Thanks! In the topic of the latest event would be fine as well. And indeed @grimlockdown always makes the new topic, and I’ll hope he will continue doing so!

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

I have had a run with stacked gold block twice. The first one:

Coins – lots and lots of coins

The second one was some 30k coins less.

Even level 7 Ionstorm – though fully accessorized – had no trouble killing a WMT and it needed only one shot.

@abt
    @deindiaan I will continue the tradition but if someone else wants to step in it’s fine by me.

ABT
    @abt

I finally unlocked Ionstorm, which is night-and-day better than Cosmos!

@grimlockdown
    :

As there seemed (and seems still) be some kind of sale (or JARSU or @superion’s Easter egg) I got all the accessories for free.

Something weird is going the accessories. They’re either all “FREE” or “0 coins” to upgrade. Some of them I was able to upgrade (for free), while others lists some unknown currency (see picture below), but does nothing when I tried to upgrade.

Free or “0” cost:

Shows unknown currency and does nothing when upgrading:

Edit: I upgraded to 2.8.1.0 and the accessories are back to normal now.

Pako
    @pako

@abt, thanks for the intel (lol).

I wasn’t successful at killing WMTs with Cosmos, most points got during that day were due to the strategic use of an energonicon: Glassor.

Overall, I am content with the number of tokens I’ve collected so far, of course, with the help of a few recharges worth, up to this point,  250 gems total. That definitely beats the 2000 gem price tag on the new bot.

SqueakyBT
    @squeakybt

When are we getting tokens for the trouble playing earlier as could really do with them to help get ionstorm

ABT
    @abt

@pako Same here. Without Glassor, I probably would have only killed 1-2 WMT per run. Even then, it’s annoying that sometimes Glassor would rain down on everything else EXCEPT WMTs when activated. I hope you were able to unlock Ionstorm before the event was over. Using gems for recharges is definitely cheaper as long as you can put in the time (and frustration of using Cosmos). My offer was 5K gems for the past 2 weeks, but I was finally able to unlock Ionstorm on day 5 by spending much less.

Unlocking all of the accessories BEFORE updating to 2.8.1.X is the way to go as they were all “Free.” After the update, it went back to normal prices.

@squeakybt
    Unfortunately, I do not believe we’re getting any apology tokens this time. I hope you were able to get enough to unlock Ionstorm.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Ionstorm

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.