Going for Gold Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Going for Gold Event

• The new event has started. They have Epic Optimus available. They also have accessories for Gold Slam Grimlock

This is a 4-day event

The Variants are the bonus squad

IMG_0539.PNG

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The Hallowe’en Top Hat accessory has the same stat boost as the Top Hat, but looks cooler.

I might go for the monocle, though.

Joel
    @joel687

He is one of the few bots I needed accessories for, so this is good. It should be no problem getting those accessories and the sparks over 4 days with my 550% bonus

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Goldbite Grimlock was the last character that had never had a single accessory (not counting the holiday events exclusive hats) available in an event before. There are still a few random accessories (like Sunstorm’s Launchers and Megatron’s Sunglasses) that have never been offered before though. Plus all the basic hats and sunglasses too.

Phillips
    @phillips

If I was an American I probably would have predicted a 4 day event. Means this one will finish in time for an Independence Day (4th of July) event.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@phillips

Interesting observation.

I wonder if the next event will feature one of the Optimus Primes or  perhaps Ultra Magnus (colour scheme red, white, and blue)?

woo224
    @woo224

Does anyone remember that the Top Hat and Monocle were available for all Grimlocks waaayyy back in 2014? They were 100 and 75 gems respectively, but now they’re 1000 each and only for Goldbite Grimlock. That’s just classy.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Any body dig the gigantic gold cubes ? LOL

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

I have had the Top Hat and Monocle accessories for Goldbite Grimlock for ages. Before this event Top Hat was only +5 % defense and Monocle +5 % weapon cooldown. Now they Top Hat has been upgraded to +10 % damage and +10 % weapon cooldown.

Here’s an old screenshot: Grimlock.png

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Came across a meadow run where there were dozens of gold blocks just clustered right after one of the barns.  There were so many, I don’t think I got them all.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimlockdown How do you get that Coconut Helmet? I don’t have it.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@datguygamer From an event which was probably about a year ago when the Angry Birds movie premiered. The most of my Autobirds seems to own it.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@optimuspig
    I got that too. I couldn’t Destroy everything, but I got a good amount of them. Soundwave would erase everything without problem, but I’m not using him.

Joel
    @joel687

@optimuspig @ramonpontes I got that, too. Stacks of the giant gold blocks. Unfortunately, I had been battling a WMT right before I saw them, and Ratchet just couldn’t cool down fast enough to get them all

IMG_0544.PNG

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Also, did Rovio mess with the damage output on WMTs and Falling Monoliths?

My EGL is getting slaughtered out there.

The runs also seem to be progressing at warp speed.

moi
    @moifirst

In this event I encountered a sort of end of the world glitch, only this was when I should enter the astrotrain at the end. Except there was no astrotrain.

Fortunately everything ran further OK, but it was a strange experience. Too bad I forgot to take a screenshot of it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@moifirst

You mean the TF enters Astrotrain and then Astrotrain flies off, but then Astrotrain disappears from the screen and the view just pans up into the sky and all you see is the sky?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig

Also, did Rovio mess with the damage output on WMTs and Falling Monoliths?

Wouldn’t surprise me

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Ugh, EGL/UM is not a good combination for going against Unicron.

Missed the final 1/5 again.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Any body noticed the ridiculous amount of WMT´s on this event? not only that, like many that have already suggested, I think Rovio tweaked the damage output or EGL armor was degraded. Usually EGL could take on a shower of WMT fire with little damage, presently after taking 5 or 6 direct hits EGL is borderline dead. Now I have to bring Dead “WMT Killer” End along on runs witch is not good since my Dead End has only 40% bonus in comparisson to my EGLs 105% :(

I’m not going to try all that hard to compete in this event because I want to restore the amount of gems that I had to spend in order to unlock Barricade, especially since I only want the sparks and the accessories for Goldbite Grimlock, but I don’t understand why there are players out there who are playing like crazy (such as spending millions of gems on instant recharges, for example) in events if they have already acquired everything that is worth spending tokens on (which, in my opinion, is only: unlocking new/previously unacquired Transformers; unlocking accessories, especially useful ones; and sparks). That’s just a waste of time and money.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Yeah, Im one of those…I lost Epic Optimus on the CNY blunder and Id be playing for accesories/spark if at all

ED209
    @ed209

I’m also just after sparks and the two accessories. For once I only had to spend 250 gems in the last event to come first for one day instead of having to spend 1k or more of gems for missing tokens.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@optimuspig
    Really, they are not the best combination, but it also depends on the scenario. I only call EGL when the shield is going to disappear, because he is faster than UM. I could kill him, but I let a monolith Falls onto UM to not Speed things up.

With bonus, I had a great score:
    Screenshot_20170630-193234.png

Phillips
    @phillips

This is a first (anyone else have it) one of my challenge runs turned into a spark run. Only problem is there was no tally informing you how many sparks you had accumulated and at the end it obviously couldn’t convert sparks back to points so crashed.

Screenshot_2017-07-01-08-26-59.png

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@jimmy-necessary
    Do you think It is playing like Crazy:
    Screenshot_20170630-193316.png

I didn’t waste milions of gems, only three recharges. Must remember that the bot from the bonus squad received a multiplier of X4.
    I have alomst 700% of bonus. My UM is fully promoted (140% x 4), and I’m using EGL, with 135%.
    I will collect the tokens, than I will decide if I’m gonna promote someone, or take the accessories.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Going for Gold Event

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.