Lowest Score Challenge – ended

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Lowest Score Challenge – ended

• HappyShakeHi fellow-flingers,

I just found this forum and thought it might be the right place to post one of my callow ideas for another challenge. Being some sort of a surgeon – a vet in fact – during surgery I try to only remove what is absolutely necessary and leave the rest unharmed. That brought me to the idea of finishing levels with as little collateral damage as possible. Sure, like most of you I love to blow everything to smithereens and total destruction, but try and you’ll find out that it can be as challenging as the”normal” way!

Previous winners

This thread was created by @Happyshake in the old forum. Due to HappyShake’s less than optimal internet connection right now, he’s letting @burpie and @e-star temporarily take over his duties.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 94 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@Burpie @E-Star Due to the server issues, I had to recreate the thread. Let me know if there are any issues.

burpie
    @burpie

Thanks @amslimfordy, it looks great. Missing a few posts but nothing terribly important. I hope all is well with the rest of the new forum!

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I will commemorate the grand (re)opening of this new thread with a new score: 33170

1. Shot first bird under junk (without hitting anything) and knocked bottom pig into pig above it and the big bubble.
    2. Shot second bird through top stone beam and manually detonated it as far away from anything so as to not do any damage.
    3. Shot third bird over top and pushed top pig into small pig.

burpie
    @burpie

Hi @SnTrooper, good job!

But not good enough ;-)

After posting your name as the leader, I revisited the level myself and got 32,150 points. Same strategy as before – by pushing some boulders into the pigs. This time there seemed to be no collateral damage.

burpie
    @burpie

And now 32,120 points. (Still 3 days left.)

SeasonsKing
    @theangrybird

Less than 7 hours left, everyone! Can’t wait to find out what the next level is!

burpie
    @burpie

Since my score won, I get to pick! The next level is Star Wars, Death Star 2-7.

Good luck to all!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

OK, opening bid on SW DS 2-7: 27320 I actually took a screenshot this time since I think it might be a pretty good score. Actually did it with 2 birds, which surprised me so much I almost didn’t get rid of the last 2 in time.
    Actually came back to play the last challenge — I thought it ended tomorrow. Oh, well.

burpie
    @burpie

Hi @mvnla2, nice score!

As for the closing date, the Pig Bang 1-16 challenge ended at midnight Nov. 22/23 in my own time zone (Central European, UTC +1). I hope that the countdown clock reflected this… perhaps it counts down to midnight in the visitor’s time zone, I never checked.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Hi @Burpie — No worries. I just assumed I was confused. The countdown clock which I didn’t look at previously does seem to be in your time zone. Might be good to mention which time zone the end is in, but it isn’t that important to me if miss the deadline.

burpie
    @burpie

I just replaced the countdown clock with one that looks terrible but should take my time zone into account. (I’ll look some more tomorrow for a version that looks better.) I also updated the top post.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@burpie It might be good to post the time as “UTC”. We do this usually for the Advent Calendar updates in Seasons (e.g., https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-seasons-winter-wonderham-update-now-available/#notes).

A good site is time.is. This specific links goes to 2300h on 28 November UTC, and automatically converts the time based on the viewer’s IP.

burpie
    @burpie

Thanks @amslimfordy, your comments are always appreciated! I added the time in UTC to the top post.

In the old thread I had an embedded countdown widget to avoid confusion (like you still do in the Daily Challenge). Is there any chance you’ll allow that in the new forum?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Allowing users to include <object> code is a big risk in terms of spamming and such. We’re a bit worried about that.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I’ve lost count of how many times I have gotten this score doing different things. I’m starting to wonder if it is actually posible to get lower. This round may end up in a tie.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sntrooper — Congrats on lowest score. Guess if I get what I think is a good low score, I should assume someone will do better in not too long. Guess I might try again.

burpie
    @burpie

@sntrooper, I just got the same score. If nobody can beat 26,030, you get the prize for posting the winning score first and I get tar and feathers for picking a lousy level!

Kathy
    @kathy

Hey!! How’d I miss all this? Darn it great score on pig bang @burpie :)
    I thought I had a pretty good lead, then I got lost With the forum changed:(
    So death star it is:)

Kathy
    @kathy

Oh that’s pretty cool it says up top in the title of thread the end date:) I like it ;-) I like it a lot:)

Kathy
    @kathy

I’m confused lol not unusual,I thought I picked pig bang, so I think the chart up top is wrong?idk maybe I’m confused but if I had won trick or treat then pig bang should have been next Not poached eggs? confused lol

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@kathy You picked both. First when you won then when SeasonsKing didn’t pick.

Kathy
    @kathy

Ooohh yeah @SnTrooper lol. My memory is short hahaha ,ty;)

burpie
    @burpie

@Kathy Welcome back and good luck!

@SnTrooper
    Thank you for clearing things up ;-)

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I did it! 25830

First shot: Weak shot just to the far left edge. Obi-Wan spins in hits small upper planetoid and bounces back at the Stormtrooper in bubble. Just as he pops the bubble push pig into space.
    Second shot: Just to the bottom edge of large gravity well towards right Stormtrooper in bubble. Push pig into space as soon as Obi-Wan pops it’s bubble.
    Third shot: At bottom of left Stormtrooper on large planetoid. As Obi-Wan rolls around push right Stormtrooper into space.
    Forth shot: Slightly lower than last shot. Push at Stormtrooper on small planetoid when Obi-Wan is under him.

http://angrybir.de/1iRpgSq

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I got down another 100 points to 25730 by going to the left of the small planetoid and pushing the pig down to the right into space for my final shot.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Lowest Score Challenge – ended

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.