Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

Viewing 12 replies - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Replies
  • Victor
    @victor

I agree with @optimuspig. My transformers are almost all level 11. And that will likely be the moment that I quit as well. Basically it’s all grinding. Not a lot of fun.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well I’m glad that you guys still find this game enjoyable.

—–

The way I see it, there are really three approaches to the game:

1. You’re in it simply to blow things up. Ranking up is purely an incidental endeavor (you’re collecting all those coins anyway, may as well upgrade, right?) plus you still need to level up high enough to avoid instadeath. So this is fine (as long as you can get yourself up to L11 so that you’re not instantly dying).

2. You’re in it for the endgame. Getting to rank 405 (rank 250 before the latest update) is all that matters. In this case, stable gameplay (i.e. running nodes) is irrelevant, because you can earn far more coins, gems, and special materials by harvesting and doing missions than you ever would from node runs. Unless you’re also in it for the Achievements, in which case you’re kind of stuck.

(Speaking of Achievements I’ve pretty much given up, since I only have 499 / 5000 miles in the “Roll Out!” achievement despite playing this game for eight months and being at Rank 293 – stupid bugs).

But otherwise getting to Rank 405 shouldn’t be particularly difficult, just extremely time consuming. I’m curious how long it will take for the first person on this forum to announce that they’ve reached Rank 405, but I’m guessing it won’t be for at least another six months (maybe closer to twelve), unless they decide to spend a pile of money buying gems.

And of course, by that time Rovio will probably have moved the goalposts. Again.

3. A bit of both. You love to blow stuff up and you want to rank up to prove your overall progress in the game. Probably the most difficult, and time consuming, and frustrating of the three options, because you need to manage the challenges of both (1) and (2). For example, on more than one occasion I’ve had all six of my active nodes blocked by TFs that were off on a mission!

—–

For me, my main problem is that my personality is either all-in or all-out. Either I’m going to put my all into the game (for example login in every 4 hours to harvest, run some nodes in between that, and manage my missions) or I’m going to drop the thing entirely. There’s really nothing I can do about that, it’s just the way I am. So I have to make the decision soon, and Rank 297 seems like a good time to do it. The game is already sucking away 2+ hours of my day, every day, so I really shouldn’t be continuing on if I’m not truly enjoying it.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

I just deleted the game. Mainly because I can only play the easy lvl nodes with my TF’s (lvl 7 and lvl 8) after update, not going to do that for weeks and weeks in a row before I reach lvl 11 (what you need to avoid insta death).
    Also with only 6 active nodes, most of the time 3 to 4 nodes are occupied by mission TF’s or the medium/hard lvl which I can’t finish at moment.
    If i’m lucky I play 1 or 2 nodes a day.
    So the prospect of only collecting coins, playing 1 or 2 nodes (then have to wait again for the next, which varies from min. to hrs and also could be medium / hard / or mission TF)per day, and start some missions. Doing that till TF’s are lvl 11, NO THANKS!!!

Don’t get me wrong at first the game was great and enjoyed it, but then you reach that point where all the waiting and/or bugs just kills the game.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Also with only 6 active nodes, most of the time 3 to 4 nodes are occupied by mission TF’s or the medium/hard lvl which I can’t finish at moment.”

^ This

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Finally, since the most recent iOS update, I can actually run nodes and not experience inst-death. I haven’t been plagued by the crashing that @optimuspig and others have been experiencing, so my level of irritation and frustration has dropped a bit in the last week. I think my TFs are closing in on a 50/50 split on level 10s and level 11s (can’t get a full accounting as some on on missions, etc.). I send out level 10s who experience insta-death on easy missions, and usually get 5 keys and don’t care that they aren’t available to play nodes. A couple times a day, I drop in, collect mission loot, then play all the nodes that were tied up on missions, sometimes it’s convenient to take down an eggbot with a deciptihog to work on that achievement, only if the timing is right and it only costs me a gem. Eggbots seem to wandering further afield to nodes that haven’t been opening up since November or December. The nodes opening up are mostly easy and medium again…maybe that’s linked to rank? Or maybe skywarping so many impossible nodes cleared them out?

Would hate to see @optimuspig leave this forum…always has great advice!

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Thanks @20qmindreader :)

I’d hate for @optimuspig to stop playing too.

Scott
    @fsck101

6 active nodes, eh? I haven’t seen more than 5, and usually only 4. Sometimes 3.

It is getting a bit tiring. I had 12 TFs at lvl10 when the last update dropped and made them all pretty much worthless. Spent the last few weeks upgrading my lvl10s to lvl11s. Then I’ll need to get started on the rest that are lvl9.

Perhaps the Coming Soon areas will bring some interest back….

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Wow, even after getting over the L10-to-L11 hump, you still have to be super careful. I especially love the beach nodes where towards the end, after AstroTrain has zoomed in (and you’ve lost the ability to call your buddy) you get swarmed by kamikaze pigs. Not really a problem if you’ve got EMP or Shields or a reasonably rapid-firing weapon, but it’s a total bloodbath with a slow shooter like Galvatron who’s got the Energon Airstrike, to boot.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Bumblebee is the worst transformer, due to insta death he was unable to clear the Very Hard levels so upgraded him to L11, still he was unable to complete the Hard node hence upgraded him to L12, and now again he is unable to complete the Medium node so upgrading him to L13.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sumitarora15

I find that his main defect is that his special ability is the Energon Airstrike which generally sucks.

I find that being extremely aggressive with the airstrike (don’t wait until you have it charged to L3) helps. Also if I know I’m going to have problems with a level I just transform and zoom through as many problem areas as possible, I won’t even try to fight my way through.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Actually it’s a 4 hour mission node hence a pretty big mission and airstrike have no effect on the flying pigs and even the shotgun pigs. Even if I transform and run they all hit me especially the flying pigs. As if they are yelling at me
    “YOU SHALL NOT PASS”

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Rovio!! Nerf the DIFFICULTY settings

Viewing 12 replies - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.