More like DESTROYING your progress. (Resolved, thank you, Rovio!)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum More like DESTROYING your progress. (Resolved, thank you, Rovio!)

• On Friday, I got the commonly faced “Updating Your Progress” message, that really hasn’t made a big impact on me in the past. However, in this case it made me lose 4,200 gems!! I’ve worked hard on building up my items, and that is a HUGE loss. Of course, no response from Rovio…

So, today I thought I would shake off my anger and carry on, just to get hit AGAIN, this time for ALL my gems and 245,000 gold. This is VERY infuriating… Why bother saving up your hard-earned gems if they’ll just randomly get deleted, and Rovio won’t even care? I’m guessing if I do hear from them, that they’ll just tell me to try updating to newest version blah blah blah, and I’m not holding my breath for them to reimburse me. I think I’m just done with Rovio games after this.

bye bye gems

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • JLoABT
    @jloabt

Holy crap. I’m sure you’ll keep everyone posted if Rovio comes through on this one.

Birdbrain
    @ndchambe

Well, I finally got a response and it seems that they intend to try to help, but whoever replied gave me instructions for IOS when I’m on Android, so it isn’t getting me anywhere as of yet. On the bright side, I’m up to 11 gems on my own………

Birdbrain
    @ndchambe

Still no response from telling them I’m on Android, not IOS, and that resetting my progress didn’t work. I don’t understand why they don’t just offer a 5200 gem pack at no charge and call it good. I’m much more ok with losing 300 gems than with 5500.

Birdbrain
    @ndchambe

Another updating progress returning me to 5 gems AND finishing an upgrade that I never started, nor wanted to.

Birdbrain
    @ndchambe

Actually, the representative helping me was very diligent trying to fix the problem, which, in fact, turned out not to be Rovio’s fault.

When I got a new phone several months ago, I gave my son the old one, which had ABT on it. I deleted every imaginable trace of MY presence on the phone, but I guess there’s no way to remove the link between your game and Facebook other than reinstalling the game.

That said, he finally took a break from his Minecraft obsession long enough, and neither of us had any clue our ABT games were linked. He spent all the gems on the cosmetic items, I eventually discovered.

Once again, I can’t state enough how helpful Rovio was in trying to help me resolve this. I would recommend they make a way to remove your Facebook from the game without having to reinstall and start over.

HRM1804
    @hrm1804

At one time I had 8 million 300 thousand coins…60k+ pig’s and 700 or so Jens…it threw me back to the very beginning. I started over. This time I was at level 5 and 6 on characters…and just playing along it started me all over again. I just deleted the game. I am done. Nothing has been done to fix any of these issues or reimburse me for losses. Pathetic of Rovio.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum More like DESTROYING your progress. (Resolved, thank you, Rovio!)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.