Moving progress from one phone to another.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Moving progress from one phone to another.

• Hello All,

at the end of the month I shall be getting a IPhone 6 to replace my IPhone 5.

Question is what is the best way of moving my abtf progress from my 5 to 6? I don’t have a FB account, both phones are using IOS 10.3.

Looking at the full backup through ITunes it doesn’t seem to backup the game data properly and the same issue when using I cloud backup.

I don’t have another IPhone to test anything on to confirm if any of the above work and really don’t want to loose my game process because if I do I shall not be starting over again as spent far too much time on getting my process this far (all tfs maxed out – 15, 8211 gems, 40 mill coins 384k pigs)

thanks a lot!

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

Why don’t you just make a FB account? You don’t even have to use it, just create one to back up your game.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

The only way is to have a fb account. I created fb only for games as a lot of the angry birds games use fb fo storage of data

ED209
    @ed209

mmm seems like FB is the only way.

didn’t want to use FB as I cant be bothered to create a account etc and I have seen issues where people loose their progress randomly when it sync to the last time it updated to FB resulting in them loosing gems\bots\progress and Rovio doing sod all due to them saying it was not connected to FB at the time when it was.

Why don’t Rovio supply somewhere we can create a account for all angry birds games data to be saved too!

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

When Angry Birds Star Wars 2 came out you were able to create a Rovio account and have progress saved there. It was the only game they ended up doing it to. I have changed devices over the years and lost all progress on Rio, Star Wars & Space. No way am I going back to do all them again.

Asen_77
    @asen

Doesn’t Game Center save your progress?

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@ed209 You will have no problem moving from iphone to iphone those are the 2 things you can do without facebook.

1st way. if you are using the itunes after taking a clean backup via itunes there is nothing else to do just restore from backup the new iPhone 6.

2nd way If you don’t want to use itunes, you can take backup via iCloud. Make a copy of the phone via iCloud and restore the new iPhone 6 from iCloud backup and all will be there!

Also game center when you log in with you username also restores you progress. And game center is always connected with iCloud.

I know because i am Apple user iPhone 6 Plus -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPad Air Pro 12,9″ all i move or copy my progress with only using itunes and Rester From Backup. And The same with iCloud Restore from iCloud Backup.

crash
    @tmax

My girlfriend did it with iTunes recently….. you should be able to back up your original phone on to iTunes , but don’t erase it from your original phone until AFTER you have verified that it’s on your new phone and all is good. That’s what we did, although it was iPad and not an iPhone, but may still hold true

crash
    @tmax

sorry, it wasn’t for Transformers either,…. didn’t quite read the title correctly.

ED209
    @ed209

I thought game centre only did achievements? I have enabled it and all I can see in there is doing certain things for points.

I have also enabled the iCloud backup and upgraded to iCloud Drive as it said to allow game data I would need to upgrade.

Thanks for the tips and will give them a try

ED209
    @ed209

@elpapam, how big is the data on your iCloud backup? Mine has done its first backup and the data for the game is only 4.1mb. Seems quite low for so much progress

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@ed209 it’s the free 5GB that is been offering iCloud And my Backup from iPhone 6 Plus is only 147 MB And contains all those it’s 25 apps and games with personal document files and games saves and 879 contacts and email and sms/mms saves also this contains my personal settings adjustments and home kits. here is a screen-shoot of my backup 2 days ago

It’s OK your file size of the game save (Progress settings etc)

ED209
    @ed209

@elpapam, thanks for the screen shot as mine seems about right. Used to saved games taking up loads of space like pc games normally do lol

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@ed209 No way that shit would take so huges save like proper PC games :lol:

ED209
    @ed209

How do you restore from iCloud? Install the game from the AppStore, play the tutorial and then restore or install game and restore before playing?

Icloud

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@ed209 when you buy a new device from apple, at the first screen of the activation after entering a wifi connection and then your apple id for the icloud the device ask you if you want to restore that device from an iCloud backup or continue as a new phone. If you choose to restore from icloud that will transfer everything from your old phone the backup to your new device. After doing that you run the game sometimes because the game is so well done made it may crush after the restore, but do not fear delete the game and re install again a new copy play the tutorial and then the game-center kicks in then the loading the new files from where you stop the game previously and you are ok. that’s it.

ED209
    @ed209

@elpapam, excellent, thanks for the info. Ill make sure its restored fully before passing on the IPhone 5 to my son :D

ED209
    @ed209

@elpapam, got my Iphone 6 today.

Did a fullbackup through iTunes which did passwords etc and then restored to the iphone 6.

All progress there and no loss at all so thanks for the info, game runs so much better on the 6 than it did on my 5 its unreal.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@ed209 It’s given that the game will run much better. The iPhone 6 wears a very powerful GPU PowerVR Series 6XT GX6450 (it a Quad Core GPU) All that in the “Old”A8 SoC of 2014. For more information A8 SoC and PowerVR 6XT GX6450.
    And have fun with the new phone!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Moving progress from one phone to another.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.