Is it possible to manipulate a screen shot score?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Is it possible to manipulate a screen shot score?

• There is a screenshot posted here with a score shown that I believe is simply not obtainable. I’m convinced that someone has come up with a way to manipulate/photoshop or simply create a screenshot showing a score not actually obtained on a level during play. Anyone else think this is possible?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Yes, it’s certainly possible. But there are also ways to check if a screenshot has been doctored.

nancy
    @nancy

THEE-MICHELLE has posted a score of 120,230 using a swop and two pigs on Star Wars II PR-15. With everything off the screen, it would be impossible to get more than 120,000 using 1 pig shot and he claims he used 2. It is impossible to clear the level with one pig and achieve a score over 117,000. I’m convinced something is wrong here….can you investigate for me or am I just being nitpicky and crazy?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that screenshot. Even the color hues behind the score look consistent.

nancy
    @nancy

Thank you

nancy
    @nancy

If you play with Level PR-15 for ten minutes you will see that a score over 120,000 is impossible to achieve. My daughter (who is not 67 years old and photoshop/ tech savvy) says he simply overlaid his score from BR-15 (the title of his screen shot BTW) over PR-15. This posted score is not possible and many of his other high scores are sketchy too. I think you have a very clever member here….ask Rovio.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

The score is perfectly fine. The player swapped the first Battle Droid for Kit Fisto, which does significantly more damage.

nancy
    @nancy

You miss my point….I swapped for Kit also completely destroying the entire middle platform. But then you need the droid to take out the three chains. That is two pigs. If everything on the screen is gone…middle platforms, all plants and wooden structures, you’re score is circa 107,000 thousand + bonus pig for circa 117,000 ….there are not 3,000+ more points to be found.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

The user in question is very reliable. I do not question the score, nor do I question the screenshot submitted.

nancy
    @nancy

Dear AM….I promise this is my last word on this matter. No one has more respect for the good ‘ol boy network than I do….I’ve fought it my entire life and haven’t beat it yet. But one of these days I promise you that your curiosity and sense of fair play will get the better of you and you’ll play this level and do the math and you too will wonder how it was possible to score 120,000+. Don’t ban me for my tenacity about this. I love this sight and applaud your success and good work. No hard feelings…your biggest fan.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

There is a degree of randomness in the physics engine of Angry Birds, such that repeating the same ‘optimal’ trajectory multiple times with the same bird may produce devastatingly effective effects.

Thus an ‘impossible’ score to some, might be just the result of hard work and many minutes/hours/days of trial and error to get that perfect trajectory and multiple repeat attempts to get past that ‘random number generator’ in the way of glorious victory :)

nancy
    @nancy

Oh do I agree with you…just not this level. Just try it for yourself.

nancy
    @nancy

Rovio Support Team, May 14 07:02:

Dear Nancy,

We have now tested the level in question and unfortunately we couldn’t reproduce the score you mentioned.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Nadir
    Rovio Support Team
    , Apr 28 13:10:

Joe, thanks so much for your quick response. Here is my problem. I am a huge AB fan. I am particularly intrigued by the PR levels in ABSWII and have played them to death but never tire of them. On Angry Birds nest a member posted a score on PR-15 of 120,230 explaining he swopped Kit Fisto to completely destroy the middle platform and then used the red Droid to take out all the chains. Playing the level and doing the math shows me that there is a maximum of 117,000 + or – points on this level (completely gutting middle platform, chains, plants, ice and all wooden structures) using ONE pig. But complete destruction of the level is impossible with one pig. What makes it even more frustrating and intriguing is the screen shot posted showing this score. I really need your analysis of this because it is truly making me crazy (yes, I need a life).

Is it possible there was some scoring glitch in this level? The player is an Android user. I obtained a score of 114,000+ using one Droid. Of course I bought a permanent Kit Fisto to attempt to duplicate the method but with EVERYthing destroyed on the level, the best score I obtained with two pigs/birds is 109,000+. Please look into this for me.

Nancy

scott20
    @scott20

@jtwade and @nancy… a fun way I stumbled upon some scores are looking at the Game Center on iOS… amongst over 7.5 million users… @renerika is #3… I’m #14… @cali_mom is #18. : )

Those scores are automatically submitted and can’t be forged. Apple somehow got rid of all the hacked scores which was awesome to see.

I figure if anyone can get 120k on that level it would be @thee-michelle though. I tried using thee-michelle’s strategy a few times, but quickly moved on… lol.

I gave up posting my scores on Angry Birds Star Wars cuz people obviously post top scores using power-ups IMO. This is the true benefit of swaps for ABSW2.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jtwade — GameCenter apparently doesn’t show scores for individual levels.

scott20
    @scott20

Upon taking another look at the Game Center leaderboard, a lot of people here on ABN are tops on the Game Center! Cool to see all the familiar faces there owning the leaderboard. Here are their positions on the Game Center leaderboard.

#1 @wicket182
    #2 @cconnielf
    #3 @renerika
    #4 @Myselfiandme
    #5 @DonnMega
    #7 @Traneric
    #10 @Ericbirdz
    #11 @FilmNotDead
    #13 @scott20
    #14 @Ozzman
    #17 @hornet32
    #18 @cali_mom
    #20 @cosmo2503

nancy
    @nancy

@nancy Hey Scott, I’m in there too – my Game Center name is SwitchBug and today they have me ranked at #7. The strangest thing about Game Center though; I went into for the first time in 6 months last week and got my ABSWII game up to date with them on a Friday. Saturday all my scores were in there and it showed me #1 on both the Bird and Pork reward levels. However, on Sunday when I hit either the Bird or Pork reward level leaderboards, I no longer appear and under Rank it says “Not Ranked” #7 overall. Don’t understand what is going on since I have 461,400 more points than the currently #1 ranked player on the Pork Reward level and 501,810 more points than the currently rated Bird Reward level player. Any idea what might be going on. I called Apple and they checked out my ipad and suggested that Rovio might have removed them as Rovio can mess around with the scoring and ranking on Game Center even though it’s affiliated with Apple. Go figure?!?

scott20
    @scott20

@nancy… glad to see another representative of ABN on the Game Center!

Yeah, the Game Center is a complete mess for all iOS games. At least the hacked scores were removed for ABSW2. The Total Score leaderboard seems to be the only updated and legit leaderboard there.

For the individual chapters, it says “Not ranked” for all of them and when I click on them, the scores represented are all low scores, way lower than what we actually have.

nancy
    @nancy

Yes, very irritating when you work so hard to get good scores and Game Center doesn’t acknowledge them. And no individual level scores…what damn good is it? They should and could do better. What I don’t understand is why I was ranked on the Bird and Pork Rewards levels one day and the next I’m gone.

cconnielf
    @cconnielf

Hi, Scott! It was so nice to be notified via email that you had posted your message about the “new” Game Center Total Score Leaderboard scores with so many of the ABN friends listed. I had quit paying attention to it long ago because of the obviously hacked scores. Now that those hacked scores are gone, my grandkids can check their Grandma’s status, too…they know how crazy I am about ABSW2! I find ABSW2 unparalleled in fun, challenge, and competitiveness…I love it! Connie

scott20
    @scott20

@cconnielf… Well that makes you the coolest grandma ever! And I must commend you along with the others in the Top 10. So impressive.

scott20
    @scott20

It seems the awesomeness of the Clone update caused the Game Center to blow a massive fuse and it’s as messed up as ever now. : (

cconnielf
    @cconnielf

Yes, Scott….I had sadly noticed! Perhaps we can hope for a correction? BTW….I love your avatar! Thanks for keeping in touch!
    Connie

scott20
    @scott20

@cconnielf… Yeah, I really hope the Game Center gets fixed. I love seeing us ABN’ers owning the top of that leader board.

And @mpg973 fulfilled my request to create a Dooku avatar. All credit goes to MP… : )

scott20
    @scott20

@nancy… now I’m starting to feel your frustration that you had with PR-15. However, mine is with B4-6!

Angry Birds Star Wars 2 Rise of the Clones Level B4-6 Walkthrough

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Is it possible to manipulate a screen shot score?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.