I officially don’t like the arena events.

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum I officially don’t like the arena events.

• Before I talk about the arena, let me talk about the slot. So far, I got two A items, weaker than my current items, so it’s already a bust.
    My problem with the arena is that if I get the bronze Plate, I’ll just sell it because it’s WEAKER than Fuji Labarum. I want to get at least the silver, but it looks like the arena won’t let me. Why? because I have to go to school for 6 hours, where my leaderboard position goes DOWN and I eventually have to go to bed and when I wake up, I’M EVEN LOWER! The worst part is that I can’t get back up! Seriously it’s virtually impossible for me to get higher than a bronze! I really hope they make the silver one easier to get for the next 3 arena events!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • justpast40
    @justpast40

I agree. I don’t like it either, but for different reasons.

I never stood a chance in the Arena Event & FWIW, here’s why. In the US, we started 5 weeks after those included in the initial release area. On iPhone, Red is my weakest bird when looking at items/weapons,
    accessories, 2 A items & an S. I’m losing battle after battle after battle because I’m paired against players who’ve had an additional 5 weeks to improve their items. On iPad, Red is a little stronger, 2 Ss and an A. I’ve enhanced everything to 3* on both devices, but when playing against players with 1 or more SS items, even if about the same level, I not only don’t stand a chance, but never could stand a chance. I’m losing so often that I’m getting 4 of those “boosts” frovm the Pig on the sideline.

Obviously this is my 1st Arena Event, so I started playing to see what it was all about. I’m not even going to come close to a Bronze award; my Rank has never been under the high 40k & I play a lot as I’m semi-retired. Now, the only reason I’m playing is for the Gems. I hit 200 points today on each device, so I’ve received 2 Gems on each, but at 5 points per losing battle I don’t think I’ll have another 20 tickets to hit the 300 point mark for a 3rd Gem before this ends.

I’m so glad this only lasts 3 days. At least with the Monster Event I’m in the SS item ranking & I can live with that.

I also agree with you on the Slot. I think by my calculation the S & SS are 55.56% of the Red total. Like you, I not only got an A, I got EXACTLY the same item, the Bow Tie, on iPad when the Event first started, after that, I didn’t even try on my iPhone. Some players are getting SS items, because I’m being paired against them, but overall, I’m terribly disappointed in how the Slot works & I don’t just mean this Arena Event. Despite the Slot SS & S percentage(s), including this Arena Event I’ve received a far greater number of lesser or duplicate items than I have an item to improve my position.

In this Arena Event I’ve been paired against several players with both the Crown & Ruby Stick. I just don’t understand how some players are getting 2 SS when I can’t get 1. Are they spending hundreds of dollars?

tantan
    @tantan

The thing that I don’t like about the Arena is that you need great equipment to get the same great equipment. You can get an A if your bird has all As or higher and you can get a S if your bird has Ss or higher. But what’s the point of it?

Maybe the situation is different for new players who have B or C items and are paired to other new and weak player. They can be glad to win an A item but I don’t think this event was destined for very new players only.

BTW, my lvl 21 Red was paired with a lvl 16 bird, and then it turned lvl 22 and was paired with a lvl 27 bird. Sure I won the first game and lost the second one. Both times I had a bad feeling that the result didn’t depend on me at all.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I feel I should get better rewards for facing higher-level, stronger opponents, because I usually get people who are several levels higher than me and have intimidating items that clearly make them more powerful. And they can get 600+ shield while I get 500 if I’m lucky…with the fact that they break my shield before the cutscene and deal 100+ damage near the end. It looks like people who are successful with this game either have lots of time on their hands, can afford to spend mountains of money, or cheat in one way or another. The game is good, but it’s two-faced and not balanced probably.

Yi J. Chen
    @yi-j-chen

The game calls you to spend money….. End of story

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@yi-j-chen
    Rovio wants to scam you!

akiyama
    @akiyama

I didn’t enjoy this arena event at all. I spent 10 gems, got 2 cactus stuffs consecutively, which are ugly and worse than my actual equipments. With only the S anchor, I was blown away by the others. Got 2 gems in return.

Pastakirby7
    @pastakirby7

The event itself is fun, but the ranking prize reward system is awful. The bronze plate was weaker than the fuji labarum and the leaderboard position you need to get silver and gold is too high! The coins and gems were the best part in my opinion.

They’re fun, but the ranking reward system is too high!

Brandon Hart
    @brandon-hart

Truly those who have just started the game have an advantage here.. they can use gems, make red good, and play low quality opponents.

I think one of the real problems is that the game gives you experience whether you want it or not. Take my Stella for instance. I’ve never played her and she’s level 23. What can I do with that? I’ve never received a single item for her – how am I going to beat a comparable level 23?

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum I officially don’t like the arena events.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.