IOS 11

• Has anyone out there tried the game after updating to iOS 11? I am afraid to try, especially in the middle of an event. Does the game work properly in iOS 11?

IMG_0983.JPG

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@joel687 don’t do it! It’s the major update that also change and the file system of your machine / phone or ipad. I suggest you to finish the event and then make a backup and do the update!

Joel
    @joel687

I totally agree. I will put off the iOS 11 update for as long as it takes if the game is unstable.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

iOS 11 is good for iPad as i see it. And it’s given to say the best option is the complete restore after the complete of the event. And then do the update. Not even if files change and the file system the FAT that it is, it will be stable there is no question about it. But after those major updates do not expect that everything will work good after. Many times i see some apps can’t be lunched and need to delete and re-download them. For now as i see don’t take this risk! It can wait!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I just hope that Rovio doesn’t eventually release an ABT version that required iOS 10 or higher.

My iPad Mini won’t update beyond iOS 9.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I updated to ios 11 the first day.  I’ve had no problems on my iphone 6.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@optimuspig I am also running at my old 6 Plus 8.4.1 the game. Better say nothing beyond beyond iOS 8.

iOS 11 it looks goon on ipad Pro 12.5″ I am not gonna update 6 Plus.

Asen_77
    @asen

I have updated my iPad mini 2 on the first day that iOS 11 has been released. This was last Tuesday and there is no issue with the game or anything else. iOS 11 is very good update and I could say that even on my very old iPad mini is working great. I don’t see any problems with this or other Rovio games.

One very positive thing of the new file system of iOS 11 is that saving a lot space on the devices with smaller GB. For example, on my 16GB iPad after update I have around 1.5 GB new free space. Before that I was always with low free space.

ph
    @ph

To see what apps might not work with IOS 11 go to Settings, General, About, Applications . This should give you a list of applications that could have issues.

Asen_77
    @asen

This is for apps that are not updated to new file system, or apps that are 32 bit. They will not work on the new file system till they are updated to 64 bit.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

I use Android 5.0.1/6.0.1 and I’m waiting for a newer version

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

@optimuspig same here, running ABT on my 1st gen iPad Mini. Not possible to go beyond iOS 9.3.X.

BTW… as of the last 3 soft updates the game has been stuttering on it, at some point it runs like a powerpoint presentation (maybe 13 to 18 FPS), after a while it returns to “normal” but age is beginning to show on this iDevice.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@luis-carlo-arocha

My iPad Mini still seems to be running OK (knock on wood) but my main concern now is battery life.  It’s really not what it used to be.

Of course, playing in the special events doesn’t help.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.