New Angry Birds Game Coming to Facebook Messenger

Home Forums General Discussions Forum New Angry Birds Game Coming to Facebook Messenger

• There is a new game coming out for Facebook Messenger next year.  Here is a link to an article about it:  https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/7/16747798/facebook-messenger-games-angry-birds-sonic-livestreaming

There are other articles about this, but here’s the lowdown.  Next year, a new AB game is coming to Facebook’s Messenger app.  It seems to be run in a similar way to AB Friends, with players being able to challenge each other.  The game runs on AB 2’s art style and card-picking idea, but it appears to have some gameplay functions of AB Friends as well.  That being said, the game is called Angry Birds, with a beta mark next to it.  AB Friends also had a beta mark in its early development, so it is unknown whether the new game will be in a soft-launch of sorts.  It probably will, though.  The question is also raised, is AB Friends being phased out with this game?  Only time will tell.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Replies
  • SquawkTron
    @jordan-burns

Sounds promising. I can’t wait to try it out when it’s release.

Mp127
    @mp127

The concept doesn’t sound interesting, the execution likely won’t be better. The poster looks fantastic though. I can’t get over the fact that most of their promo art reuse the same boring poses over and over, and then they’re pulling off that nice and unique pictures.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

It looks good i guess… good to see a slingshot game again…

But that promo art! I need a high quality pic of that thing right now!

Bomb145
    @guibird2971koge

@sumobro Looks like Hal,Bubbles,Stella and Tony are back to the flock!

SumoBro
    @sumobro

@guibird2971koge  That’s great.  Since this game seems to be running on a variant of AB 2’s engine, I hope they will come to it as well!  Either way I am super excited to be playing with these birds again!

Bomb145
    @guibird2971koge

@sumobro Also,i’m scared if Rovio is going to cancel Angry Birds Friends,because it is my 2nd Favorite Angry Birds game.

Bomb145
    @guibird2971koge

@abginebird I found a high quality version of the promo art:

Bomb145
    @guibird2971koge

@abginebird You’re welcome!

SumoBro
    @sumobro

@guibird2971koge  Where’d you find this art?  Was it from a new source with a detailed release date and beta test (probably not, though)?

Bomb145
    @guibird2971koge

@sumobro I just downloaded the Thumbnail of the video.

Bomb145
    @guibird2971koge

Also,if i found some information,i will post here.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

@guibird2971koge  Yeah.  I’m not expecting anything to be released for a couple more months.  Now that Rovio has an IPO, they are probably scaling back on beta or soft-launched games, so not to scare their investors when the games get canned.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

I watched the teaser a few times,and here are my thoughts about how the gameplay might be:

First of all, it’s a slingshot game… too obvious :-P

But jokes aside, i don’t think that this is a slingshot game similar to the previous ones, which had their own particular story…

If you look at the teaser, you can see pigs wearing hats, blue and red hats…

And you can clearly see the big blue flag behind the slingshot. Apparently this means that there are some “team based” shenanigans going on…

Maybe it’s like poping the pigs with the opponents color will give you score (or maybe the same color?) and opposite will decrease. the player with more point wins.

Hopefully it’s this just is a “part” of the game and will have more contents in it.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

the beta is out.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

@abginebird  Where!? (other than Facebook Messenger)  Was there an announcement somewhere, or is it country-restricted?

Power Pork
    @abginebird

The beta is just available in the facebook messengers game list, and i don’t think there is any country restrictions.

Power Pork
    @abginebird
    • Also, here is the game icon:

23550504_1858303324483399_7872377657147523072_n.png

SumoBro
    @sumobro

I found it, it looks pretty cool.  I’m only 2 minutes in, but the new game mode seems fun.  @mighty-red-1 Should an ABN announcement be made?

Power Pork
    @abginebird

Also found the facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/AngryBirdsMessenger/

SumoBro
    @sumobro

I’m now going to go out on a limb and say Angry Birds for Messenger is the name Rovio has always wanted for this game, but couldn’t be as gutsy as Microsoft (Minecraft for Nintendo Switch, etc).  So now I think they will be releasing two sequels: Angry Birds for the Nintendo Switch and Angry Birds for the Virtual Boy (man that game is a classic, played the beta, #1 Rovio game of all time).

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Let me explain the game:

Basically, you can choose to fight a friend or choose a random opponent.

You need to pop all the opponent’s pigs to win. If all your pigs are popped, you lose.

Like AB2, you can choose your bird.

You can use power-ups at the start of your game to help you.

All power-ups are:

1. TNT, which you can place anywhere.

2. Protective Shield? Unknown ability.

3. Unknown.

4. Unknown.

5. Pig Switcher, which switches the position of you and your opponent’s pigs.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@Christian-cosgrove

The other power ups will turn a selected area turn into glass or stone…

The protective shield thingy makes the pig harder to pop.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum New Angry Birds Game Coming to Facebook Messenger

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.