High Resolution Touch Screen for AB?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum High Resolution Touch Screen for AB?

• Do high resolution, large touch screens really deliver or are they mostly hype? Any info on a system that could really provide increased accuracy while playing AB would be appreciated. I think what I want is something a little larger than my iPad, where the resolution of the touch screen is a good as the resolution of the picture. My current understanding is that the touch resolution is lower than the picture resolution.
    I’m not sure a touch screen that does what I want exists yet. Saw a video of someone playing AB on a 50 in (?) touch screen, but that’s too big. News shows like the Today show are also using large touch screens. The Microsoft ones like those used on the Today show (at least those available to the public) have less resolution than an iPad.
    There is also the issue that some of the large touch-screens may only work with a PC or Mac, which means you are at the end of the list for getting AB updates, and may not like the way the game operates when you do.
    It’s been a long time since I played AB on a Mac, so it might not be as bad as I remember.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Since this is a pretty new forum, I have transferred most of the comments, with my edits to remove extraneous stuff:

cosmo2503 November 15

@mvnla2
    maybe we should wait for Apple to make laptop that would meet your requirements. I am not sure about those high resoultion touch screens I only saw some models in shop catalogues, that’s something brand new here and I don’t know any single person who own it.

nacho18 November 20
    Hello . mvnla2. Do you already sow on McLife . That maybe next year Apple will release an 12.9 touch screen iPad : called iPad Pro …!!! Also you can see that on : MacRumors; too.

Les Toreadors November 20 Flag

@nacho18
    – I would love to have a 12.9″ iPad. I have used many tablets and found anything below 10″ to be rather underwhelming.
    Anything above 8″ is not really usable for me on the go but my tablets are all static bedroom fortifications anyway. Nothing like a big LCD screen amongst the pillow forts :)
    However an iPad here costs more than a classic motorcycle and I rather have the motorcycle… lol.

nacho18 November 20 Flag
    Hi les toreadors and mvnla2 . The 12.9 iPad is only a apple rumors there are companies on Asia that said : Apple are working on prototype on that size : but when the rumors where talking about iPad Air , the wishes comes true. They already launched iPad Air already …!!! The rumors about iPad Pro Are very strong . I believe so they’ll do. I’ll take it too. Hopefully will be the very big surprise on 2014 . Make kudos on this you guys . I’ll loved.

burpie 7:39AM Flag
    “There is also the issue that some of the large touch-screens may only work with a PC or Mac, which means you are at the end of the list for getting AB updates”
    This needn’t be a concern. You can run anything on anything… Android apps on Windows or Linux, iOS apps on OS X… if you’re so inclined you can even make a digital Rube Goldberg machine and run Bootcamp on a Mac to run Windows to run Android, or VirtualBox on Linux to run OS X to run iOS. Any version of Angry Birds can run on pretty much any modern computer. It’s just that with some permutations you may need to pay a high schooler (or a Dutchie!) to come to your house to install & configure the neccessary stuff.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Nacho18 — Thanks! I just looked at the rumors about the new iPads. May have to get a new iPad next year.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello; @mvnla2: there is something else about Apple and Mac ; companies from japan and Korea : are talking that Apple are working on prototype over a iPhone-iPAd or hybrid phone and iPad together ; just like SamsungNoteII. For next year too . If they do that I’ll take it because my poor sight .( I am 67 years old) ; bigger is better. But for you maybe next year apple star to talk about Apple TV set. Can you imagine playing angry birds and watching that game on TV ; love it: that will be for me the bigger prize to my addiction on AB GAMES.
    Last words stay tuned on MacRumors and MacLife; for sure they will talk by January more about the 12.9 new iPad ; because at beginning of the year there are big events like CES and others events over technology advances.

Birds!
    @theog

12.9 iPad! Wow, that’s really big for me. Even though my family had a 10.1 inch tablet and it was kinda messy to bring. I mostly play with my left thumb, so it was kinda hard to reach the slingshot on that tablet. Well, tablets and phones are getting bigger, maybe in the future devices will really big.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello mvnla2. Is me again. I just visited iPhoneLife.com ( This is an other app. I do have) And i check this: Rumors: Manufactures In Taiwan Company . Will Manufacture 12.9-inch iPad and iWatch. Quanta To build the bigger iPad. You can se this also on Apple Insider; or on Monday issue of DigiTimes: they both sites talking on the same Rumors-Notice. So…!!! I highly Recommended you check on this. I do still Tuned for iPad 12.9 rumors and notices for you.I know we are busy on ABO Short Fuse ; but I like to visit others sites when I am tired or on a brake. Let me know ; what do you thing about this last Rumors-Notices. Bye.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Nacho — Thanks! Will have to check these out. Thanksgiving is over, but we still have guests, so there’s not a lot of time until the end of next week. And then I suppose the Christmas rush will take over. Guess I’ll delete a new iPad from my Christmas list this year and wait until the 12.9″ comes out.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

chimichangachick — The forum was moved to the new forum, but I guess the old one was never deleted.
    You should repost your comment here.
    I totally agree that anyone who can play on a phone has much better eyesight than I do.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Forgot the “@” @chimichangachick. Hope you get this.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy — I thought you were supposed to be able to use either name in the new forum?

@mecstaveler

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@mvnla2 No you must use usernames. The difference between the new forum and the old is that this one actually works! (Remember we couldn’t mention E-Star because of the hyphen in the old). But @mentions can only use usernames, which is why we added them below the nicknames.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello @mvnla2. I have a very good notice to you!!’
    Yesterday I got on my mail box an issue of MacLife ; April 2014.
    There are many good news. But the most important it’s these .
    Apple next Big things: for 2014 ..!! IWatch , iTV and iPadPro . Yes …!! Just for you.
    It says : iPad doesn’t just go bigger; it goes Pro.
    Here it’s a hight light :
    – Larger 12.9 inch screen with 3840×2160 resolution.
    – modified version of IOS will feature an expanded dock and allow for true multitasking and multiple windows….!! I counted 9 apps on the button of the picture.!’
    – detachable aluminum Smart Keyboard attaches magnetically and features backlift keys..
    So you can read the whole issue on http://www.maclife.com : hope you like it .

I am very exited and eager to got that iPad !!! I was planing to buy the Air Pad but maybe I will take this one .
    I am very interesting on the iTV to because there will be Larger Sceens like 55, 65 and 75. But they don’t speak about Prices and I am thinking they will be very expensive . If they do something like 42 or 46 or even 50 inchs. I’ll take it I still saving money for that …!!!! It’s what I was waiting for…!!
    So let me know if you found out the information that already give you;!!! And what do you thing about it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nacho18 — Thanks much for the info. I will check it out and let you know.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hi. @mvnla2. Is me again I am checking all over and not yet info. About it . The info. I am talking about it is on my magazine subscription the issue it’s April 2014. I do have also app. Subscription , and there is on too. But seems you have more experience on internet using and probably on computers skills too. Hope you got it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nacho18 — it appears that you need the magazine or app subscription to see article you’re talking about. I haven’t been able to find any info elsewhere, but will keep my eyes open.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nacho18 — I spoke too soon. A Google search on iPad Pro turned up some interesting stuff. The first contains a video. It sounds like we still need to wait a while for Apple to make an announcement.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/17/concept-13-inch-ipad-os-x/
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/540344/20140225/apple-ipad-pro-video.htm#.Uw5yWyjv7U4

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hi. @mvnla2. Thank you for you google info. I already download 2 pictures of my April maclife issue . So you can check both for more proof of info. Just go to my Albun and they are already available .

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nacho18 — Thanks for the pics! I can’t wait for more details. What I really want to know is if they have increased the accuracy of the touch sensitivity. My understanding is that the touch accuracy is significantly less than the picture resolution on current devices.
    BTW — While I was looking at your album, I noticed you had a public message to me. Are you still interested in an answer? I can’t remember ever seeing the message before, but it could be quite old.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hi mvnla2. Thank you for your info. Above I already fix it I erased the very old messaging . Know it’s clear .

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello :@mvnla2 . Maybe it’s a good new for you ; if you don’t get it yet.
    Samsung already Release a tablet 12.2 : calls: Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet.
    Cost: $ 749.99 for 32 GB. It can expand the storage via Micro SD.
    It’s a High Resolution 2560 X 1600. So take a look. I sow it at USA TODAY.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum High Resolution Touch Screen for AB?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.