How To Backup ABTF

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How To Backup ABTF

• Sorry if this has already been asked but I need some information on how to backup my game data – I have a iPhone 5.

I have read that you can use the game centre on iphone but then I have also read people saying that game centre does not backup your progress.

can anyone confirm the best way to backup my game data? I have spent a lot of time playing and don’t want to loose it.

I don’t have facebook so cannot backup to that as another option.

if there is no where to backup the files for you is there a way to manually backup the required files?

thanks a lot

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

Well my self speaking having an iPhone 6 Plus i am always taking backup with itunes and always a second backup at iCloud. So even if you want to go to a new iPhone or iPad you can restore your backup from your iphone to the new device via iTunes or iCloud. But if you want your progress to be transfered to an android device you have to make a Facbook account and connect to Facebook from inside the game and after doing that the progress of yur game will be sotred to facbook cloud.

Now if you have a jailbroken device it’s also available with itools or iFunBox to take them. You need to go at the users folder and copy localy those save files but i don’t expect that you will able to use them. Because even if you need to use them the other device must also be jailbroken to move there.

ED209
    @ed209

Thanks for the reply.

I have a backup on iTunes which I always do but I have never had to use the restore feature so unsure of what it restores. Does the ITunes backup restore apps by default or is there anything else I need to do to enable this?

I will be sticking with my IPhone but due to all the effort and time this game takes I would like to have a valid backup in case anything happens to my phone. my IPhone is not jailbroken, I did read you could use Iexplorer and grab a copy of the following folder.

AppDomain-com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers

which I have done as well (saved to desktop of my PC).

I don’t have a facebook about or any solical media stuff

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

I believe when you restore your iPhone / iPad the exact copy of the phone with everything is been made so it’s given the Restore from backup will restore the phone at the 100% of what it was before the restore with everything inside game progress, whatever you have backup it.

I Have encounter a problem from a backup i have to delete the ABT from my iPhone and i re-download the app and after playing the how to nod the start it reloaded the game it’s self downloading additional files saying in the screen and the game started from where i have the trouble and delete the app. Apparently there must be and somewhere else keeping a copy of the progress file of the game.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I was one of those who was sure that Game Center on iOS enabled cloud backups way back when (over a year ago) that cloud backups were first introduced, but more recent comments that I’ve read say that only linking to Facebook will enable cloud backups.

Paging @lewie4

Any insights on this? Thanks.

ED209
    @ed209

@optimuspig

This is what I read from the Rovio site

https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/articles/218355968-How-do-I-save-my-progress-

it states that you can only save your game progress with game centre or Facebook but searching online more I see people stating that this is not the case so cant see why the Rovio site states you can use game centre to save your progress but people stating this doesn’t work.

I currently have game centre enabled for this game only but don’t want to take any risks of loosing my progress if my phone dies and I don’t have anther iphone to install the game on to test this option. I also backup my phone using iTunes as another way to make sure I have my saved game data.

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

This is an old thread, but since I’ve recently been looking for backup solutions and have found one, I thought I’d just add it in here rather than make a whole new thread.

I had read that Facebook was the only option for backing up progress. I don’t do Facebook, but had made a profile just for ABT progress backups. I still wanted a way to make my backup ‘local’ as opposed to ‘on the cloud’. So after a little research, I came across Helium.

Using Helium, I’m able to backup the game data by itself, or both the game data and the game installation.

I verified that it works by backing up my game data, then deleted all of the app data from my Android tablet (risky, but I also had my progress backed up with the Facebook account, so I figured I was covered either way).

So I still had the game installed, but all of my progress was deleted. Then, using Helium, I restored the game data and it worked perfectly.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How To Backup ABTF

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.