Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Miracle happened: i reached boss room only with Matilda, drop the egg, it was enough to destroy structures as much Boss started bouncing on trampoline and hit the walls, Matilda disappeared, i expected that game ends and i need to spend gems or play DC again but no – Boss died. It took few minutes.

11/10 1st attempt; 250 black feathers.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Agree with Angry Beaver. Some of these just take time of few minutes (1 over the weekend took 7 mins) with the chef pig tends to go off course every few loops or bounces. You just hope you have 1 extra bird so you can just wait for it. But no they expect you to pay with gems!!!

Mighty Screamer-ingame
    @simon-mosegaard

For the first time in (my) history I went all the way – through both challenges – on the first try. No gems spended.

The first challenge was pretty easy. The second was pure luck… Will probably never happen again :D

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

10/14 1st attempt; 3 pepper. Easiest boss ever, just little touch with blues and boss was gone with the wind.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

10/17 Red’s Rumble: You’ll be paying gems for sure to finish this one.

Buildings that don’t collapse, pigs that take 4x hits and don’t pop, birds that strike and do nothing, hidden scuba pigs, laser beam pigs, balloon pigs, flowers that shoot debris into nowhere purposely and everything on little balloon platforms all over the room.

Boss room is King Pig on a floatie that you’re supposed to send down the waterfall but of course can get stuck on something right above it, where few birds can even hit him. I finally knocked him into the waterfall with my last bird, he was slowly drifting towards the edge and the game stopped, and asked for gems to continue. I had to pay just in time to watch him go over the edge. >:-|

100% aggravation and cheap shots on the player and 0% fun.

PS> take in some hot pepper spells to pop the scuba pigs floating under rock formations that take 3 birds to reach.

Penz
    @penz

Bit of a pain getting to the king pig but once there managed to kill him with the 2 birds I had. If you use the right birds on the right structures the debris can take care of the scuba pigs.

Kt
    @ktcain

I did use 60 gems to complete each of them. Glad to have the Pearls and glad to see a couple of gifts in the DC. Gifts seem to be drying in my DC rounds. It has helped me that I liked the AB Rio set where I got practice playing underwater to free the Dolphins and other challenges. I didn’t have the problems AngryPlayer speaks of. The Game can be so individual, and sometimes it’s against you, plain and simple. Today the wind was at my back for the most part.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

Well I just learned 2 new things:

1. Don’t trust Rovio

2. In the KPC when you fail and you get the “Buy In or Close” message, at the bottom of the screen it says “Giving Up will reset your progress in the King Pig challenge.

So I gave up to start again from the beginning.

Next screen everything was greyed out saying “TIME’S UP, YOU LOST”

Where the heck is my “progress reset???” Rovio you should change that message to say,
    Giving up will forfeit your chances of playing any further in the King Pig Challenge.

I get it that there is a time limit but if I’ve surpassed that time limit I should get a message notifying me that giving will can the thing entirely. I actually thought I could keep playing and now it’s done for the day.

Wow you can’t rely on anything this game does anymore.

Putte
    @puttekula

LOL, Angry Player plays Angry Birds. Stop that whining and give them back…

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

It’s bad program execution.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

KPC should have 20 mins, even 30 mins. Given the screen loading etc there is no way anyone can play thru all the rooms/screens to the boss screen in 10 mins! 10 mins will get you through 2 rooms if all go smoothly and quickly. They should give you enough time to do it once.

Also we should be allowed to decide when the time limit starts.

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

You don’t have to finish the whole KPC in 10 minutes – as long as you complete each level, you can keep going as long as you have birds. But if you run out of birds, you can’t restart if 10 minutes has elapsed.

If you finish the Daily Challenge and want to wait to start the KPC, then just close the app before you acknowledge your 30 black pearls. When you open the app back up (even beyond 10 minutes), the KPC will load up and you can play it at that time.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I didn’t think you could restart the KPC at all. My understanding was that you got one shot at it, and you got 10 minutes to start it from the time the screen popped up asking you to play (which, for me at least, is always immediately after returning to the map upon completing the DC).

What’s annoying about the KPC being a one-shot deal is that I can no longer pause in the middle of an AB2 level, turn my screen off or go to another app, and have AB2 remember my progress when I return to it. It always restarts the app and acts as though I had quit the previous attempt. This could be due to an iOS update or some other setting changing behind my back on my phone, I guess. But I used to be able to pause in the middle of the DC, KPC, or even an Arena run, and come back to it hours later with my progress unaffected. I don’t think this has anything to do with the time limit, as it even happens even if click the screen off and then turn it right back on again.

I’ve had to completely change my approach to the DC and KPC as a result of this. I used to play a level or two of either challenge when I had a few minutes of downtime at work, knowing I could pause at any moment and pick up wherever I left off later. Now, I can basically only do it when I have the time to commit to finishing the DC and KPC all in one go without restarting or switching apps. (Meaning I have to hope no one calls my phone in the middle of it.) That’s the equivalent of 8 normal AB2 levels in a row. (6 in practice, since the trick where I quit the app if I’m losing the third level of the DC, and can pick up from the beginning of the third level of the DC after restarting, still works.) That’s easily over half an hour of gameplay, and a longer break than I can usually afford to take during the work day. Meaning I don’t want to load up the app at all if my 8 hours to play the DC is going to run out before the end of the work day. Meaning I often have to make a choice between playing a few Arena runs in the morning before heading to work, or actually having time to finish the DC/KPC after I get off in the evening.

Penz
    @penz

Nope, you can restart it as many times as you want, as long as it’s in the 10 minute window. And once you’re in you can take as long as you want to complete it.

Not sure if you do this already but if not, once you clear a stage in the DC & KPC if you fail the next one just do a forced exit and when you log back in you carry on from the level you just failed, saves you reverting back to stage one all the time. Lot less hassle.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@penz – I already do that to save myself from repeating the first two levels of the DC (since the boss level is the only one that gives me trouble anyway). I’ve never been successful with this same trick in the KPC, but that might just be because I only ever fail the boss level there as well, and by the time I get there, my 10 minutes are up anyway.

SmokyG
    @smokyg

At one point I was enjoying KPC, now I just ignore it after DC. I don’t mind losing bit everyday is a bit much. I may try it once in awhile, just to get to boss level and run out of birds before the boss room
    Smh

Anonymous

Today’s daily challenge for Terrence is ridiculous. I get to the boss no problem, a few times with 4 birds but I can’t un stick the boss pig from the magnet pads. I even hit some blue blocks with the useless blue bird and it didn’t break. The bomb bird and Terrence just don’t have that oomph since the update.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

Today’s Daily Challenge, Blues challenge was pretty easy. Took the Boss out first time thanks to a Bird Bomb to the bandaged up knoggin.

Penz
    @penz

You are right , Matilda is now hopeless. She used to be great for taking out 2 structures in one go, send her one way and the bomb the other and BOOM!, job done. Do the same thing now and both structures remain relatively unscathed, even the one hit by the bomb, amazing.

Crash Thunders
    @carl-phythian

The odd one, I find impossible. 40% of the time I will need to spend 60 gems to off the pig boss. A handful of times, I’ve completed it with birds to spare. The bitchingest one is the one where king pig is directly below you, and if you don’t have a bomb to blow the seal holding him up, you haven’t a prayer. Even when you gamble your 60 gems, the game purposefully won’t give you a bomb as one of your three. That is frustrating. Still love the challenge, however.

Der Alte
    @rdh91007

Remember birds will ricochet off walls.

snappy
    @snap

Both DC and KPC today were 1-hit wonders (Terrence for DC, Silver for KPC). And then it all went downhill as I lost 4 straight round 1s in arena from unforced errors.

Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

Also easy 1-try Silver yesterday, second KPC so far without gems and spells.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

11/12 Today’s DC was quite easy, strike with blues. KPC was harder, i had to spent 60 gems for 3 birds, however i needed only one. Why no videobird in DC’s?

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

Bomb’s Blast DC first time through and KPC pretty easy got the 50 pearls and leveled up my sling both without spending gems.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.