How your character's level affects set items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How your character's level affects set items

• I only have 2 set items. Maybe others will post about their set items so we can see how much level affects the item.

Titan’s Wrath – hammer for Red. Got it somewhere between level 6-8. I actually used it till my characters were level 21 because I didn’t get any blue prints that I liked more. This weapon has an 8% chance to stun so if you use the samurai you get 3 chances to stun and if you use Chuck’s Speed of Light rage skill you get 6 more chanes to stun. Stunning is extremely helpful when fighting boss pigs that charge.

Lightning Tome – Chuck’s shield. Got it at level 20. It improves health by 23%. I have a level 25 Shiny Orb from the pig machine that only improves health by 15%, but I get 1 health point more than the level 20 Lightning Tome.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Set items are always better than non-set items of the same level. In fact, they are usually a few levels ahead.

For a complete list of all set items and their abilities, see our guide: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-epic-set-items-guide/

KillerKea
    @killerkea

My Lightning Tome is different from the set item on that page because it improves maximum health by 23% instead of increasing damage by 8%. Which set items can vary from the description on the guide?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

I believe that was changed. I’ll check with Rovio.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I upgraded to the v1.0.11 update last night. This morning on my very first free pig roll since the update I got Titan’s Wrath again! It’s base damage is 154 vs 67 for my previous version of Titan’s Wrath. My level 25 Paladin will do 403 vs 230 damage when equipped with the better version.

Can someone tell me the formula the game uses to calculate damage because 154 is about 2.3 times larger than 67 so the damage should have increased from 230 to 528 not 403?

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

I have 9 complete set items. It’s annoying because I keep getting the same ones day after day. All of my set items are better so far except Paper.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I wasn’t annoyed when I got Titan’s Wrath again. I was really happy. It is annoying that you have 9 out of the 15 sets. Sets are supposed to be very rare. I guess you’ve never played a game like Diablo where completing a set is very hard to do. Games aren’t as much fun nor will you respect them when you have a Monty Hall DM. Killer DMs aren’t much fun either. I guess it is hard for Rovio to find the right balance. Right now I think the level 25 cap makes the game too hard at the final levels of the Chronicle Caves unless you were allowed to use all 3 of your birds instead of only 2, but the fact that it is so easy to acquire sets feels a little too Monty Haul for me.

Danke_
    @danke

@killerkea check the complete headgear list, the game has the following formula to calculate damage: base damage (by weapon)*Off hand item bonus (105% or 100%)*Set Bonus*Class Bonus (100%, 120%, 140% or 160%)*Damage increasing bonuses (cheer, whip up, battle boosters)*Class damage (i.e Paladin: 135%)
    From here you’ll easely calculate your damage. Cheers! ~ Danke

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

@KillerKea – I disagree that games aren’t fun if they are easy. I think I’ve gotten some set items like 6 or 7 times. I used to scrap them, but now I’m just keeping them in case maybe one day we can trade items. I know… wishful thinking. I was mistaken earlier when I posted. My cloned account had 9 set items. My main had 10 and I just picked up my 11th earlier. It won’t mean much once we can start gaining higher levels than 25.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@danke
    Thanks, but I went to that page and couldn’t find the formula. The formula you mention is close to being correct, but it can’t be right since I remember the damage I did increased for every level I gained and I don’t see anything that accounts for the level gain in your formula. However I sort of I figured out how everything works, but I can’t confirm it since I don’t remember how much damage my birds did when they were less than level 25.

For Red the attack number is something like (base attack which = 2 per character level – 1 + weapon damage) * (off hand weapon bonus which is either 1 or 1.05) * (class which is 1, 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6 depending on how much training you’ve received from the Mighty Eagle)

Once you have the attack number then you can apply the class (headset) to figure out the total damage. For example, for the Paladin I’d take the attack number and multiply it by 1.35 and for the samurai I’d multiply by 0.50, but the samurai gets 3 attacks so he does more damage. I’m guessing this is where the set bonus would be applied too, but I can’t figure out the set bonus since I don’t have any sets.

For level 25 birds you can figure the base attack by the following:
    Red = 49 + weapon damage
    Chuck = 70 + weapon damage
    Matilda = 49 + weapon damage
    Bomb = 77 + weapon damage
    Blues = 77 + weapon damage

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@killerkea – Actually, it’s much easier to complete sets in a game like Diablo because you can trade items with other players. I wish they’d put a trading system into Epic. I’ve got half of several sets which I don’t expect I’ll complete for a very long time…

fabs
    @fabsroman

@killerkea – I am at level 19 and have yet to receive a set item or fill up the rainbow bar. Not only that, but I am at the Chronicle Cave level. Figured a set item was a mythical beast. Then, both my wife and my daughter get one and they are level 5 and level 9 respectively. Granted, none of us have actually spent lucky coins on golden pig rolls. Still doesn’t seem as though set items drop all that frequently.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

They don’t seem to drop very often from the pig machine. I must have been a little lucky to get 4 set items before my rainbow filled. It takes a total of 50 free or 3 LC spins to fill the rainbow. A 20 LC spin fills the rainbow 10 times faster than a normal spin. Once it is filled you are guaranteed a set item so you can buy set items, but shouldn’t until you’ve reached the level cap.

People using Facebook can get twice as many spins as me since you can spin on a friend’s machine as well as your own. I’m averaging 1 free spin/day, but I reached 50 because I bought 13 spins. I suspect some people either found a bug where they can get more than the free 1 spin/day cap from either friends, their pig machine or watching a video since there are a lot of people here with dozens of set items or they must have been given thousands of lucky coins by Rovio. I find it surprising that several people keep complaining that they keep getting the same set items. When you have 25 of the possible 30 set items odds are you will get a duplicate 5/6th of the time. Maybe some of these people are the ones outside of the US that got the game 3 months ahead of us. Back then there was no level 25 cap and you could repeat certain levels to gain 3 LC from a chest an unlimited number of times.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

I started getting duplicates when I only had 4 individual set items (no complete sets). It was very frustrating.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How your character's level affects set items

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.