Just bought one for gems. Using tokens as a cost offset. Anyone else?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Just bought one for gems. Using tokens as a cost offset. Anyone else?

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@aliaspbj so, once you have the bot, you no longer start a challenge node at full health? That sounds like a programming glitch. Once you own the bot and start his upgrade, is he no longer available in the competition?

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The bots do NOT start lower than L10 in the challenge nodes once you have them. There is no indication of health level when you start a challenge node. But, when you go into the barracks, the bot you use on the challenge levels needs to be recharged for full health. Upgrading does not affect bot availability in the challenge nodes.

What I don’t know is what happens if you upgrade your bots higher than L10, whether you get to use it the challenge nodes at the higher level. From another post (not by me), the bots perform differently on regular nodes and are weaker in the challenge nodes, which is consistent with what we have seen on all the recent challenges. I also don’t know if you get the power from any accessories in the challenge nodes.

In the barracks, the full range of usual accessories is offered for all three bots including headphones, hats, sunglasses, etc. But, the cowboy hat doesn’t seem to be available, which I thought was supposed to be available for all the pig characters.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

The upgrades and accessories do make a difference in the challenge nodes especially when it comes to controlling their movement. I have the headphones for Skywarp (L4) and Starscream (L5). I have Sheapnel for Sunstorm (L5) and it seems to make a slight improvement in the scores for the challenge nodes.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@PJB

Thanks for the info. No chance of getting any in this comp the way it’s been going.

Kevin Conway
    @kevin-conway

done that as well

AngrLee
    @angrlee

To answer the question of whether you get to use a new tf in a comp node higher than level 10 if you have one and its upgraded higher. Answer is no. I have one at level 1r3 and it is still level 10 in comp nodes.

Edit.
    I take the above back. My newly upgraded level 14 tf ran a comp node today. At the start, I got the message that armor was upgraded. It played like a l14 even though it still said it was l10. And it took damage I could see in the barracks. So it appears you do get to play over l10 but it won’t tell you that it is higher.

BP
    @bpmann

I earned enough tokens to purchase Starscream a few days ago, and after that Boss Pig emerged his 1 of 2 times so far this challenge. Probably upgraded to level 4 or 5, but he took out Boss Pig pretty easily- but strangely after that, there was nothing left in the mission- no pigs, no blocks, no nothing. I got my +\- 500 blocks and that was it. The next time Boss pig showed up against Sun storm, I had no chance.
    I will probably burn through half of what gems I have to buy SunStorm at the end of the challenge and hope for a second chance for the remaining. Liked this format.

nykki
    @diamond72

I unlocked SunStorm, but it cost me 234 gems. Couldn’t play constantly cause, well I have sleep and work! This game was more fun when you could unlock new characters with the piggies. Seems so long ago.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

There’s no way I’m putting myself through this again. I’ve gladly spent my gems. Fortunately they all came from farming, anyway.

David
    @davidt18

I bought gems since they were on sale. Was able to use tokens to unlock 2 transformers and had to buy tokens with gems for the 3rd. Didn’t get the accessories in hopes they will offer them again and I don’t have to use more gems. Spent way more in this competition than all other previous ones.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I’m gambling that the TF and 2 accessories I didn’t buy will be available in a future comp.

I see no reason to think the rules on that one will be exactly the same as the rules on this one.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I too am waiting for the next event. I unlocked Starscream and Sunstorm and their accessories with tokens alone. Whatever format they do for that one, I’ll have to put little effort. Although, I’m somewhat obsessed with events, so probably not.

jasebree
    @jasebree

I will be curious to see if they offer different accessories in the next comp for the TFs, or if they will be the same.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

I’m waiting for a future comp to unlock Star Scream. I debated spending the 1600 gems I needed, but that seemed very steep. It SEEMED like a sure thing that they would be offered again. Fingers crossed I’m not kicking myself later… like I still am over Nemesis Prime nearly a year later…

Anonymous

I am going to wait to get Starscream and Skywarp in a future comp where they are cheaper.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@soundwave I really think you have made a good decision. There will be a chance to get the bots again in the future. While I do wish I had Rodimus and Nemesis I don’t regret my decision to not plunk down actual money to pay for them and I would not buy them if they were offered for sale again. It hasn’t killed me not to have them and besides, the total number of bots now far exceeds the total number of playable nodes (38 vs. 32 with 2 more bots becoming available soon) given that only six nodes are active at a time. Truthfully, unless they update the game, there’s no point in having all of the Tfs (excluding the personal triumph of having unlocked all of them).

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Just bought one for gems. Using tokens as a cost offset. Anyone else?

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.