How many of you have changed your Special Event start times?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How many of you have changed your Special Event start times?

• Ever since R/E re-jigged the start time on Special Events from being the same time for everyone, to staggering it based on the players’ time zones, I’ve also changed my start time just so that I can avoid encountering certain other players who I know are going to be hyper-competitive.

Whereas I might have started at 6am local time in the past, I’m now starting play at 8am or even 9am just to get sorted into a different group.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • otter
    @otter

It also changed the end times for events and tasks……. totally screws up my pattern of play

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

As far as I remmember, they want to change time for all live stuff, not only events. Challenge run start/end time begin working incorectly after change and looks like they give up and restore previous time. Sad. So atm I have almost all timers reset same as before. I think only Events reset time working correctly for me. Event reset at 9pm (10pm summer time). And my play style changed alot also. But in better way. Now I can play not only during day, but also last hours before event ends. Its very big progress. Many players like to sneaky jump in last hour to 1st place. Was so sad before, when I play whole day, and going to sleep 3hours before event ends, but when I back at the morning, they can move me to 2nd, 3rd or even 7th place. So I happy with Event reset time. And will be nice, if they change Challenge run time also. Not to same time, as events, but just few hours earlyer then now. Atm my Challenge run end at 2pm (3pm summer time). Its the middle of the night. Only sick can think, its any fun playing this game at such hours.

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

I didn’t know that you could change your start time. I also don’t really pay attention to who my competition is in events. 9 times out of 10, I don’t see any names that I recognize from the previous week.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@vabeachguy

We’ve always been able to choose what time to start, in the sense that no one’s forcing us to start playing as soon as the new game day begins, you only have to do that if you want to get all 27 “natural” runs in the Special Event.

Otherwise you can start your game in the third hour, the fifth hour, the 23rd hour, or whatever.

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

@optimuspig

I misunderstood your original post, thinking that there was a setting that allowed you to set the parameters of when you start and end. My events start at 10 PM and end at 10 PM. I can start at any time, of course, but the end time will remain 10 PM regardless. So I thought you meant that you can set your start time at a different time and that would also adjust your end time. So it was just a misunderstanding.

As for the competition part, I actually don’t mind if I’m in a highly competitive group. That makes it a lot more fun for me. I enjoy the times where I’m ‘battling’ with one or two  people right up to the final second.  Sometimes I win, sometimes I don’t, but that’s the fun part for me.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@vabeachguy

That would be great if we could, no doubt.

I see your point the competition, but it can also get frustrating if you’re trying to rack up a lot of tokens (I needed at least 15,000 so I could Overpower GSG this event) and you keep bumping up against the same 2 or 3 guys and they’re overly aggressive.

I almost managed to chase one down yesterday, there was a mad dash with ten minutes left, but he was obviously monitoring the leader-board, lol.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@optimuspig mad dash? lol, are you was in my list? Whats your ingame name?

Geli
    @geli

I have not had a “usual start time” over the past year due to health issue.  I hope to get back to my usual start  time of  around 06:00 in the near future.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

You guys are crazy starting playing so early morning. I need some coffee first, atleast.

Dixie
    @dixie

I changed to NZ time

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How many of you have changed your Special Event start times?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.