OFFICIAL – there is a glitch (Confusion over tournament scores)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum OFFICIAL – there is a glitch (Confusion over tournament scores)

• Have played from day 1, and have highest score on at least 3 occasions but only been 3rd or 4th when results show, other times had lower score than others and come 1st….. How rovio? Is there a cumulative score during the day or just highest score. Very ? confused I am. Brilliant game though, best yet!

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • dpage
    @dpage

The score is only good for a day and is reset each day at 00UTC.

EDIT: the levels in the tournament are different every day and obviously some are harder to earn score than others.

david007
    @david007

I realise the score is only valid for 1 day and closes at 01.00 get but is it a cumulative score that increases the more you play or only the highest registered score in one play. I was in fifth last night, played 7 times during the day and came 1st when tournament closed. ????????

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@david007 I have also noticed this. A couple of times, I’ve been in lead and ended up being 4th or 10th when results given. On one occasion, I was declared first, when I had been fourth when I last checked.
    It seems to be completely arbitrary.

david007
    @david007

Thanks Triggerfish, I’m glad I’m not the only one, there isn’t an explanation as to how the daily tournament works. Very confusing. Thanks for the reply.

epicbird
    @filipersr

It happens because some players are cheating the tournament but Rovio servers are punishing them when the tournament ends.

david007
    @david007

Hi Epicbird that’s very interesting to know. But still confused as if I go on it once or twice I’m 4th or 5th but if I go on it every three hours and play twice (with free turn) I end up in first. Surprised they have found cheats already on Android devices though, I know they cheat on laptops, interesting thought that, thankyou

epicbird
    @filipersr

@david007 i saw impossible scores in my leagues. While i had 922 K using power ups some players reached almost 1200 K but previous they can’t reaches 900 K until last hour. I’m glad to see that punishing.

david007
    @david007

I have contacted our friends at Rovio for clarification and will post their reply when I receive it….. Played 8 times yesterday (Friday) and my highest score put me into 2nd yet at close of play I was awarded 1st place with 50 feathers. Mmmmmm something fishy happening me thinks!

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

Sort of like my Leaderboard today.
    I’m in 9th 656,581.
    All the Scores up to 3rd looks doable ( 3rd is 755,918 )
    2nd is 906,806 ( Probably can be done with a Space Eagle or Chili Power-up at the start )
    1st is a Staggering 1,213,571 ( which is almost 12-13 1 Bird Levels ) which I don’t see possible without some dirty means.

david007
    @david007

Hi tinostar 11, nice to make your acquaintance, well my theory has worked, I complete the Angry Birds 2 daily tournament twice every 3 hrs and come first each time now, it has to be the total aggregate score over the day and not just the highest single score. Try it and get substantial scores and see what happens, and get back to me tomorrow if that’s OK or anyone else who reads this. Many thanks UK-DAVE

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

Late yesterday I was in 11th place but came out top when I checked this morning. The people just above me had had only slightly higher scores, so can’t have been punished for cheating.
    While it was nice to get the top prize, it makes me wonder what the point of competing more than once a day in the tournament would be. It really seems completely arbitrary.
    Any response from Rovio yet, david007?

david007
    @david007

Hi Triggerfish, well that’s my theory proved again, how many times did you play?. I was 3rd in the league the other day but played 12 times and amassed over 7,000,000 pts and came in 1st place at close of play. Rovio did reply and gave me an ambiguous reply saying the highest score wins, so I’ve sent another mail to ask highest single score or aggregate score? Playing every 3 hrs gives all players an equal opportunity to compete but I think only your highest score is shown to show others what can be achieved. Well done Triggerfish, keep up the good work my friend!

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

Hi david007, I only played the tournament 2 or 3 times yesterday, so I don’t think I would have had a high aggregate score. I think there’s something fishy going on, lol!

david007
    @david007

Until others twig on maybe they’re only playing once or twice a day and don’t realise what’s required in order to win!

sal9
    @sal9

@david007 All, The highest score in the tournament wins the top prize. I don’t believe Rovio factors in the number of times you play, or any cumulative formula. It should be a straight forward tournament.

Then again, you might have experienced a glitch.

david007
    @david007

Hi sal9, unlike the Angry Birds friends tournamen, I think Rovio have factored in that having two attempts every three hours makes it more competitive and fairer for those who get consistent scores on a regular basis. Too many players have told me they’ve been 3rd,4th and income instance 11th, played every 3 hrs and then came 1st. Early days I guess and no doubt we’ll find out in time. Still confusing though sal9.!

david007
    @david007

Hi sal9, last night I was second in league, played 9 times during the day and came away with 50 feathers in first place even though I only had the second highest score. Until other players cotton on that it’s not just the single highest score as in AB Friends weekly tournament, you should find if good scores are registered that you win that day. Good luck!

david007
    @david007

Rovio have told me there is a discrepancy in the scoring system and when it eventually gets sorted it will be the single highest score that wins the league each day and not an aggregate score over the 24 hrs. So at the moment if you come in 3rd for example you may be awarded 1st place!

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

Thanks for following this up for us all, @david007.

david007
    @david007

Your very welcome @triggerfish, we’re all in this together!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@david007 — Very interesting! Last time I looked earlier today, I was in 8th, but at the end I came in 1st!

dpage
    @dpage

Interesting… I also got #1 quite a number of times when the leaderboard showed I’m #4 or #5. And then there are those near impossible scores.. somebody on the board gets 1.3m today, compared to around 800k most people are getting and around 1m the second place achieves. That guy also did 1.2m a few days ago when most people managed 700k. That looks fishy.

david007
    @david007

@dpage point noted but I think some are using their spells too to achieve some of those scores but even so they do so exorbitant

dpage
    @dpage

@david007 That same guy did 1.2m again in the first round after daily reset. Sounds pretty incredible to me, even with spells. The next best player got 1m. I’d say 900k is reasonable and 1m if lucky, but unless you’ve 3 or 4 mighty eagles I have no clue how to get 1.2m.

Before the worldwide release the tournament always only counted your best attempt and not aggregate in any means. So it’s kinda weird they mess up this in the current version. I’m guessing the lag is also to blame since sometimes you need several tries to get into the arena just after the reset time.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum OFFICIAL – there is a glitch (Confusion over tournament scores)

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.