Madagooscar

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Madagooscar

• Has anyone been able to play the new Madagooscar levels this morning? Are they a rehash of previous levels or is there a new concept like Gravity Grove was? I am looking forward to some different levels and no repeats of previous ones. Thank you in advance for your comments.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@oldmanbird I have (possibly) seen them in the Daily Challenges a couple of times in the past few weeks- just a relash of Snotting Hill (it SNOT funny Rovio- be creative!) :/

Mancala Parakin
    @mancala-parakin

It’s a continuation of Snotting Hill. Out of season much?
    Then again, spooky levels were probably in high demand. And I love the lemur on your avatar, @rowdypup, it would’ve fit Madagooscar perfectly.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@mancala-parakin thanks! When I went through the level pack (before it was released) on a Daily Challenge a while back, I observed no new pigs and just slime “designs”/boss arenas that I had not seen before in Snotting Hill

I asked Rovio to change this whole “reskin”-for-every-new-world thing on a Facebook post, and they said that they would take it under consideration for the future- now all we can do is hope that Madagooscar (and any other world that’s a clone) will be a new creation, and have a second chance…

David Martin
    @david-martin

I said this in the Daily Challenge thread a few days ago.

I’m guessing a set of 20 new and really fun Snotting Hill-type levels is right around the corner. (And I predict the third level and/or first boss of that set will be massively infuriating.)

And that’s EXACTLY how it went down. 623 was absolutely brutal. The first boss was one where if you got him stuck on the platform up top (which was almost impossible to avoid), trying to get him down again was beyond infuriating. Aside from that, these levels were quite fun.

I don’t necessarily mind an old level mechanic being reused because we do see new level layouts (which can be especially brain-bending due to the slime mechanic – where do I fire first to create maximum damage?) and some of the more recent elements of the game get incorporated into it that weren’t present last time around. I was really irritated when they rehashed Pigsyland with absolutely nothing new, but several of these levels hit the right balance between new and familiar for my tastes. I’m always excited to see a truly brand new mechanic, but given how punishing some of the earliest levels in a new level set tend to be, it’s nice to already have some tricks up my sleeve when I get to such a level.

reddie
    @reddie250

@david-martin You said it — 623 and that first boss level were absolutely evil. It’s a good thing I had both Terence and Bomb on that boss level. The big guy knocked down Chef Pig and I then used bomb to send him rolling down and to his doom.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Even after getting him down, I had hard time figuring out how to hit him – the ceiling was too low and slime would just push me back up above him. I think I got lucky and he just rolled to his doom due to the platform being sloped and enough of the stuff on it being cleared out ahead of time.

The thing is, I could have sworn I saw the same boss in a DC before the new levels were released, and I had no trouble with him at the time.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Madagooscar

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.