Don't play Angry Birds Classic with mobile data!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Don't play Angry Birds Classic with mobile data!

• Hello again flingers!

Today I went to the settings to check my data usage as usual and after seeing this I was shocked…

Mobile data usage

Wi-Fi usage

After just 6 days since I reinstalled the game it has already used over 1.30 GB of data through Wi-Fi and literally drained almost 60 MB from my data plan in less than 10 minutes! Pretty insane right?

To prevent this situation and save you a lot of data you can follow these 2 simple steps:

– Disable background data for the game.

The method to do this varies depending of the device and Android version you have so I will be explaining the method that works with most devices.

Go to your settings > Wireless & Networks > Data usage. Once you are there enable your mobile data (we do this so the option “Background data” gets enabled), select the mentioned option and scroll down through the list of your apps until you find Angry Birds and turn off its switch.
    After this the game won’t use any data in the background while you are connected to mobile data.

– Disable mobile data before playing.

This one is pretty obvious but still worth mentioning.
    If you are outside home and want to pop some pigs don’t forget to disable your data first! It will save you a lot of MBs.

I have not checked other games such as Seasons or Space so feel free to comment if other AB games also use a lot of data!

And that’s about it! If you have a reduced/limited data plan like me just follow those simple steps and keep popping those pesky pigs!

See you again soon flingers!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Those stinkin’ ads… Don’t they have an ad-free version or an IAP to remove ads?

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@beakymcfeather Yeah, that’s pretty much the reason behind this insane data usage.
    And no, unfortunately there’s not an ad-free version nor a way to remove the ads besides than playing offline. There used to be a $0.99 purchase to remove ads though, but it was removed at some point in 2016, most likely in The Mighty League update.
    It would be interesting to see what happens if you get an old version of the game to purchase the ad remover (yes this is still possible) and then update to the latest version, would you still get the ads blocked? I might try this in the future…

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@joseantonio I once downloaded an .apk file for version 1.6.3 but I went back to the old(new) version soon after because everything was so small compared to my phone and tablet’s high DPI. Angry Birds Classic is still paid on the Amazon Appstore so you could try that…

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

The version you tried is really old, powerups were not even added back then. The ad remover was added around the version 4.(insert a number here) based in all my testing with old AB versions, I may be very wrong though.
    Do they even update the Amazon Appstore version? I may check it out.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Don't play Angry Birds Classic with mobile data!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.