Lucky Coins Advice

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Lucky Coins Advice

• I was finally able to purchase the Golden Chili Pepper yesterday, and now I was wondering what class I should save up for next. I’m tempted to buy the Skulkers, but I am not sure if I’m subconsciously choosing it because it’s the cheapest or not. Any personal suggestions on what to go for next would be appreciated (choosing from Skulkers, Sea Dog, and Thunderbird).

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@adventurer — Definitely Sea Dog. Not sure about order of Skulkers and Thunderbird. I have all, and probably use Thunderbird and Skulkers the same amount, but I use Sea Dog most of the time.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I agree with mvnla2. I have only played Skulkers to gain mastery for him and have never actually had to use him in an objective. Seadog is expensive but extremely powerful with his Gang Up ability.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@adventurer Definitely Skulkers – they’re very useful. In Arena, they were one of my most used classes – I used them with Archmage and Berserker for extreme group damage. They also come in useful in Thursday and Saturday’s dungeons. I almost never use Thunderbird, and I only used Sea Dog to 3-star some of the cave bosses.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The Sea Dog is the best bird to use for fighting bosses and Skulkers is also very useful for doing extra damage, but the Marksmen are also pretty good at helping you do extra damage. I like Skulkers more than the Marksmen, since the Marksmen kind of limit you to using birds with multiple attacks if you want to maximize damage. The Marksmen will help your team do almost as much damage as Skulkers while the Sea Dog with his high damage and extra attack really helps a lot. However you need to make sure he stays healthy which isn’t too hard to do, but you have to pay attention and watch his health.

Anonymous

I would go for Skulkers first and then Sea Dog. Skulkers can be deadly against Ninjas if you pair with Druid. Skulkers if used right can also inflict massive damage to a single target or even everyone using Tricksy Trick on themselves. They are also really good in the Arena.

Sea Dog is great too especially for the Saturday Dungeon if you pair with Paladin but I don’t use him very much because of the health requirement. I mean think about the big pigs who do massive damage at one time. Sure he’s strong now but basically useless until he’s back at full health. Also Sea Dog IMO is terrible in the Arena.

Not Thunderbird. I hardly ever use him. EVER.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

I’d say seadog. And it is great I’m the arena, along rain bird and paladin it is an easy and practically unbeatable trio. Even more so if you happen to have the blessed set and the scissors set that make sure the seadog stays healthy and splash damage…

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

I got Skulkers before getting Sea Dog and have regretted it ever since I actually got Sea Dog. He’s awesome, especially when he gangs up with a Time Jump-equipped Chuck. The Skulkers can help inflict some impressive damage, though. I just don’t use them much anymore.

Mopurglar
    @mopurglar

Personally, I would go with Sea Dog. Gang up is incredibly helpful–not only does it deal lots of damage, but that extra attack also helps the rage chili fill up noticeably more quickly.

I don’t like using Skulkers as much, though I realize it’s a fairly popular class and everyone’s playing style is different. And @killerkea makes a good point that the Marksmen are relatively similar for upping damage.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I got mine in this order: Skulkers, Sea Dog, then lastly Thunderbird.

Skulkers are very helpful with the “Knock out 3 birds with a 1 attack” objective.

Sea Dog is a great damage dealer, when kept topped up on health, and often a required class in the daily objectives.

Thunderbird is useful for the “Knock out 3 birds while they’re attacking the banner” objective, but also a required class for some daily objectives. It’s also useful in the Thursday dungeon.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I bought the Thunderbird last night since it was the only class I didn’t have. Except for fighting ninja or large groups I don’t see why anyone would want to use it. The Mage and Archmage’s Shock Shield is better for the “Knock out 3 birds while they’re attacking the banner” objective since it does more than twice as much damage and he also does more damage to all enemies. I thought the 25% bonus might be nice especially if you have Skulkers to make it apply to all enemies, but it is better to use Skulkers’ 30% bonus and the enemy is damaged enough that the 25% bonus isn’t really useful by the second round.

I can confirm that the Stone Guardian you see is rank 1 because the the stats on the Thunderbird didn’t change when I bought it and the rank 10 version does 90% more damage then what you see when you don’t own the headset. It took me 6.5 minutes, 274 dojo upgrades and 19,180 snoutlings to upgrade from rank 1 to rank 10 on my iPad 3.

Snarky
    @snarky

@killerkea… how/where did you buy the Stone Guardian? I can see his silhouette on Red’s page, however it isn’t in the store – and I went to all the class upgrade shops I could see on the map without luck… appreciate the advice!

Regards, Snarky

@snarky, Stone guardian should not be available until the mini map campaign.

@killerkea
    , you mention having bought stone guardian, how did you do this??? I think many would like to know! :)

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I didn’t buy the Stone Guardian. I bought the Thunderbird and upgraded him to rank 10. The Stone Guardian when it becomes available will probably be upgradable in the dojo too. I was trying to say the the description you see for the Stone Guard when you don’t own him is a rank 1 Stone Guardian because the description I saw for the Thunderbird when I didn’t own him was for a rank 1 Thunderbird.

@killerkea, ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I was getting my hopes up for an easter egg or something… (it’s easter after all…)

Snarky
    @snarky

@killerkea Ah, understood now. Cheers.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

My vote is for Thunderbird. Especially in Arena. Nothing like using his support ability against a team of Chuck + Spies + Red with Dragon set. They melt from all the reflected damage.

Thunderbird also came in handy during that recent event (the one with the mechanical pigs). Thunderbirds support + Cleric’s support pretty much tipped the scales vs that one pig that did the rocket blast on all my birds.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you had the Sea Dog, you would have always killed the enemy before he could launch the rocket blast attack. I probably should have intentionally let them attack me just to see the graphics and what would happen instead of 3 starring every battle. I really liked some of the effects they made like the water dripping from your birds when you got hit by the water cannon.

I prefer using Wizard or Rainbird a lot more than Thunderbird in the arena and I think both Skulkers’ and the Sea Dog’s support abilities are better for the arena. the Thunderbird’s support ability doesn’t do much damage unless you are fighting things with multiple attacks. A Mage and Princess combo does more than twice as much damage as the Thunderbird’s Rage of Thunder. Switch the Princess out for the Rogue’s Cupcake Trap and you are really doing a lot of damage when combined with the Mage/Archmage’s Shock Shield.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Thunderbird’s shield is 35% of his damage over 3 birds and the banner. If Chuck/Spies/Beserker or any other form of AoE hits all of your birds, they take a total of 140% damage as opposed to Archmage’s 75%. Also to use Archmage’s ability reliably you need Princess/Avenger/Rogues or able to predict where the enemy team will attack. Usually they attack the lowest health, but not always.

My biggest problem with Sea Dog is that he has a major liability. If his health drops, so does his damage. Enemy team goes first and lays down some AoE and Bomb survives with 10% health? Looks like he won’t be doing much unless you heal him a lot (which is possible if you run Paladin/Princess I guess)

But what I like is that each bird has it’s uses. If you have more than enough AoE then go with Sea Dog. If you have enough single target damage, go with Thunderbird.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The huge majority prefer the Sea Dog over Thunderbird. Many times you aren’t fighting Chuck and Spies so the Thunderbird’s Rage of Thunder isn’t very useful. A 140% damage is nice, but the Sea Dog’s 200% is better. His base damage is also much higher plus the sugar rush or scissors set when combined with the blessed set is very strong. The Sea Dog can usually get two attacks per round or more so even when he is damaged he is still doing more damage than other characters. When I’m fighting Chuck or Spies I target those birds first. Keeping my Sea Dog healthy isn’t a problem and I don’t even use healers in my group most of the time. As long as you have the Reborn set for Chuck you’ll be fine because the enemy almost always targets Chuck and being reborn now has the nice effect of removing harmful effects.

The Sea Dog also speeds up combat a lot because I can often destroy the enemy banner before the birds can revive.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Of course it’s all situational, but I’d say Sea Dog is better in more situations than Thunderbird.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Lucky Coins Advice

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.