I give up

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum I give up

• I’ve just revisited AB2 after the most recent update. I’m not pleased to discover that my hard won scores are now meaningless. I’m so pleased that I wasted time entering them on the leaderboards… I find the game very repetitive and it’s endless nature is wearying. I don’t like the constant changes.
    I’ve enjoyed making new friends in ABN via the game but I am now going to step away from AB2.
    Thanks for all the gifts, they were much appreciated.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@triggerfish — Try playing some of the other AB games, like ABO, ABS, etc.
    I agree that this recent update seems ill-advised.

penguinpaw
    @penguinpaw

ive spent the better part of the last 2 weeks making ab star wars II my bottom b-c- but its all lost and there no word from rovio in 3 days all my achievements are in the game center and most i got down here as well but i guess i am starting over ….oh wait i cant cause every time i open it back up its all wiped away again its not fair i was always signed in to rovio and some of those stars took days even with walkthroughs and videos any one else have this issue and maybe got supports attention and a possible way to fix??????

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@mvnla2. Hi, I do play some of the other AB games. I’m enjoying the Seasons winter update at the moment, a pleasant change from the awful sports updates which have plagued ABS recently.
    I deleted the AB2 app from my iPad yesterday.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

I think I’m also done with this game. I’m a “completionist” and with the last update I feel that all my hard work was in vain. All the levels still have 3 stars, but now I can easily do a MUCH higher score in every single level… and I’m not doing it. I got all the achievements and saw all those generic structures a million times… so, for me, the game has nothing left to give except more repetition and frustration.

Having said that, I’m very pleased to return to Angry Birds Seasons. Its been a long time since the last time I played it and I’m having a lot of fun. In the meantime the game has also been corrupted with tons of adds an new money grabbing systems, but that can be avoided by turning off the internet connection. Oh, and we have UNLIMITED LIVES! And Bubbles! :D

I really enjoyed AB2 and had a lot of fun with it, but I’m sick of games that never get finished and turn the gamers into eternal beta testers. Adding new content is great, changing rules halfway through the game isn’t. :P

penguinpaw
    @penguinpaw

5 days and no sign of support at rovio whats the deal over there?

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@triggerfish

I’ll just put in a plug for Angry Birds Space. That game is fun. They released a MASSIVE upgrade with the Brass Hogs update earlier in the year, and the daily missions made me able to amass about 1500 Space Eagles over the months. So, I finally got feathers in all levels, too.

What I like most about Space are the boss levels. They are pretty clever, like with gates and stuff, but end up being not so hard so as to be tablet-breaking.

And there’s just a TON of content. Space hasn’t gotten much love other than the Brass Hogs update, but what is there is a pretty sweet gem of a game.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@sutehh137, I’ve not played AB Space for a long time. I have it on my phone and it’s getting hard to see these games properly on an old iPhone! I’ll check it out though, thanks for suggestion.

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@penguinpaw, I think you’ve wandered into the wrong topic/discussion!

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@orangebubbles, I’ve just finished the Seasons winter update, it was good fun. I deleted AB2 and I don’t miss it at all.
    More fun games, please Rovio!

penguinpaw
    @penguinpaw

whys that ??
    there is no ab star wars 2 forum and this is the closest subject matter i found that was around the same issues i am dealing with i don’t know why you want to point out a small technical difference to me but hey its good to point out others differences instead of giving attention to to the subject matter with some words of experience or empathy i lost every score and its been 10 days and no word back from rovio support , .. but thanks for reminding me with your mention . cool beans cool beans

Triggerfish

@triggerfish

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@penguinpaw — Sorry you lost everything. There is a Sections/Guides article on making your own backups. OK, a little late, but better than never.
    There might be an AB SWII thread in the Bugs, Glitches and Issues Forum, but it’s probably a few pages back, since AB SWII hasn’t been updated for a while.
    You didn’t say what platform, operating system version of AB SW II you are playing. Was there anything in particular that happened before you lost all?
    The only other thing I can tell you is that it is the Christmas Holiday, and I bet most of Rovio gets 2 weeks off. I suggest you update your support request; might kick it to the top of the queue.

penguinpaw
    @penguinpaw

yeah better late then never i guess iwill look into my own backups good tip
    i am on ipod touch gen 5 th on ios 9.2 and it happened after absw2 updated for the first time in over a year
    weird thing is in my game center i still have all the achievements and scores from the lost game
    alas i just started over because i like to play too much plus i know now to just collect my coins
    but some of those 3 stars were hard the first time around are still problems
    i didn’t think that rovio taking a holiday good point but i am not hold my breath

thank you for the the post i was worried my own additions to the angry birds collective anywhere were for naught and ridicule much love
    have a safe and awesome new year

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I moved to AB Seasons and the birdwear is fun to put on.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum I give up

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.