First objective reset after 5 hours is unfair.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum First objective reset after 5 hours is unfair.

• I think it’s unfair that I always start out 6k to 12k behind because I have to sleep during the first 5 hour window. I do my first objective set after I wake up and always find that I’m in 12th place from the get-go. This week I started 12k behind the leader. Having to constantly grind catch back up makes the game feel like a job and sucks the fun out of it for me. Anyone else feel that way? This is my board when I finally got assigned one.

Ws.jpg

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • TomC
    @tomc

When I start late in the week I get people who also start late, not sure what is happening with your case.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@neomerlinmagic It sounds like you are in China. If that is the case, then you just have to remember to wake up before 9 am on Monday to complete the first week’s objectives. However I know you also have a Facebook account. I thought Facebook was banned in China.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

It’s far more fair to have a universal “day” than a local “day”.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@amslimfordy — A little more explanation would be helpful.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I think it is pretty fair to say that players in western and central parts of Asia, where the 5 hour period for the first set of objectives falls between 12am and 7am, get a raw deal.

I am sure Rovio designed the timing for the first objectives to minimise the number of EPIC players who were disadvantaged. But there were always going to be players in time zones that lost out.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

The whole 5 hour window happens while I’m sleeping. Unfortunately, I can’t be awake during that time due to my work schedule. I actually started on 6 days to go, but was alone on my board until 5 days to go. @killerkea you’re right, but there are ways around it. I prefer Facebook over QQ and Wechat, because my Mandarin isn’t very good yet.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I think a more fair way to handle the resets of objectives is to either move the time for when the league ends to the time when the objectives reset every day (5 hours later than today) OR do not reset the objectives when the league ends.

That way it would be fair to everybody and every objective would have plenty of time for every timezone to be concluded.

A while ago I suggested to rovio to use a 12 hour gap between the start and first reset. That way everyone in the world has an equal opportunity to achieve the first objectives before the reset, regardles of day/night situation. The 5 hours is a left-over from the modification to not use the device time and is nothing but dumb.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@neomerlinmagic Maybe bit of topic, but player kestrel371 was first last week on my Platinum board, so this week should be a diamond player (or even was already diamond on my board last week, his scores changed to fast in short amount of time). Don’t be surprised if his scores change drasticly. But maybe he takes it slow this week because its last week.

Personally think the whole arena wasn’t fair from the start, by design. On topic, sort of America, Europe, Asia arena filling would have been fairer, but they don’t have the programming skills to do so, also because the date/time zone is changeable when ever the player feels like, there would be more options I think, when this would have been a fixed parameter, determined when you maded your account.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

The one who’s in first gained 10k in 2 hours time, but that’s doable if he did his objectives and grinded some.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I just thought of something. Since it’s the last week, can I even get promoted to platinum?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@neomerlinmagic you would probably be promoted to platinum and end up with platinum avatar for next season of arena battles.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon Even though China is a huge country they don’t have time zones. Therefore it is always the same time no matter where you are in China. Other countries like the US has daylight savings time so depending on the time of year the clocks will change by an hour. I’m in the US so a little over a week ago I had 5 hours to complete the first set of objectives, but now I have 6 hours. The fairess thing to do would be to only have 7 sets of objectives/week instead of 8 so everyone would have 24 hours to complete them.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I am well aware that China does not have multiple time zones. In fact its time lines up with Western Australia – 3 hours behind the east coast of Australia (except Queensland). So the 5 hour period in China for the first set of objectives is 4am til 9am.

I absolutely agree that the fairest system would just be 7 sets of objectives in blocks of 24 h. That way its exactly the same for everyone. I don’t know why Rovio are wedded to the idea of an additional objective reset at an odd time of the day.

Oh, and you should still only have 5 h to complete the first set of objectives – if there were to be any more. Both the start time for the arena week and the objective reset time will have been moved by 1 h.

burbman
    @burbman

Ask, and ye shall receive! New update synchronized the daily clock with the event clock.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I think players in America take an advantage.
    All you need is two smartphones and/or two tablets with same Rovio account.
    One is updated and another is not updated.
    Finish the objectives with updated one and finish another with not updated one.
    An easy 5500 once you finished all three.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mingkee27 What??? I don’t even know if that method works, and even if it did work anyone could do that. Cheaters can be found all over the world.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mingkee27 This is not a site for cheaters. Please do not post anything that tells people how to cheat because that will only make the problem worse. If you discover something, then please tell Rovio so they can try to stop it.

I’m guessing your suggestion won’t work because if you have a device on 1.2.6 and one on 1.2.5 your Rovio account shouldn’t be able to sync with different versions of the game.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@renitz You were right about Kestrel371!

Kestrel371.jpg

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@mingkee27 I don’t think that would work, but I’m not sure of it. Even if it does, it would only work during the grace period until the update becomes required.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I don’t know the best way to make things fair but I always join between 1 and 2 hours after the start simply because 8 on a Sunday evening is a time when I’m out or have guests. Even after an hour players have 10k or so and previously much more. Catch up is inevitable.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@neomerlinmagic
    This trick works for me but I only used once as I see other players don’t cheat.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Rovio seems to have changed it for season 2. Now it resets at the same time as the league ends.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Yes. This will lead to much lower scores since there are now only 7 sets of objectives per week and we are all back in the wood league again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum First objective reset after 5 hours is unfair.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.