Facebook deactivation and AB Friends

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Facebook deactivation and AB Friends

• Due to the recent debacle regarding  Zuckerberg’s nonchalant attitude to data misappropriation, I’ve deactivated my Facebook account and I suggest everybody else does too!

I now find that Angry Birds Friends has “lost” my profile , and I have lost a lot of money since,  like everybody else , most of the slings we used are purchased .

I suspect most people didn’t realise ( Rovio certainly don’t mention it) that being a Facebook “ customer” is a prerequisite to enjoying and using ABF.

Do Rovio have a way around this issue, or are they going to recompense me for no longer being able to play the game using items I’ve purchased?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Chris Mortensen
    @chris-mortensen

Hello @mikefairclough.

Over a day since your (relevant) posting, and no responce from Rovio.

Speaks volumes : maybe, they sit in their ivory (not pc, please excuse ) tower  hoping that deafening silence on their part is the lesser of two evils

I too am miffed with them especially as i enrolled in Facebook for the specific reason to save game settings. That went….. , well?

Lakrids

Chris Mortensen
    @chris-mortensen

Hello @mikefairclough.  I’ve left a comment which is awaiting moderation, whatever that means as the strongest word in it was ‘miffed’. I must have touched a nerve!

I’ve never been a big fan of most social media, especially Facebook. The irony of the situation being – without it, we would never have been able to read each others comments and vent our spleen at the unfair treatment we’ve recieved. It’s actually cathartic, knowing others are fighting the same batte. Onwards and upwards!

Hoping this gets through the censor unadulterated

Mike Fairclough
    @mike-fairclough

Hi Chris, Didn’t expect a response from Rovio here, however I’ve contacted them via their  “ Contact Us”option.

I have had dialogue using this channel before mostly to my satisfaction, however this is a different scenario!

I want to play ABF using my purchased slings and I don’t care , quite frankly, about linking via Facebook which has turned into something altogether nasty below the surface.

Looking forward to a response eventually, but I may have to give Rovio a bit of a kicking before they respond.

I think I have the high moral ground, but we shall see!

Chris Mortensen
    @chris-mortensen

Hello Mike,

As I’ve written on a different forum about this, nothing ever truly dissappears from cyberspace. If Facebook really wants to, they can find us . Let’s see if they truly value us as customers, or consider us dust and beneath their dignity.

A pr nightmare in the making. David and Goliath…, or Stan and Olie?

Give ’em hell!!!

Beejive
    @beejive

Hello AB friends!

I actually have the OPPOSITE problem from @mikefairclough. I played ABF for several years without ever logging in to Facebook. I do have a Facebook account and I suppose that’s how I originally got to play, but I just had the app on my iPad and played it that way. Almost daily it tried to get me to log in through Facebook, but I never did. Until 5 days ago, by accident, and am I ever sorry!! Now I can ONLY play through Facebook, and I am back to the beginning — I lost all of my hard earned slings, my previous user name (now it’s my Facebook account name), my Diamond 7 league status, and about 1,200 bird coins.

What can I do to get back to where I was? I am wondering if logging out of Facebook will do it, but I’m afraid to do that because I don’t know how to get back to my previous account. Can anyone help me? I sent a message to Rovio through the game app on Friday but never got a reply. Any thoughts will be much appreciated!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Facebook deactivation and AB Friends

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.