Error Message and Crash when running version 1.6.3.1 of AB Classic on Windows 10

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Error Message and Crash when running version 1.6.3.1 of AB Classic on Windows 10

• Wanting to do a fresh run of the original Angry Birds, I ran the installer for version 1.6.3.1, the last version to use the original art style on my Windows 10 PC.

The installation went fine, however, whenever I try to run the game I get this error message followed by the game crashing:

Even after running the installer a second time to repair the program, I still get this error message. Any idea on what’s causing it?

EDIT: A fix has been found, it’s because a newer version was previously installed, to fix it, go to C:/Users/YOURNAME/AppData/Roaming/Rovio and delete the file called “Angry Birds”

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • Halo345
    @halotheangrybird

this error is caused when like, the save is a later version’s save, and to fix it, u have to go into the script config.lua and then change the publisher name to whatever u want to, and the problem would be solved

Halo345
    @halotheangrybird

u have to just go into the config.lua and change the publisher name to which ever name u wanted to

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Error Message and Crash when running version 1.6.3.1 of AB Classic on Windows 10

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.