Crash mod during competition

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Crash mod during competition

• Have crashed a minimum of 2 of the 4 chances. No way I’m using gems to piss away on crashes.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • ED209
    @ed209

Everyone seems to be having good this issue during the event.

First day for me I lost about 10 runs due to this and the new hard update didn’t fix any of these issues, day two was not so bad but still had a number of crashes loosing the event node. Not going to be using gems either as it seems to crash more than allowing you to do the nodes.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Same here yesterday only completed 4 event runs out of I don’t know 20 as the rest all crashed.
    These crashes are a pain but I would put up with them if they never removed a run when it crashes, you lose a run if it crashes before the run starts crazy

Googs
    @ncaddy

Yep I agree. It wouldn’t be the hardest thing to put into the program to give the run back to the user if it crashes.

Rovio is flat out stealing from anyone who has paid for Gems.

ED209
    @ed209

I’m not using any gems in this event and all im after is the sparks with three accessories.

so far got 3160 tokens and I need 5k so hoping its doable even with the crashing.

So far to try and combat the crashing issue I wait till 3 x charges are ready, turn my phone off for a few minutes and then turn it back on and load up ABTF.

so far I have only had the game crash once and that was before I started doing the above.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@ncaddy

“It wouldn’t be the hardest thing to put into the program to give the run back to the user if it crashes.”

I can see one problem with doing something like this:

How can the app tell the difference between a run that crashes and one where the player deliberately “hard” closes the app? In both cases, the run suddenly ends, the app closes out, and you’re back on your phone or tablet’s home screen.

I can see certain players taking advantage of this, and just hard closing every time they see a run they don’t like, until they get one they do like (e.g. a Boss Pig or Unicron run) knowing that they’ll never loses recharges for it.

I’m not in any way defending Rovio, but I can see a lot of potential problems with something like this.

Googs
    @ncaddy

@optimuspig yeah you are probably right. If they knew the cause of the problem then they would fix it……or would they??? I would have thought they would have some decent error trapping in their code that could tell the difference between a crash and a user closing the program…..Maybe not.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@ncaddy

This app is so bug-ridden that Rovio/Exient probably doesn’t have the first clue what’s causing the various problems.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Crash mod during competition

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.