Maelstrom does not give coins

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Maelstrom does not give coins

• I finished the Maelstrom level many times and then I get the box and shows me 3 golden coins, but they do not add to my coins.. Is this a bug?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • Toby
    @tobyv

@joeyba : “I finished the Maelstrom level many times….” Everyone hates you now. You know that, right? :p

Woodbreaker
    @dzung

What’s inside that’s treasure chest? I only finished it once, and used all of my Friendship Essences but cannot get that chest.

Toby
    @tobyv

@dzung : 3 lucky (gold) coins (and maybe some basic forage items, I don’t really remember). Once I got the chest, the level now only offers 3 water (not even crystal water, geesh) as the “big prize”. @joeyba, are you still getting the chest offered?

Joey
    @joeyba

@tobyv im still getting the treasure chest. most of the time i finish the level, i get it and it shows me the 3 coins inside but they dont add to my count:(

Jmeredith06
    @jmeredith06

@joeyba

What was the bird setup you were using to win?

*Edit* I just dominated it. Used Veteran Samurai, Princess(not veteran), and Veteran Wizard. My birds are level 18. I have decent gear from 3 starring items and from cave 2 of the Chornicle Cave. A few set items. Passed it with almost all birds having full health. Easiest setup I’ve tried so far. Hope it helps the rest of you.

Also, I got the treasure chest and the 3 coins did add to my total. You must have encountered a bug.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

3 gold (Lucky) coins, 2 vials, and 2 ‘skulls’ (fossils) were in the chest I got.

Since it’s a long battle with only 1 enemy, I used birds/classes with the single biggest damage per turn. For me this is currently

– Blues/skulkers (473 +30%*473[blues] + 30%*939[bomb] +30%*36[matilda]) = 933
    – Bomb/seadog (626*1.5)=939 {use ‘gang up’ to get 3 attacks per 2 turns}

Matilda/druid is used for the thorny vine damage (every third turn) plus healing (on the other 2 turns) plus potions to supplement if she can’t keep up. Her damage is (109+310+310+310)/3 = 346 average, but the ‘poison’ damage doesn’t get the 30% bump, only direct attacks do (109/3)=36

When the rage chili fills, blues gets it every time for the extra damage and the 1-turn stun. Make sure Bomb’s ‘gang-up’ is active even when blues gets the chili. Also important to prioritize keeping bomb at or near full health, or his damage drops.

My birds are level 25 and have upgraded classes, but this strategy should work for lower levels. To use the fewest potions, swap Chuck/Rainbird for Bomb, and consider switching Matilda to Princess or Bard, and prepare for a long slog.

Thanks for this thread because I didn’t even know this level was there! On android there is no “path” leading here. For reference this is ABN’s walkthrough:

Angry Birds Epic Maelstrom Walkthrough

aviv2000
    @aviv2000

i have a good maelstorm srategy
    red- knight
    chuck- wizard
    matilda- princess

buff up red with protect & energize & do a royal order with mitilda
    he will attack red & has a high chance of being stunned

& then just keep red buffed & high on health & use your rage chilly on chuck

i won twice while i was in lvl 16

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jmeredith06, @avip2u, @aviv2000 — I hope you all posted your strats on the walkthrough page, which I think can be found in the Desert Island walkthroughs. That’s the place that most people will be looking for them.

Danke_
    @danke

@joeyba rolling the prizes again with the friendship essence doesn’t count as getting the prizes multiple times, the main treasure chest can be taken only ONCE, so you won’t get multiple coins when redoing the battle. Also, using Wizard’s supportive ability you have a 32,7% chance of not applying the stun debuff towards the Poseidon pig, watch out for that!

King2510
    @king2510

Aviv2000, your method is awesome. It took a while and I did not get the chest despite my desperate attempt, but I still won. Now I just have to find more patience to do it more times.

Minion Pig
    @minionpig

My strategy is
    Paladin=second healer, use its shield all the time to reduce pig’s healing
    Princess=force the pig to attack paladin and heals paladin
    Lightning bird=use secondary ability on Paladin to heal again, or use it on Princess to keep the pig’s attention off Chuck

Krypto
    @krypto

Not sure if anyone used this combo to deal with maelstrom (with 100% health left, i was around level 20 when i beat it, at the time it took a while)

Blue birds – Elite rogue

Matilda – Elite Princess

Red bird – Elite paladin

I start off with giving red bird cupcake trap from blue birds. Then use devotion on red bird himself. After that attack with Matilda.

Next turn Rogue can attack with sticky goo – and the rest of the birds.

Repeat. When rage chili fills up – blue birds always get the attack for the 1+ turn stun.

Basically – Always keep cupcake trap on red bird.
    – Make sure Red bird always has devotion up
    – Always use rage chili on blue birds

Inefficient, but it gets the job done.

Danke_
    @danke

@krypto and @minionpig please post your strategy on the correspondent walkthrough, this topic it’s about an issue a player has ecountered, not about the walkhtrough.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Maelstrom does not give coins

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.