Is AB Tournament scores true? Absolutely, NO!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is AB Tournament scores true? Absolutely, NO!

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Replies
  • Bill
    @dollarbill2208

Mostly agreed. I have grown to be quite close friends with a number of online players in my Facebook group. And while I was quite fond of many of the players here on ABN, I chose to spend more of my time in my group, which is why my ABN account has suffered. I spend too much time playing the game, and I can’t play both legit and cheat style. hahahahahaha! Speaking of Rovio scores, I do agree that theory is made up at best, and I seriously doubt that is happening. The only scores Rovio ever puts out are 1-star and 2-star scores by Red and Chuck.

Philsey
    @philsey

I’ve just started playing ABF and I came here to get some insight into league play. Now that I’ve read through this thread, I’m not even sure that I’m going to continue on with ABF. The draw for me was competing to see how well I could do against others and to see how high I could advance. That attraction is definitely gone now.

Fling on!!

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I appear to be playing the against the “professionals” this week – I’m right down bottom of the leader-board. It’s frustrating to say the least. Thank heavens for my
    buddies.

At times like this I don’t look at the League – but concentrate on friends.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I feel like that too, very disheartening.

I joined a closed group on Facebook through Makin Bakin on Angrybirdsnest and now play against selected Friends. I find that much more fun. I have about six I play against at the moment – I post presents to them twice a day and they reciprocate. It makes up for the irritation of League non-Legit players. Some days I get a nice bundle of gift coins for PU’s. It’s fair.

Find Makin Bakin and begin by befriending and reading her/his thread about joining
    the Facebook group.

burbman
    @burbman

Question for those concerned about ABF league play…Do you compete on the leaderboards here in the nest? Rather than worry about trying to be in this league or that league, just try to keep your scores higher than the ABN average each week. These scores are peer vetted and determined to have been achieved through legitimate means. I could understand if there were some big prize for top achievers in the leagues, but there is not. Just play the game for fun and let things end up where they may.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

Burbman speaks truth. And believe me, even though I do cheat now, I was one of the pioneers of guarding the ABF leaderboards, I was the very first member to expose the very cheat that I now use, and I still do not approve of cheaters entering their scores on a site like this. The two different worlds should always remain separated, as best as possible. Unfortunately, I think some people don’t even know that cheating is not tolerated here, and of course, there are those who do know, and don’t care. But trust me, I’m on your side.

Terribletom
    @terribletom

@dollarbill2208 as well as a few others, (Congo, Sheikhoo,) were true pioneers for strategies in the story levels. I struggled with some levels, until I found this site a few years ago, and have stuck with it. Have met some great people, and continue personal contacts with some!! As said above, it’s only a game, play as well as you can, and forget about the leagues!! I’ve been in Diamond League 4 weeks now, and may even get demoted tomorrow!!

To echo the sentiment above, with the introduction of the different slings, and Wingman. Strategies, change, and in most instances, it is just “Slam Hulk”!!!!

What they really need is to introduce some new or different story levels. It’s been almost 2 years since “Pig Tales” was released.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

Yeah, I really do wish they would introduce new levels, even if they just added Danger Above, Big Setup, Mine+Dine, that would be helpful. And the tournament levels… Why not just make a story level segment with some of them, and make them permanent? It’s not like Rovio is struggling with content, that is ridiculous.

bern
    @bernhardwolff

bill@dollarbill: you poor guy, you make me cringe:
    I spent too much time and effort getting good at all of those levels
    lol try harder, I won’t accept your cheating.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Dixi, you wrote: “Find Makin Bakin” Thanks for your post… it does sound like a lot more fun. That said, I tried to find ‘Makin Bakin’ and there were several to choose from. What does the picture look like so I’ve got some idea which one it is? Thanks

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Dixi, Never mind… I think I found the right ‘Makin Bakin’.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@prf1001 here’s a great example of cheaters in this week’s tournament. On Level five I scored 213330 with three blocks left using one bird. one block is 650 points, which means the max score with one bird is 215280.
    in the Rovio league scoring bar there’s nobody above that score. in my friends bar there are many people already with scores higher than that. I will be going on Facebook and leaving a message on their profiles, telling them why I am dropping them from my friends list. I can’t do anything about their cheating but I can make sure I don’t reward them by giving them free gifts every day.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

update. max score in lvl 5 is 225280, using BQ only .

prf1001
    @prf1001

If you Jkhab69 want to play witn some insurance that the cheaters are banned or at least identified and with the surplus advantage of having the possibility of arranging free many PU’s, join the Angry Birds Firends group. It’s a joy to play with real experts, that publish many times videos with their stategies, etc.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Prf1001, Thanks for your post… I’d be excited to join, however, I’m having a hard time finding the one that specifically talking about. If you could provide a link for this group, I’d appreciate it. When I did a search for “Angry Birds Friends Group” a gob and a bunch came up on a list.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

IMO, forget the leagues by Rovio. You have no control over who is in your Rovio-league each week. Instead, we have our own “league” here at the Nest, which is carefully monitoring by moderators and @admins to keep posted scores honest and fair. As you may have seen on the Nest’s ABF leaderboards and posted strategies by fellow Nesters, top scores are intensely scrutinized often requiring screenshot (video preferred) and description of strat, bird by bird.

Regarding ridiculously high scores and cheaters… The Nest is aware. So is Rovio. Many cheaters use a particular plug-in that enables the use of unlimited power-ups for free per level/session. This is not only in violation of the Nest’s rules for fair play, but it is also clearly in violation of Rovio’s international copyright. However, when I spoke to a lawyer at Rovio regarding this matter, I was told that a few thousand may be cheating the system but several hundreds of other thousands are playing fairly, legitimately. The cheaters amount to maybe 1% of players worldwide. It’s simply not worth Rovio’s legal time to pursue litigation on an international scale. Instead, it may be viewed as free advertising for them, despite the controversy and frustration for the rest of us “legit” players.

Here’s an inside tip… why do you suppose Rovio implemented league play recently if not to expose the cheaters unawares? ;)

Continue to play and post on the Nest as usual. Participate in the levels and here in the forum. Looking forward!

–MB :)

didi31510
    @didi31510

FWM on BS can take all pigs on the Right side (L2) this week. But green blocks left. maybe you can perfect it. i’m a noob. Then Black to take the heart and pigs on the L side. I got 165K. If you can get the green blocks on the right it may increase. have a pic of 1st shot, I’ll try to send it to you on ABF.

stosh
    @stosh

The Cheaters rose quickly to the Diamond League and will continue to attain fraudulantly high scores. Legitimate playing Power-Up users will struggle to stay in Diamond and Gold Leagues until the cheaters are caught and expelled only to return under a new name. Non-Power-up players will struggle to stay in the Silver and Bronze Leagues. Casual and new Players will remain in Stone and below leagues. Each player can rise as high as their skill, determination, pocket book and ethics will allow.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is AB Tournament scores true? Absolutely, NO!

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.