Get the Mighty Eagle from Angry Birds Classic for the original price

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Get the Mighty Eagle from Angry Birds Classic for the original price

• Hello flingers!

In case you did not know, when the Mighty Eagle first got released it costed $0.99 only, but recently Rovio increased its price to $4.99, most likely because they realized it was so cheap for what it gives.
    Mighty Eagle puchase screen
    Though if you have an Android device there’s a small trick that will let you get it for the old price! Just follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall your current version of AB Classic.
      Since we are going to install an older version of the game you need to uninstall your current version. If you skip this step, once you open the old version it will just crash for obvious reasons. Make sure you are connected to your Rovio Account or Facebook before uninstalling!
    2. Download an old version of the game.
      Any version before the Mighty Eagle price increased will work but to make things easier just download the game from Getjar (the available version there is the 3.2.0 which will do the job).
    3. Purchase the Mighty Eagle.
      Once you have downloaded and installed the old version just open the game and go to the shop to buy the Mighty Eagle.
    4. Update your game to the latest version.
      After you bought the Mighty Eagle you can now uninstall the old version and download the latest version of the game from the Play Store again. Don’t worry, you won’t lose your purchase!
    5. Done!
      Once you open the game in the latest version it will detect the purchase you previously made and will give you the Mighty Eagle, saving you 4 bucks! Finally just login to your Rovio Account or Facebook to get your progress back.

Lastly there’s some things that are worth mentioning:
    – This trick is possible thanks to the way Rovio changed the price of the Mighty Eagle as instead of just changing the price of the article they created a different one.
    – Doing this trick or not is up to you but if you really like Angry Birds support Rovio and purchase the Mighty Eagle for the full price.

And that’s about it! Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your impressions and if you are gonna do this trick.

See you again soon flingers!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

This is great. I remember back when the game was 1.99 (or was it 2.99?) then you’d buy the Mighty Eagle for .99 leading for a grand total 2.98 plus tax. those were the days… But I can see why they made it free and raised the price for the mighty eagle and introduced ads… “How are broke teenagers gonna pay for this?” and “then how will we get our money?” was probably said by some Rovio employee and you know the rest…

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

I could not agree more with that. That’s basically the reason why they don’t update the classic games anymore, to focus in other games that give them more money.
    Though I think the Mighty Eagle was so cheap for what it gives.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Get the Mighty Eagle from Angry Birds Classic for the original price

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.