iOS V 1.6.15 Constant Boot Crash (3 days AFTER update)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum iOS V 1.6.15 Constant Boot Crash (3 days AFTER update)

• Updated 2 days ago & app was playing perfectly, aside from an occasional app crash here & there due to graphical overload on doobers (special effects).

Something changed in the game data files TODAY, as every time I have tried to play today, the app crashes 14 seconds afer the “Welcome Back” message from Game Center, when the app is attempting to connect & sync with FaceBook (loading friends for buddies, loading friends to the Leaderboard, etc.)

Several other iOS users are reporting same. I have done manual device back-up in iTunes, removed the app, then re-installed the app, was able to play the tutorial to get my previous Characters, levels, coins, gems, materials, events, etc. back, but as soon as the second the app attempts to sync Facebook friends into the app, it crashes constantly & every single time. Totally unplayable at this time.

Rovio Support Ticket Submitted

iOS v 8.2
    iPad 2
    App v 1.6.15
    USA

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Work Around – Turn WiFi OFF on device, then you can play… When done playing, minimize app, then turn WiFi back ON, then maximize app again & progress is saved to Game Center or FB, so nothing is lost.

No video doublers (for piggies or coins) or thanking of friends, but you can play without constant crashing ;-)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“No video doublers (for piggies or coins) or thanking of friends, but you can play without constant crashing ;-)”

Rovio doesn’t deserve your revenue anyway, so no big deal.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Did not work for me. Hope for new replay later tonight (1 am my time zone = 11 Finland)

Joonas Today at 01:55
    Hello there,

and thank you for contacting us!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the game! However, this Facebook-related problem should be easily fixed. Please go to your Facebook profile and change your password, restart the game and try to log in again. This should do it! If you’re still encountering issues after trying these steps, please get back to us and we will investigate it!

Best regards,

Joonas
    Rovio Support Team

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

@dawni-criswell did changing your password do anything????

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

No, it didn’t help at all @dawnlucas :-(

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

Blame it on the server sounds like a excuse to me. Joonas has quite a few “”good lines””
    I have noticed one thing with all the problems accuring, you can still order gems. Naughty Naughty Rovio

eugene
    @eugene-alex

The work around doesn’t work for me either, must be connected to play. That sucks, especially since I haven’t been able to play for days.

Dragynox
    @dragynox

It has been two weeks since I’ve been able to launch the game.

nikki567
    @nikki567

Same here, @Dragynox. Very disappointing!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum iOS V 1.6.15 Constant Boot Crash (3 days AFTER update)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.