Mechanics of clan chat

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Mechanics of clan chat

• Hi, I need help understanding how the clan chat works.

When someone leaves a message I know a symbol appears beside the chat icon. Is the symbol different if you are mentioned with the @ sign? What are they?

Does the @ sign work if the player has a space in their name?

When you look at your clan members it shows how many days since they entered the clan. But if they haven’t played any events, did they really enter the clan area? Or just entered the game?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
  • ZeZe
    @zeze

Good questions

grammyK
    @grammyk

Thanks. I’m going to put them on Rovio’s new discord server. So far all of my questions there have been answered and my first suggestion is pinned for voting. Much better response than here.

Champ
    @pistolpete

Not sure about the @ sign question.

I know for a fact that the light turns on when a player logs on but doesn’t enter the clan. I have 2 accounts so this has been tested.  Why it is like this I have no idea, but doesn’t make sense…

grammyK
    @grammyk

I’m working on a second account right now as well. I want to compare some other stuff between different FPs that I’ve been thinking of doing for years lol. Also me2 can join the old clan so I can leave it while me2 continues to try to get them to read the chat! They are all hopeless lol. I even changed my name to “ReadTheChat!” and nobody noticed yet!

Champ
    @pistolpete

‘ReadTheChat!’ The best thing I’ve heard in a long time!!!

ZeZe
    @zeze

I tried the Discord. It took numerous attempts to get in.  Once I did, it looked like a string of unconnected comments.  What am I doing wrong?

grammyK
    @grammyk

@zeze you are doing NOTHING wrong. The discord is the messy thing. Rovio should have bought this site instead of using discord IMO lol.

Champ
    @pistolpete

@ZeZe Have you selected your ‘Role Choices?’ Near the top you will see that page to click on.

I kind of like Discord, as we have managed to recruit quality, dedicated players. It’s up to you on how much you get involved in the chats…

grammyK
    @grammyk

@pistolpete , lol, but your server will be nicely organized and full of intelligent meaningful conversations, while Rovio is catering to people who want “emoji gif testing” channels <paste tearing my hair out grimacing emoji here!>

ZeZe
    @zeze

I made my role choices and read the rules.  I try to access AB2 but can’t.  I’m not impressed.

ZeZe
    @zeze

Got into AB2 finally and it’s just a series of random comments.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@zeze, I wish it were organized in conversations. I’m Libra#4322 on there. So far I’ve had two of my suggestions pinned for voting. After I hung out reading a bit I’m learning to skim and skip. And ignoring big chunks of it. They created enough areas so far that a lot of stuff I don’t want to see is now out of the areas I’m interested in. And the moderators are doing clean-up. Also it’s slowed down since the first few days thank goodness.

ZeZe
    @zeze

Where are the voting sections?  It’s just stream of consciousness ramblings.  Not an improvement.   I’m ZeZe there.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@zeze they just “pin” a comment right where it is. Then you’re supposed to look for pins which is found via the head/shoulders thing in the very top right corner, but you have to do it for each section, so really, only a few people who are there at the time or do back-reading will see it.

The search is beside the head so I tried it and here are a couple screenshots:

ZeZe
    @zeze

Anyone think the discord is an improvement?

grammyK
    @grammyk

Improvement over this forum? I think it’s not exactly an improvement, just different. But it is fast to chat when you’re in there at the same time and you get notifications if someone mentions you or at other times the why of which I haven’t figured out yet.

ZeZe
    @zeze

How can you access a list of clans?

Champ
    @pistolpete

I think you have to leave then click to join a clan. It will show you a small list of clans, or you can search for a name or number.

We’re #408496, and would still love for you to join us!

grammyK
    @grammyk

@zeze @pistolpete re discord, it sure is better than clan chat! Champ set up a discord server for us (yes I joined the champs:-) and it’s way better than clan chat. And way better than Facebook IMO for clan chatting.

ZeZe
    @zeze

@pistolpete and @GrammyK, I still feel some loyalty to the Clan even though we have had a run of 7 losses.  The last one we lost by about 3 points.  The Clan has lost some of its strongest players.

I am still thinking about it, that’s why I wanted to  check clans.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@zeze the only list of clans we can see is in the recruitment thread where we can check out those who advertise. I understand the loyalty thing. My new second player is still trying to “save” the rest of the old clan. If only they would notice all the signs that they need to chat lol.

How many active players in your clan?

ZeZe
    @zeze

@pistolpete @grammy k.  We finally won with over 40 playing (first time ever).  However, the other Clan had many more non players.  I’ll see how the next battle goes. What are the rewards at your level?  How long is your streak?

grammyK
    @grammyk

@zeze, you are in a big clan. We are emerald, rewards are 1500. My EB dumped all the dead bulbs in my old clan so they are now only 7 players, level gold, 1000 feathers only. I’m curious if this will wake some of them up lol.

I’m  going to send you a pm tomorrow about the old games and discord. Talk to you later.

ZeZe
    @zeze

Look forward to it.

Champ
    @pistolpete

Glad you won!

Like Grammy said, currently Emerald with 1,500 feathers and a Legendary Chest. Our streak is 20 consecutive wins and most likely another one from this battle.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Mechanics of clan chat

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.