Game won’t open

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Game won’t open

• Playing on iPad Air 2.  I was playing last night. No problems. Tried to open game this afternoon and just as it reaches the map it kicks me back to my “desktop”.  I have deleted and reinstalled several times. After reinstall, game opens fine, but as soon as I try to login into Facebook I get to the screen where it says restart app to finish syncing, I click the green check mark and get a second window saying restart app to finish syncing, but with NO green check mark to tap. Closing app and trying to reopen results in going back to first problem… just as the map pops up it closes the game. Anybody have ideas other than buying a new tablet and logging into Facebook from the new tablet?

Edit: I can’t contact Rovio support since I can’t log in with the user ID that connects to my data on FB…

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • nykki
    @diamond72

I came on to say the same thing. I’m on IPad too and the game will not open. I closed all programs and nothing. Hopefully it will be fixed and fixed properly

otter
    @otter

Same here on my IPad Pro…..

Drypen
    @drypen64

Same.

Last time this happened an update a couple days later fixed the problem. Hopefully this is monitored & they let us know when an update will happen.

otter
    @otter

It appears to be only affecting IOS platforms as my Android is working OK

kpnanny
    @kpnanny

@otter

Agree, as I also have an Android tablet and it works fine.  On the other hand, my husband has both an iPad Air 2 and an Android tablet, and both are working fine.  From my observations during deleting and reinstalling and trying various approaches, it appears to happen when trying to connect with Facebook.  I checked my Facebook account and this game is still in my “allowed” apps.

Soldeed
    @soldeed

Login with Apple ID is still working

nykki
    @diamond72

As of today, my game will still not open, I was worried about uninstalling and reinstalling as I don’t want to lose years and years of progress I’ve made. It’s not about not connecting to Apple ID or FB. Like the game crashes upon opening.

Soldeed
    @soldeed

Yes, but it seems to be crashing only when the game is trying to login via facebook.

kpnanny
    @kpnanny

@soldeed

True, but there is no issue with login into Facebook from my husband’s IOS platform, or either of our Android platforms…

RFredW
    @rfredw

Somewhat fiddly way of getting into the game on iOS without reinstalling, or whatever, until such time as facebook connectivity works again:-
    (Well, it works for me ;) )

Go to settings.
    Turn off Mobile Data & Wifi
    Run the game
    This should get you to a working map screen.
    Play.
    If you want to participate in online event stuff: home-button, settings, re-enable Wifi/Mobile data, go back to game, wait a bit for the connection to hook up, and you should be good to go.
    Don’t go near the facebook / friends settings, they’ll crash.

Yes, a bit of faff. But needs must at the moment.

nykki
    @diamond72

I can’t even get to the game to even change any settings.

Tahtorak
    @tahtorak

I had this same problem during the Acid Storm event, but I fixed it.

I managed to get into the game when I set my iPhone to airplane mode. After five seconds of no crashing, I turned off the airplane mode. Then I went into the game settings and logged off from Facebook.

My game stopped crashing after that.

Drypen
    @drypen64

That worked.

I was signed out of Facebook so I didn’t have to worry about that.

I signed back in using my Apple ID.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

kpnanny
    @kpnanny

FURTHER UPDATE. The first time I tried to purchase a character from the Offers I was kicked out and had to follow step 4 to get back in (without deleting and reinstallation). Oh well, at least I got my stuff back…  *sad face*

Update: I Love the Nest…

@tahtorak
        Thanks to your airplane mode suggestion, I am back in my game AND logged in to Facebook with all my possessions!

I had already deleted my game and reinstalled (I’ve had to do this a few times for updates/new events that weren’t auto downloading) so it was critical that I have access to the game saved in Facebook. All my characters, coins, gems, Prime Pass etc were there, so the option of just playing without logging in was a no go. I knew the data was in FB, I just couldn’t get to it.

This will ONLY work and restore your stuff if you were logged into Facebook in the game before it crashed.

For everyone who already deleted their game, reinstalled, then tried to log in to Facebook and was kicked out after it said to restart to finish syncing, ignore 1-3 and skip to Step 4.

1. Delete game. Reboot device. Reinstall game. Reboot device.

2. With WiFi on, open game. At the first screen of the newly reinstalled game, where there is an arrow to start (as though you have never played at all) there is a login button in the bottom right corner.

(NOTE: These next steps will result in kicking you out, but that’s OK!)

3. Tap the login button. Continue to take the steps to log into Facebook. When the screen says you must restart to finish syncing, tap the green checkmark. When the next message pops up saying you need to restart (the one with NO checkmark), close the game.

4. Now, as @tahtorak said, put your device in airplane mode. Open the game. It will take you to the opening screen described in step 2. Without tapping anything, open your device settings and take airplane mode off. The game will continue to sync with Facebook, restore your stuff and you will be happy once more.  If my game crashes again I will certainly try step 4 before deleting and reinstalling.

otter
    @otter

My IOS is still NOT working

Soldeed
    @soldeed

The game was updated a couple of days ago. Seems to have fixed it (only about two weeks later…)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Game won’t open

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.