I am not the wallet warrior who buy tons of gems but I did contribute to the Rovio’s bank account so I get an extra life. I am hardcore enough with AB2 with whatever free time I have among real life tasks and other games I have.
I have to say the Arena has gone out of whack completely with the Hats system, more so than adding the Winning Streaks. Life is even more difficult since the last update as the opponents I face have gone to super tough. So tough that you will need to use gems and spells if you are to keep the winning streak.
Here is what I think can fix the system:
– Create more League levels beyond Diamond. Make it 20 levels from the current 8.
– Implement the leaderboard re-shuffling again.
– Forget the #9 spot, 10 black pearls is way too low to even worth the consolation price.
– Everyone who miss the award (gems + black pearls) winning rank will be demoted. The bottom 3 are usually so bad that in terms of star count that you wonder why they even get to the higher league in the 1st place.
– Top 3 can move up for most league levels. If we are to have 20 league levels, make 11 and up to have only the top 2 move up.
– Spread out the gems + black pearls awards for each league levels. The current Diamond league #1 reward is about all you want to give out in 1 week. Unless Rovio wants to make more Hats.
– For the mid to high league levels, have some higher consolation prize for the bottom feeders. Reasonably good amount of gems, spells, feather, etc.
This way many of us long time players will figure out by Monday whether it is worth it to climb the ladder or just stay low to go back down.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.