Is Challange run worth it?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Is Challange run worth it?

• I currently have 5k gems and all i have been doing is saving them for new characters. I was wondering if challange run was worth 2500 gems( i alr have devastator). I heard it not being fair and etc.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • Bob
    @bob1001

In my opinion it is worth it if you have extra gems to spend.  I unlocked it as my first purchase to include Devastator.  It will always be a struggle to get high up in the standings with so many players being so overpowered. But even getting to the level that I get to I still get some fairly decent items from the chests at the end of the week.

Galaxes
    @galaxes

@bob1001 is it filled with cheaters? Do u have it and is it hard to get to the high leagues?

Galaxes
    @galaxes

Also @bob1001 what is the fastest way to get dirge? And when is the next coneheads event?

RFredW
    @rfredw

Depending how you’re playing, it may be worth it just to start the challenge and immediately quit, ignoring the leagues & leaderboards entirely.

Starting the daily challenge – and also playing Jenga if you blow the cash on that – are a 9th/10th daily quest. Daily quests still only need 8 completed for the final reward, so you’re avoiding the need to “open 5 chests” (costing 75000 coins) per day.

Bob
    @bob1001

I can’t tell you if it is filled with cheaters or not but there are lots of people who have over powered transformers who can last longer in the runs than my bots can plus I am sure there are people who have lots of extra gems to use if they want to stay higher up in the leaderboards. I have never made it into the top 2 tiers of the challenge run but even weren’t have made it I am happy with the items I have acquired.

Here is what I got last week.

Bob
    @bob1001

As for Dirge, as Grimlock stated in the other thread we are still looking at 16 to 18 weeks before the Coneheads come around again. I used gems to buy Dirge during the event when he came up through the special sales.

Galaxes
    @galaxes

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@bob1001 really man? 18 weeks is just so long. I dont think any special offer for dirge before the event is coming out. Imnalso stuck with spark runs rn. I only have 2 slots unlocked at lvl 175 and without the x4 bonus of grimlock I will have 325 bonus promotion. Which will make the runs a lot longer and harder. Idk what to rlly do rn. 2500 gems for ajother slot is just a big no for me.</p>

Galaxes
    @galaxes

@bob1001 also does the 5k gems with 100k sparks deals appear anymore?

Galaxes
    @galaxes

<p style=”text-align: left;”>For me those rewards are just dog. I even considered getting dirge from the crates that s how desperate i am for him rn lol.</p>

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@bob1001 There is a way to bypass the weekly rewards and stay at the tier you are on so you can take as many weeks as you need to get to the top tier. And it is as simple as just not playing it on the last day (You can start it and quit to get the daily quest, just don’t play and get put on the leader board). Then when the day is done, close and restart the game before claiming the results.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@galaxes The Challenge Run is definitely worth getting. Just for the extra Daily Quest so you don’t have to do the “Open 5 Crates” one. Also from the gems you will get, it eventually pays for itself. After that it is just a free source of gems, coins, pigs, crystals, accessories, (and if you get to the top tiers) unlocks, upgrades and overpowers.

Dirge isn’t that great. Sure the healing will keep you alive but he leaves so many blocks behind that it takes considerably longer to complete a Spark Run than it does with other characters.

Tahtorak
    @tahtorak

Overpowers does not guarantee getting a good distance in the Challenge Run. My Menasor Pig is at level 21, but there are still times when I can only go as far as 99,539 before he gets KOed by a Walking Mortar Tower hiding behind a row of regular towers.

Though there IS a method to cheat your way into the final/diamond (?) league w/o using diamonds…

Galaxes
    @galaxes

@tahtorak wait since when thrre are walking mortar towers and since when combiners cant dodge mortar towers?

@Sntrooper
    my daily rewards are f’ed up cuz of the date glitch i used lol. Idk abt the “paying itself” part vcuz 2500 gems is a lot and it doesnt seem like it will pay itself anytime soon.

Galaxes
    @galaxes

@sntrooper also that s strange all the gameplays i saw of dirge just 1 shots every building.

Bob
    @bob1001

@sntrooper. Thanks for the tip on the cheat. I will have to try it.

I am surprised you are having that issue with Dirge as well. He rarely leaves blocks around after one hit from me. It just takes more for the gold blocks, pigs etc.  That is where I find he is weaker with his attack.

Galaxes
    @galaxes

@bob1001 @sntrooper i think what im gonna do is wait for the next week’s deals then see if i will want to buy 2 of them. If i dont im gonna get challange run.

Galaxes
    @galaxes

Edit: I realized there are 3 more days for them to renew. Should i just buy it?

Galaxes
    @galaxes

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@bob1001 what s the chance of getting a character from the challange run? If so how many times u have gotten it?</p>

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

You’re right. I just tested him out and he is considerably better than I remember. They must have made him stronger because when I was choosing who to promote for the squad (he would have been level 16 or 17 at the time) he was ineffective at best. Or I could just be misremembering (it was more than three years ago and I haven’t used him outside of a few regular map runs since) and it was his inability to take out pigs and WMTs fast that I didn’t like about him.

I still think Thrust is better for event runs and Mirage for Spark Run but he’s acceptable (especially for lower level players that can be helped by the healing ability).

@galaxes
    Yes, it will take a while but you will get them all back eventually. And if you are able to get to the top tiers, the stuff you will get from the gold crates will make it worth it even if you didn’t get any gems back.

Galaxes
    @galaxes

@sntrooper lesson learned, emp is everything in challange runs. I got to 160k each run after switching to emp. The pigs deal so much damage and everytime i die to random shoot of a pig after they die.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Is Challange run worth it?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.