Is AB Seasons off the App Store?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Is AB Seasons off the App Store?

• I usually play on Mac, because there aren’t any ads and all the seasons are open, but I decided to go to the iOS store just because. I type “Angry Birds Seasons” and it’s not there. Help

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
  • SumoBro
    @sumobro

All of the old games are gone, at least in the US.  I hope this isn’t what I think it is.

Edit: Something like this has happened before.  Something caused the older ones to disappear for some time a while ago.  Still, they and others like Transformers are gone, so that’s not good.

bill
    @bill-l

AB Friends is still on apple store, but you can almost predict that it will not last much longer. Just look at how rovio are treating the game of late. Repeats, stupid frenzy garbage, not giving out awards(the pop up lies).

AB Classic(original), is gone along with space and the Star Wars versions.

I keep the older ones I play on my iPad, but if they ever need ‘re-installed’ I am SOL!

Rovio seems to be struggling to stay pertinent in a gaming world, and IMO, will be getting worse every week.

also, it appears to me that the number of ads have increased a great deal. Even a few cents per ad times millions of users, you’d think they could stay ahead of things. Guess not.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

This is a bit crazy.

I just wanted to put the info out there that the “purchased” tab is a thing on both the Google Play and App Stores, so once you’ve downloaded a game, you will be able to redownload them.  Of course, if the game required a server, having the app on your device won’t help any bit.

bswins
    @bswins

Confirming @sumobro’s comments, so far, all of my Rovio games are available for download via the Purchased section in the App Store.  In addition, for a couple of devices on which I’ve yet to update all Rovio apps, the updates do show in the Update list.

I’m not sure how long these respective apps will be available, but I wouldn’t count on their availability for long.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

I contacted Rovio support, and wrote this:

“Hi, I was looking through the U.S. App Store, and it seems that the original Angry Birds and several other games have been delisted. Is this going to be permanent, or is it a temporary thing? Thanks.”

Today they responded back with:

“I fully realize how confusing it might be when you are not able to install our games on your devices. Please be kindly informed that those games are undergoing A/B tests at the moment. The test group is chosen at random and there is no way for us to add or remove players from these groups. However, please know that these changes are not permanent – the tests will simply finish. While we understand that these tests may be upsetting, they are necessary to improve our games for the whole Angry Birds community.”

So, if this is to be believed, the games might not be permanently gone.  I don’t know what kind of A/B testing they could be doing, other than to see how much money certain games make.  But still, there’s a sliver of hope.  We don’t want another Stella situation.

@Birdleader
      I’m sure you’ve seen this, but I just wanted to add you to this just so you could stay in the know.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Wow @sumobro, I actually was not aware of this. I sure hope they are not gone for good. *fingers crossed* Thanks for passing along the info for everyone to see.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

I DID manage to get Seasons back…just now by going to the Purchased section of the iPhone.  My daughter can stop mourning the loss of the Fairy Hog Mother and the circus.  She was truly in a funk for the past 48 hours.  I wrote to Rovio but they did not write back.  I finally did a search today on finding a deleted app and found directions to restore.

My 9 year old is now in blissful paradise but I explained to her that I’m not sure we can keep zeroing it out and deleting it. I think one day it will be REALLY gone.

I downloaded Rio and Space…both of which are missing out of the App store and she loves.  But nothing like Seasons.  She’s created entire stories around each level.  I wish Rovio never put this thing out to pasture.  For little girls, it really is enjoyable for them.  They love “stories” more than the boys do. She called all her friends who were experiencing the same funk.  Now they’re all happily off to Seasons story land.

Damn you Rovio.  You suck.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

There are some games on my Purchased list that are greyed out so I would not be able to download them (none of the AB ones were greyed out).  So check that before deleting them.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

You know, I’ve personally seen over a dozen games go down for the count, and I’ve heard of hundreds more.  Disney and EA and probably many other companies have lists of all the games that were abandoned and pulled, many with their servers closed.  Even Rovio’s no stranger to this; just look at the slaughter of late 16-17.  It’s really sad, though, when so many suddenly disappear all at once.  It really makes you wonder about what’s next to come.  Here’s the good thing though: many games, tie-ins or not, get canned before a year is up.  Angry Birds is almost 10 years old now, and the other games are just younger than that.  Millions of people experienced these games and loved them.  Even if they’re gone now, we all can say we have personal experiences and memories with the series.

Oh, and @mikemaz42 , you mentioned greyed out games in your purchased tab.  If I recall correctly, those are all the games that were stuck running in 32 bits when Apple made 64 mandatory.  Luckily, like you said, none of the Angry Birds games were left to this fate.  Still, the ‘promise’ that our games are in the cloud and can be downloaded whenever we want is a thin one at that.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

Just FYI…if you have these games on your phone – don’t delete them.

They’re gone again. Seasons, Rio, Space.  Others too, but those are the ones my daughter loves. Thankfully I didn’t let her delete them before I checked the App store.  I just got her to try some of the games on Seasons she doesn’t play…but her favorites are all 3 starred out.  I wish I knew how to change it to zero like I could on a Mac.

Why can’t they leave well enough alone?

SumoBro
    @sumobro

@mikemaz42  You’re right!  Hopefully Rovio is doing ‘testing’ again and they will pop back up soon.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

I had 2 email conversations with them. This is very different than what they said last time.  I encourage everyone to write to them. It looks like Seasons, Rio etc. are gone for good. Last time they said that they do updates from time to time and the yearly meeting was in progress.  This time it sounds like they are NOT coming back.  THAT IS TERRIBLE NEWS!!!    EVERYONE WRITE TO THEM PLEASE!!! 

1st letter:

Thank you for getting in touch with us and for your interest in our game. My name is Steve and I will try my best to assist you.

I can totally get how being unable to download Angry Birds Seasons can be upsetting. I realize that this kind of circumstances can be disappointing to players and we are always aiming to improve. I want to assure you that it was never our intention to spoil the enjoyment of Angry Birds. Hearing the voice of such a devoted player as your daughter is very important to us. While I cannot promise any particular change on my end, I will make sure to forward your feedback to our development team.

In case of any other inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Steve
    Rovio Support Team

I told them about the last time this happened, it was temporary and I was assured they were coming back.  I asked if that is what is happening now.  This is his response.  It doesn’t sound good!!!

2nd letter:

Hello there,

thank you for getting back to us!

I understand that this whole situation may be confusing. Currently, I cannot provide you with more specific information about the future plans for the titles removed from the store. Thank you for your understanding.

In case of any other inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

I can’t believe they sent me an email today suggesting my daughter try the bubble games…No word on Seasons and Rio and all those games that really SPARK her imagination.   SHE HATES THOSE GAMES and why should girls be relegated to bubble games.  Rovio has lost its damn mind.  I’m going to have to break out the old Mac so I can bring the Seasons back to zero….but there are so many seasons that are not on the Mac.  I hate this.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

I’m afraid to delete it and go to Purchases and re-download it. It’s there but I’m afraid that I’ll go to download it and won’t be able to and will have lost it forever.  I hate Rovio.

Anonymous

This isn’t the end of the world. We don’t need the play store to do everything.

APKMirror has them available and is run by Android Police, one of the largest and most trusted android content sites out there, so you can be sure that it’s completely legal and there’s no malware.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=app&page=2&s=angry+birds

Angry Birds will never truly be gone. With as popular as these apps are, there will always be ways to obtain them.

Still curious about a couple of the games themselves though. Bad Piggies doesn’t let me to save cloud data to Facebook anymore. Epic still can but friends no longer load, events are still running shockingly. Seasons did end Pig Challenge but cloud saves still work fine. Most of all, Rovio Account still works great if you have it. If Rovio really is removing these games for good, how long until they lose all the internet and ad services and become purely offline? Especially since it would cause Epic and Go! to cease to function entirely.

PowerRedLegend
    @powerredlegend

I’m sad to know that Rovio has discontinued the online events of these games. Did “Bad Piggies” really lose its Facebook connection? If it’s true, I can say goodbye to my progress.
    Actually I play an “before 2.0 version” of Angry Birds Go, and it works fine offline, but it hasn’t an functional multiplayer. I can play the “Weekly Tournament” but I can’t obtain any reward. Actually, I play a version earlier than version 2.0 of Angry Birds Go, and it works well without a connection, but it does not have a functional multiplayer. I can play the “Weekly Tournament” but I can not get any reward.

I hope Rovio does not remove all these incredible games of Play Store soon.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

I don’t have an Android but if I can get Angry Birds Seasons, to turn everything to zero again, for my daughter, then I will switch.  She is crushed.   The wait has never been this long before. I think it is gone for good.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

Another update on how things have changed and it doesn’t look like Seasons/Rio/Space are coming back.

I always had my daughter play the games with the phone on Airplane mode so that she avoided the ads (I didn’t want her downloading anything).  But you don’t get powerups on Airplane mode so I would let her, now and again, to play with the internet on and she could get powerups on every level.

She’s playing Seasons though very sad about most of the levels she’s finished and all of the Pig Days (she LOVED the Pig Days).  She asked today if she could run with ads to get some powerups.

Ads still run, powerups no.  Just FYI.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

A friend of mine received a message that they are running “live tests” on some of the classic games (Seasons, Rio, Space) and that they will be back when they are finished.  I didn’t receive anything like that and it seemed as if my correspondence took a much more ominous turn.  Could it be that Rovio support has no clue?

Anonymous

I have ab seasons 4.0.2

CanimalGuy2018
    @canimalfan2018

They should be back this month

Hatchlingsarecool23
    @hatchlingsarecool23

The Pig Challenge IS back what they probably meant was that the pig challenge was undergoing maintenance and they didn’t mean it was going away. Luckily I can play that again!

bswins
    @bswins

Bad Piggies updates showed up in the iOS App Store yesterday.  No sign of Seasons or other classic games, but I hope this is a good omen.  Only time will tell.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Is AB Seasons off the App Store?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.