New Event – Chinese New Year

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Chinese New Year

• It’s (almost) Friday so there must be a new event!

This event uses two TFs and no energonicon.

The Chinese New Year Event Banner

The bonus squad is Femme Fatale, consisting of Nautica, Elita One, Strongarm and Novastar.

All these TFs are also in the exchange with accessories.

Have fun and good luck on the year of the Rat!

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

There are reward (aka apology) tokens available in the news section. They must be reclaimed before the end of this current event. I think the amount was 2,000 tokens.

I already overpowered Nautica to level 19 and with these free tokens I probably get enough tokens to open 10 Gold crates.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

Got the tokens as well, very nice! Trying to get 16.5k tokens this event for overpowering Nautica to level 24, this won’t be a problem now with these extra 2k tokens :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Has anyone ever tried collecting bonus tokens at the start of the next event?

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

They will be gone if you do that..

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@optimuspig You used to be able to if you had the news screen open when the new event started but they changed it. Now they go away when the event ends instead of when the token exchange ends so we can’t do that anymore.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@deindiaan @sntrooper

Thanks guys, that’s what I was wondering.

I do remember doing that at least once (a long time ago) but wasn’t sure if they’d closed that loophole.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

So either I’m going crazy or they just added elite pigs to the last few runs of today, after not having any up to this point.  Never seen that done before.

Geli
    @geli

ugh.  8 runs thus far on Angry Pow packet day (day 5).  Of the 8,  3 were in Pig City with a total of 7 high-value packets giving 15 points each.  2 were in Cobalt Valley, which yielded 8 packets.  Pre-bonus scores were in the high 200 in the City while the Valley was generous 🙄 and gave me low 400 scores.

Should have expected this after R/E gave away 2k tokens.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@geli I have quite a different experience

A Chinese New Year Event Run

That was 3,300 points before promotion and after 10 runs I’m at 170,000 tokens.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@deindiaan How good or bad is level 23 (or level 24) Nautica against WMTs?

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@grimlockdown

I can kill wmt with nautica but I still have to hit them at least 10 times. So I wouldn’t advice to play a wmt day with her.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

It seems that level 19 and level 23 Nautica are equivalent when killing WMTs. My Nautica needs also about 10 hits.

Maybe with better/more upgraded accessories Nautica can more easily kill WMTs. I currently have +20% fire rate and +26% damage.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Just downloaded the version 1.50.0 update.

Not sure what changed.  The description says something about a “Character tab update”, but I haven’t figured out what that is.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@deindiaan , @grimlockdowm maybe something wrong, or your Nautica is increadible strong, but my Nautica 22 lvl need 5 sets of 3 shots each for every WMT this CNY 2020 event. 15 shots of explosive water droplets for every WMT. I have Metroplex just lvl1 10% fire rate, so I use Headphones lvl 30 +10% damage +29% defence. So I have:

EMP rounds, 48% defence, 49% damage, 39% transform power and 171% overpower at 22lvl and need 5×3 shots WMT, so usually I just turn them off and ignore, because no time for so many shots, or I can miss more better target, or be hit by missiles.

@optimuspig
    also downloaded 1.50.0 and trying to find any new improvements. Still nothing. Char tab same, safe zone test soon, what about Daily Quest fixed, I don’t know what they want to fix, absence of bosses? This bug have years history. Bosses was always sick at many China New Years, by pig, chicken flu, now that corona virus … Lets see if bosses back. So for now best in 1.50.0 update for me – no black screen :D

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@papakarlo My use of “hit” is the same as 1 set of 3 shots in your terminology. 10 hits was a (round figure) guess and it becomes – let’s say – 8 sets of 3 shots. That equals to 24 shots.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

Here’s hoping that this is the last of the holiday events for a long time. It’s been over 4 months of low value, rare appearing targets. I don’t think I’ll be happier to see shartihogs back again…

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I guess I was wrong. The apology tokens are still in the newsfeed. Looks like they went back to them expiring at the end of the token exchange likes they used to. So that means the old trick of having the newsfeed open when the new event starts should work next time (or this time if you haven’t claimed it yet and the new event hasn’t already started for you).

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Chinese New Year

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.