Good places for farming materials?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Good places for farming materials?

• In my obsessive need to have the best of each piece of equipment I make I’ve found myself going through a lot of crafting materials. The crates and shells are easy enough, wood and skulls aren’t too difficult either, but I’m at a loss for finding good places, that is to say ones that are quick and easy to finish, for the higher end items, which include but are not limited to, the slingshot branches, paper, and bamboo.

So I’m asking the more experienced in this game, where you farm the materials for your weapons and off hands?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Slingshots = Slingshot Woods
    Bamboo = Bamboo Forest

VerasGunn
    @verasgunn

Quite, but I’m hoping people have more specific list of good places to farm items, maybe create a list for for new players.

For example:
    Shells: South Beach – 1
    Crates: South Beach – 2
    Wooden Logs: Cobalt Plateaus – 2
    Stone: Southern Cobalt Plateau
    Cobalt Stone: Cobalt Plateaus – 1
    Skulls: Southern Sea – 2

And so forth, something more substantial than “This entire zone”

Toby
    @tobyv

Note that if you tap-hold (long-press) over a level on the map it will tell you what the main prize is. Also, earlier stages are generally easier than later stages, common battles are easier than wave battles, and stages next to forges and training grounds are a little bit harder. With these rules of thumb:

Slingshots – Slingshot Woods 1, 4 or East
    Bamboo – Bamboo Forest 1, 4 or 6

Stage 4 of each of these may be easiest, but I’m no expert player [smile]! Also note that slingshots and bamboo can be made from wood, so you can always just rack up the wood and go from there. Hit the Replay Battle (center) button after spinning for loot to speed things up.

Was that about what you were looking for?

kennethso
    @kennethso

This post gives you some examples for stocking up resources for alchemy (making off-hands):

Strategy tips

To sum up what that guy said:
    Banana: South Beach 3
    Tomatoes: White Garden
    Sea Berries: Limestone Lagoon 6 (though I think Limestone Lagoon 2 may also be ok)
    Ice chilli: Winter Wonderland 4
    Snow apples: Winter Wonderland 2

For water you can just get them from South Beach 4
    It seems that there is no easy place for getting vials (I could be wrong. I just started playing a few days ago and now I’m at Limestone Lagoon). So crafting from sand may be a better choice. An easier level with sand as the main price will be Golden Fields 2, but as sand is quite plentiful, you can get a lot by repeatedly playing those South Beach Levels.

TomC
    @tomc

@kennethso An unorthodox and perhaps easy way to get vials is by using only 1 bird and the weakest set up for that bird and repeatedly lose to Wizpig at Wizpig’s Castle. You’ll get a vial as consolation prize every time.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

ALCHEMY

Shiny Sand: E. Desert Island
    Vials: seems like I remember a level with them on the wheel (maybe not x3) ?
    G. Vials: only crafting AFAIK

Seeds: W. Cobalt Plateau, Cobalt Plateau 9

Water: South Beach 4
    Crystal Water: N. Sea 2, N. Sea 4, Snowy Peak 1, Canyon Land 2
    Magic Water: Mouth Pool, but only in the chest (37.5% chance, if you 3-star)

Banana: South Beach 3
    Sea Berries: S. Sea 1, Golden Fields 4, Limestone Lagoon 2
    Snowy Apples: Canyon Land 3, Winter Wonderland 2
    Pig Cherries: Magic Shield 1

Tomatoes: Matilda’s Garden
    Ice Chili: Winter Wonderland 4
    Burning Pumpkins: Pumpkin Plateau 2 (not x3 though)

Sam2693
    @sam114218

Where could I get great vials it doesn’t have to be 3?

Woods
    @chiiyuen0109

Its seems Greater Vials have to be crafted, or found in Treasure Chests.

TomC
    @tomc

Great Vials are also a prize for losing at Wizpig’s Castle, so you could technically just keep losing on purpose as fast as you can to get those vials.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Is there any place other than Matilda’s garden that is good for tomatoes? Looking for someplace that gives more coins in addition to tomatoes.

Woods
    @chiiyuen0109

@mvnla2 For snoutlings, just go to Western Cobalt Plateus. Other than any place, I can knock out the Monty (Matilda’s Garden) in one hit.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

I’ve generated a map that shows the loot-wheel for almost every level in the game, which should be helpful for this. The only ones I’m missing are the ones behind two of the Friendship Gates which I haven’t opened yet, and also the Chronicle Caves. (I’m about half-way through Cave 4 now. Can only go as fast as the pig allies regenerate since I’m not hooked up on FB yet.) Anyone know who I’d contact to see about letting the site use my map?

Also, I’d like to hook up with some people on FB in order to get some of the other benefits in the game. PM me if you want my FB name. (I created an alt just for this game.)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@squeakymcg — Contact @admins to see if the site would post your map. It sounds great! You can also post it unofficially by uploading it into your album and creating a new forum under the AB Epics topic that references the pic in your album. Not sure if you can actually show it in the forum.
    There is another forum for requesting facebook friends for Epic. I’m getting desperate enough to create a separate facebook account for Epic, but not yet.
    Good Luck!

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@mvnla2 – I tried uploading before, but I guess it was just too huge. I had the whole map at xxhdpi resolution, which came out to over 11MB. I just cut the res in half and uploaded it. You can theoretically see it here:

Resources_s.jpg

Let me know if this works, I’m new to this forum, not sure how well link posting works…

Ridureyu
    @ridureyu

Have you tried uploading it to a place like photobucket or imgur, or dividing it up into smaller pieces? That one is too small to read.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@squeakymcg — Not sure what you did, but I can’t see it when I go to your album, but I can see it when I click on the link, and it seems to be in your album. However, I can’t click on it to see it in a larger view, which you can normally do. I think you need some professional help from @admins.

Ridureyu
    @ridureyu

Okay, here it is:

Resources Map

INSTRUCTIONS:

When you click on the link, it will seem small. Look for the link on the right, under “Media Options,” labeled “Download,” and click it. You will be able to download the full 12 MB image there. Peruse at your leisure!

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

You posted the link wrong. Should be: like this.

Oh, and if somebody could send me screenshots of the wheels from the remaining Frienship Gate levels, as well as pics of the map in those two regions, I can make this thing complete. Maybe then the Chronicle Caves? I think they’re maybe all the same once you get the blueprints from each level, but not sure.

Ridureyu
    @ridureyu

I fixed the link – and thanks!

sal9
    @sal9

@squeakymcgee Your map looks awesome – Thanks for sharing. I think that a tag system might be more useful.

Ridureyu
    @ridureyu

HERE is an update!

Squeaky McGee has:
    * Added the remaining Friendship Gate levels
    * Added Maelstrom
    * Replaced the Wizpig Castle wheel with the standard repeating one instead of the one-time chest reward
    * Added a Golden Pig cloud underneath the wheel there
    * Fixed some stitching problems

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

Hmm. I tried posting a new topic discussing the map, but it seems they’ve removed it for some reason? Is there some rule here about not making any suggestions for improving the site? I thought maybe it was a fluke, but this is the second time this has happened to me. I also tried asking an admin about it but got no response. I’m not trying to criticize, I want to help…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@verasgunn — Would be nice if this forum also had a list which potions require the various cauldron resources. I haven’t found anything that need some of the more exotic items. I am now through Wizpigs castle. I know most of the items that are used in the forge are used to craft equipment.
    BTW @versagunn — There should be an edit button at the top right of your initial post. This will allow you to edit the main post so the first list is complete, and people don’t have to read all the posts to find the answer they’re looking for.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@mvnla2:

• Banana Juice – 4 Vials, 4 Water, 5 Bananas
    • Sea Berry Juice – 4 Vials, 4 Water, 5 Sea Berries
    • Snow apple juice — 4 Greater Vials, 4 Crystal Water, 5 Snow Apples
    • Pig Cherry Juice – 4 Greater Vials, 4 Magic Water, 5 Pig Cherries
    • Hot Veggie Cake – 10 Hot Tomatoes
    • Ultra Hot Veggie Cake – 10 Ice Chilis, 4 Hot Tomatoes
    • Burning Veggie Cake – 10 Burning Pumpkins, 4 Ice Chilis, 4 Hot Tomatoes
    • Fruit Cake – 6 Snow Apples, 8 Sea Berries, 10 Bananas

(Different ranks use the same ingredients.)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Squeakymcg — Thanks. I can add one:

• Snow apple juice — 4 greater vials, 4 crystal water, 5 snow apples

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Good places for farming materials?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.