Halloween Hats and Adventure

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Halloween Hats and Adventure

• Yet another hat set to get from Tower of Misfortune to take part of The Horrific Adventure. And of course Rovio keeps shafting players with its timing. Of course ToF is already done here before the start of the event!

About timing. The “day” began at 03:00 and Stella was freed at 03:15 Finnish time. Few hours later, Qaily Quests were renewed. Then, at 08:00 MEB changed it’s day. Finally at 12:00 new Halloween event became live.

So… multiple times there and Rovio can’t learn to sync them happening at the same time of the day even while some of them directly affect performing the others?! The game is a bloody mess…

And what do you know… some players already have all the new hats?! Considering it’s no way guaranteed to hit all the hats in just one full run of Tof… well, either they are sinking unimaginable amounts of money to game or… yeah, “somehow”.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • Dezsike
    @dezsike

It’s intentional. If it all would happen at the same time it would put a lot of pressure on the servers. Everything happens at a different time to distribute load. First arena resets at 0:00 (12 AM) UTC. Then daily quests and daily challenge at 5:00, when CvC is on the matchmaking happens at that time too. At 6:00 MEBC resets. Game events (hat events, feather frenzy, etc.) begins at 9:00. And finally if CvC is on, it ends 22:00 (10 PM).

Xora
    @exora

@rawdatasystems yeah its an advantage for the old & rich players

as you all can see it in their profile

i usually had a bad luck when it comes to ToF, wish that darn pig ain’t exist there lol.

Nejc
    @nejco

I saw somebody will stela over 120 level. I just can’t believe people can be that fast without either cheating or wasting a ton of money.

SB311
    @sb311

I hit a pig on the first floor, which hasn’t happened in a few days then I made it to floor 5 and got red’s hat. I hit the ff button and got to floor 11 after it picked blues hat, then I hit a pig and another pig before getting to floor 20 so I had to pay and give up. I got through the first two levels easy enough and got a bunch of spell cards and didnt even need them. Hope I can get them in the next levels.

I really wish we could get another double feather or bp event because I have all my feats piling up and I want to cash them in. :D

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@dezsike, yeah… “the server load”. Which is so difficult, expensive time consuming to fix nowadays. I seriously doubt AB2 needing huge farms to handle the load even if Rovio would fix the worst annoyances to keep the players from leaving the game. I wonder how large(?) the AB2 playersbase actually is.

@exora
    , while I always try to first think those players being rich and sinking money to game like crazy, a small voice in my mind keeps suggesting otherwise. Now, with Stella causing FP jumping up and down, things are going to look even more suspicious.

@sb311
    , Not much feather rewards stashed here, just a few BP ones. Oh… and those Legendary Chests, which are best to open at the rare occurences of short times doubling is active both for feathers and BP. If only one is active, I surely pick others from the chests. Sigh… still hours for ToF opening…

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I saw somebody will stela over 120 level. I just can’t believe people can be that fast without either cheating or wasting a ton of money.

Plenty of people who are willing to pay endless amounts of money to buy gems, and if you have enough gems, you can pretty much do anything in the game.

I’m not worried about the people who buy the gem letter on occasion, but by the people who buy the $100 gem bundle every week or two.  That’s the one thing I hate about phone/tablet games; they make it so people can basically buy their ranks and buy their victories.

Where is the fun and thrill of winning when it is impossible to lose?

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

IMHO, those people either never learned to lose in games (or in anything?), when they were young… or they just need to find something in life where they can feel superior, when they compare themselves to others.

Or… perhaps they just have too much money. :D

It’s a shame that pay-to-win elements are so common in games nowadays.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Halloween Hats and Adventure

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.