How I restored my progress after latest update

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum How I restored my progress after latest update

• Hi folks,

I was fuming after the last update as I had lost all progress to date. I sent a message to support about it but received a response telling me the good news that they had fixed the error about the game freezing/crashing on start-up – that’s all well and good but didn’t address my issue. The game started up OK but I was back to square one.

I had uninstalled and re-installed the game but my progress wasn’t restored. However, this is until I did the following:

I clicked on the very first level – and it’s only at this point that it gives you the option to connect to FaceBook. I did this and thank goodness, my progress was restored. I just had to scroll all the way over to level 238 and I can continue where I left off after the update.

This however assumes you are connected to FB in order to save your progress. I am not a FB user as such but have an account in order to connect to AB2 and Epic. I don’t use it for anything else.

What cheeses me off though is the fact that Rovio has given NOTHING in the way of support for this issue thus far – unless of course I just haven’t looked in the right place – and not read my support request properly. If you don’t know how to re-connect to FB then you think your progress is lost. It’s not clear at all that your progress can be restored and you’re not told how to do it officially.

So, while I’m back to the grind (eg, watching videos and spending gems) I at least haven’t lost everything. Just a shame Rovio made it so difficult.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • Scotto
    @forterox

Same here but didn’t Have to do anything, just appeared back to normal a couple of days after my bitch.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

I deleted from my mobile and re-installed using iTunes using my last backup. Got everything back.

Still haven’t updated though. Not impressed by the ‘changes’ and when this version stops working, will just quit the game.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum How I restored my progress after latest update

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.