How to Unlock Rewards Levels in AB SW II

Home Forums General Discussions Forum How to Unlock Rewards Levels in AB SW II

• I thought it would be useful to have an updated list of how to open Rewards Levels, using the best level currently available in AB SW II, version 1.4.1. The updated list is based on the suggestions in the Complete Angry Birds SW II Characters Guide, which explains each character’s power, and contains strategies and suggestions for each character. Watching the respective Rewards level walkthrough also helps.

Other levels, which did not give as many points, had to be used if you were trying to open Rewards levels while playing earlier versions.

A special thanks to @Cal010, who wrote the first comprehensive guide and update. Suggestions were also made by @JustPast40, @ibird, Katherine, @DH-Kim, @SnTrooper, Tomdaylight, Dr_Veseluj, and @E-Star. If I missed anyone, please accept my apologies.

I think this list is current as of version 1.4.1. Pease let me know if there are any mistakes, or if there is a better level to use to unlock the rewards level.

• It would be nice to include the number of characters given for free, but I don’t have all of these numbers.

The characters are listed in their order of appearance in the rewards chapters.

• Please be sure to practice the shot before using a character swap. It’s easy to miss some of these shots.

Key to symbols after character name:

• Nothing – This character is available in the game, so just replay those levels until the reward level is unlocked
    • ? – They might be available in normal game-play, but aren’t yet, so you will need a character swap to unlock the reward level; some may be obtained for free when completing various parts of the game or through carbonite melts
    • T – Will probably always need a character swap

Bird Side

• In general the Chewbacca reward level is excellent for unlocking bird side characters. A good first shot can get 130K to 140K (suggested by Tomdaylight).
    • If you need a non-rewards chapter, B1-10 gives ~60K for first bird (suggested by Katherine). “If you take out the triangular block before the cart, you get about 60,000 points. It’s a one birder if you hit it right.”

Qui-Gon Jinn
    130,000 points
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    250,000 points; 3 free after Use the Force 2 = 75,000 pts in B2
    Yoda
    350,000 points
    Jar Jar Binks
    250,000 points
    Anakin Episode I (Podracer)
    200,000 points; 3 free after Use the Force = 50,000 pts in B1
    Captain Panaka
    350,000 points; 3 free after Use the Force = 50,000 pts in B1
    Padme
    200,000 points; 3 free after Use the Force = 50,000 pts in B1
    Anakin Episode II (Padawan) ?
    120,000 points; ; 3 free after Use the Force 2 = 75,000 pts in B2
    Chewbacca reward level
    Jedi Youngling ?
    150,000; 3 free after Use the Force 2 = 75,000 pts in B2; no room for error unless you use
    Chewbacca reward level
    Mace Windu ?
    200,000 points; 3 free after Use the Force = 50,000 pts in B1; 3 free after Use the Force 2 = 75,000 pts in B2
    Chewbacca reward level
    Chewbacca ?
    100,000 points; 3 Chewbaccas given in game
    B1-10 will give you ~60K points for 1st bird, so should be able to unlock rewards chapter
    R2-D2
    200,000 points
    C-3PO
    200,000 points
    Leia T
    100,000 points
    Pilot Luke T
    100,000 points
    Endor Luke (Endor) T
    100,000 points
    Chewbacca reward level
    Jedi Luke T
    200,000 points
    Chewbacca reward level
    Han Solo T
    100,000 points
    Chewbacca reward level
    Silver C-3PO ?
    200,000 points
    Chewbacca reward level
    Kit Fisto T
    200,000 points; 3 free after Defeat Your Fear = 150,000 pts in B1
    Chewbacca reward level or B3-S3
    Carbonite Han Solo T
    Chewbacca reward level
    Lando T
    Chewbacca reward level
    Wicket T
    Chewbacca reward level or B3-S3

Pork Side

• P2-17 is a good level for many pork side characters, with the exception of Hologram Darth Sidious. There are some @E-Star videos on the character’s walkthrough page demonstrating how to get a high score (~130K) on P2-17 (mostly for the last few characters).

Darth Sidious
    600,000 points
    Jango Fett
    300,000 points
    Battle Droid
    220,000 points; 3 free after Give in to Porkness = 75,000 pts in P1
    Darth Maul
    300,000 points
    Count Dooku
    300,000 points; 3 free after Give in to Porkness = 75,000 pts in P1
    Droideka
    Zam Wesell
    100,000 points; 3 free after Give in to Porkness = 75,000 pts in P1; should be enough, but no room for error, unless you use P2-17
    General Grievous
    300,000 points; 10 General Grievous available for Greedy Pig 3 – Finding all the collectable items
    P2-17
    Anakin Episode III Sith Apprentice ?
    200,000 points; free characters unlocked with 20 stars for Pork Rewards
    P2-17
    Darth Vader ?
    500,000 points
    P2-17
    Boba Fett ?
    100,000 points
    P2-17
    Biker Scout ?
    100,000 points
    P2-17
    TIE Fighter Pilot ?
    100,000 points
    P2-17
    Stormtrooper ?
    100,000 points
    P2-17
    Red Battle Droid ?
    100,000 points
    P2-17
    Hologram Darth Sidious T
    600,000 points
    Use PR -11 with Hologram Darth Sidious. Follow @wrw01‘s strat. A good shot can easily get quite a bit more than 100K, but you will probably need 5 or more Hologram Darths.
    Shadowtrooper ?
    300,000 points
    P2-17
    Shocktrooper T
    300,000 points; 3 free after Pain Leads to Suffering = 150,000 points in P1
    P2-17
    Jabba T
    P2-17
    Royal Guard T
    P2-17
    Tusken Raider T
    P2-17

Notes
    • Number of points required taken from the SW II Achievements Page
    • Number of free characters from @JustPast40

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • Cal010
    @cal010

Hey @mvnla2! I was going to update my guide, but it turns out, most of it is now irrelevant. The primary focus was based on which characters you earned through gameplay, but now that there are daily rewards, it doesn’t really matter! If you need more characters, just come back every 8 hours. Patience is key.

Here’s my level advice, that has worked on every daily reward I’ve gotten. It has never failed:

Chewy’s reward level BR-11: Fire your shot into the small wooden connector holding the two towers in the top left. The shot guide is long enough to hit it, so there’s no reason to miss. This works great because you don’t even need to use a power (I know, it’s hard to resist, but sometimes it actually makes it worse).

I suggest spending 10 coins so you can use pork side characters in this level as well. Or, go for the 399 + Vader like I did (great use of coins, but that’s another topic).

This will earn 95-105k every time, usually above 100k. Second shot with Chewy to hit the right side is easy. And you have 2 more if you miss somehow.

The only character that I have never received is Hologram Sidious. He needs 600k, so it’s definitely worth looking into other strategies for him. He can do some crazy things that nobody else can. I know they were on sale recently, if anyone bought a bunch, let us know if you find any levels reliably worth over 100k.

Edit: I just looked at P2-17… I don’t recommend using swaps there. Certainly less reliable than BR-11.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@cal010 — Thanks for the input. P2-17 is the best on the pork side if you don’t want to spend coins for traitors. I chose to use coins to buy characters rather than traitors. My luck getting characters I needed from the melts was generally lousy.
    Unfortunately, I spent 299? coins on a permanent traitor to play birds on pork levels. Even before BR-11 was known to be the best, I wished I had made the opposite choice.
    See above on level and strat for Hologram Darth Sidious. I did buy 10 HDS on sale, and it did take 7 to open his level, but I think a better flinger could do it with 5. I also got 5 HDS (all at once!) from the melt after I had opened his level.

justpast40
    @justpast40

Thank you, thank you, thanks to all of you

@mvnla2

Is this what you’re looking for regarding free Characters earned with gameplay? I realize it’s incomplete & know I missed some as I have 16 Mace & the difference wasn’t earned with melts along with noticing after B2-3 that I had 4 extra Padme not from melts.

I didn’t make notes while playing on Andoid phone, but recently started on iPad & made these notes about Characters earned. I’ve completed both sides of Naboo Invasion & just completed the Bird Side of Escape to Tatooine, but have yet to 3* B-20 for which I expect coins & no Characters. I am hoping others who are younger with faster reflexes can help if this is what you were looking for with respect to free characters. I’ll continue to note, even if just for me, those earned as I finish.

B1-2 = after completion led to > USE THE FORCE > earned 12 Characters, 3 each of:

~ Anakin Episode I
    ~ Captain Padme
    ~ Padme
    ~ Mace Windu

B1-4 = after completion led to > DEFEAT YOUR FEAR > earned 12 Characters, 3 each of:

~ Lando
    ~ Wicket
    ~ Kit Fisto
    ~ Carbionite Han Solo

P1-1 = after/during this level led to > GIVEN TO THE PORKNESS > earned 12 Characters, 3 each of

~ Battle Droid
    ~ Sam Wesell
    ~ Droideka
    ~ Count Dooku

P1-3 = led to > PORK SUFFERING REWARD BOX > earned 12 Characters, 3 each of:

~ Shocktrooper
    ~ Jabba
    ~ Royal Guard
    ~ Tusken Raider

B2-3 = after completion noticed I’d earned at least 12 Characters, 3 each of:

~ Obi wan
    ~ Anakin Episode II
    ~ Jedi Youngling
    ~ Mace Windu

…it was here I noticed extra Padme

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Wow! @justpast40 — Yes that is exactly what I’m looking for. There are a few mentions in the Characters’ Guide forum, but I couldn’t find a complete list. Thanks!

justpast40
    @justpast40

You are most welcome @mvnla2, I’ve finally contributed something useful ; -) & now that I just 3* B2-20 on iPad, with a better score than on my phone, I’m off to the Pork side. I’ll update as more are earned

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Justpast40 — Added number of free characters to main post. Send more when you get them.
    A few questions
    * I assume Captain Padme is Captain Panaka

@AMSlimfordy
    — Do you or any other admins have a list of free characters? Do you know why there was an extra Padme as JustPast40 mentioned above?

AngryBirdsSpaceMaster
    @spacemaster

You may want to change Kit Fisto’s ‘T’ symbol to a ‘?’ symbol. He appears in multiple battle scenes in the original trilogy, including the Battle of Geonosis and Darth Sidious’ arrest.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@spacemaster — The “T” and “?” were copied from the ABN guide. I don’t know how they decided.

AngryBirdsSpaceMaster
    @spacemaster

@mvlna2 Ok. I’ll leave that to the admins to decide then.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@mvnla2, sorry for the delay in responding, I guess I’m missing Notifications … Yes, Capt. Padme was a typo, Panaka was correct … darn word recognition on iPad notes ; -)

f91jsw
    @f91jsw

About Hologram Darth Sidious: I had to use 14 to open the reward level, so I had to buy 10+10 (which was OK since I had a lot of free coins). First it took one or two to actually learn how he works, and I probably blew 4 attempts when I wasn’t able to finish the level. I think neither PR-11 (Boba Fett reward level) nor BR-11 (Chewbacca reward level) are really ideal for HDW, but I don’t know any better.

On Chewbacca reward level it’s easy to blow up the leftmost TNT by just zapping it as you fly past. But the problem is that one of the pigs in a bubble will float up off screen but not die, so you have no way of finishing the level. There may be some better way to do it but I ran out of HDS’s.

On Boba Fett reward level I never seemed to find the sweet spot to reliably blow up both the upper and the lower structures. If you only blow up the upper structure you usually get 50-60k, which may not be enough to reach 600k with 10 swaps.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla and others – sorry, I do not understand. Probably some terminology I’m not familiar with.

My understanding has been there
    – “normal” characters which you are given to play levels
    – “artificial” characters that were added and that are artificial, i.e. never given to you to use within a level to play.

And the general consensus, put simplisticly:
    – Go through the levels
    = Three starring levels
    = Reaping achievements and the adulation of the crowds
    = Repeating levels in for each character until you have racked up enough points to earn a permanent character
    = Noting those levels (and learning of levels here at ABN), in which you can bring in an artificial character and earn enough points for that character’s reward level
    – Spend money only when you *have to* (@daboid does this nicely) and only to buy artificial characters (hologram sidious, tusken raider, etc.) preferably on sale!

I think that the strategies are consistent. Probably I use different ways to describe it. But is there something that I am missing?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Sorry for the late reply, but you need to include the 2 at the end of my name: MVnLA2. It’s there for historical reasons. See my profile for explanation.
    When you go through the levels you don’t need to 3* them, but it certainly helps rack up points for the characters that are available.
    You don’t get a “permanent” character by racking up points, you just open the respective reward level.
    Why do you think you are missing anything?
    Hope this helps.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Thanks, and sorry about the mvnla missing a 2 again (I just remember M.V. in L.A. and forget it is part 2).

Yep, got “permanent” wrong, just a mistake. That is one term that it would help me to know or invent, whatever you call a character that has succeeded in getting into the reward levels. They feel complete, at least temporarily.

Maybe I could ask one question a different way. Why do you want to know the characters people get when they win certain achievements? Does that fit into the strategy?

I am going back through the game (it takes much less time second time through) partly because if I don’t do that I won’t feel prepared for any more “coming soon,” ran out of money and opportunities to make money. I’m also curious about aspects of how they created the game. At any rate, I am noting everything that happens, including things like how many characters you get for achievements and at each melt. If any of that would be helpful let me know.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

I identified one of my terminology questions. What do you mean by “some may be obtained for free when completing various parts of the game”? Melts? An example might help, I can’t think of any other instance in which this happens.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I thought it would be useful for people to know how many of each character they get for free, so they would know how many they need to buy and/or how careful they need to be in accumulating points to unlock the reward level.
    “Some may be obtained for free when completing various levels of the game” really refers to the same thing, not the melts. Guess I should add a comment about melts. Will do now. Thanks

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Added comment on carbonite melts. Not to mention noticed that I didn’t @mention you at all, misspelled or not.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 2!

I thought you might like to hear that something that you said here has changed my game. I have always been 3-star gamer. It has been a way that I can challenge myself without being competitive. Yet here I hear you say,”When you go through the levels you don’t need to 3* them.” What? Blasphemy! I’m going back through SW2 from the beginning. I made it through all but the latest release once already, 3-starring my way through that time This time my goals are different, and, based on what you said, I decided to get through with as few stars as possible. My goal on each level is simple: take a picture of all the coins, reap all the coins, win as quickly as possible, and move on.

1-starring levels! What a concept! The surprising feeling of doom when you accidentally 3-star a level! You would be amazed how few coins are given based on 3-starring levels. And if you blaze through all of the levels, you can always go back to 3-star them if you feel anal or the weather means you cannot go out and play.

Since the leader boards are creaking, one idea is to have competitions for people to get through to the end with as few points as possible. It is surprisingly fun.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

You say above, “The “T” and “?” were copied from the ABN guide. I don’t know how they decided.” And on this page you refer to two guides

the Complete Angry Birds SW II Characters Guide
      the SW II Achievements Page

but I do not find this in either guide. Where is this? Maybe these “T” and “H” are hidden in plain sight and I am missing them.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@Gelfling In the Characters Guide, we use (T) and (*). See “Notes”.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Thanks! I had only looked at the first 10 characters or so, and found no footnotes. This makes more sense now.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum How to Unlock Rewards Levels in AB SW II

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.