Cloud support ending for older games

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Cloud support ending for older games

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Replies
  • Brian N
    @briann

Let’s be honest they’ve been messing with our heads since they invented this brilliant game!

jrsquonk
    @jrsquonk

I contacted Rovio over two issues I had.  One was that all my coins and gems got suddenly zeroed out.  The other was over the end of cloud support.  After the usual weeks of waiting, I got the following replies:

For the coins issue:

Kinga (Rovio Entertainment Corporation)

Apr 10, 2022, 4:26 UTC

Hi again,

Thank you for replying.

Please know that we have released a renewed version of Angry Birds Classics and there is no possibility to combine progress from the previous one.

If there is anything else you need assistance with, please feel free to reach out to us again! Also please check out our official FAQ as some of the questions might be covered there.

Best regards,

Kinga
    Rovio Player Support Team

For the cloud issue:
    Kinga (Rovio Entertainment Corporation)

Apr 10, 2022, 4:24 UTC

Hello there,

thanks for contacting us. My name is Kinga and I will be answering your message!

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We are continuously working on improving the game and providing the best experience possible, and feedback from our players is an important part of that process. So thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! I will forward your suggestion to our developers. :)

If there is anything else you need assistance with, please feel free to reach out to us again! Also please check out our official FAQ as some of the questions might be covered there.

Best wishes,

Kinga
    Rovio Player Support Team

OK, me again.  Pretty much generic replies indicating they will do nothing.   Not happy.  Could they at least allow us to transfer our scores to the newly released version of ABO?

jrs

jrsquonk
    @jrsquonk

Whelp, it happened.  I updated the OS on my Android tablet.  When I tried to boot up AB, it said an update was required.  When I went to the Amazon Appstore, it said that this version of AB was incompatible with the device.  Don’t think it’s going to be fixed.  I did download the reboot version of the game.  It is missing a lot of levels and it plays a bit differently.  And it did not import the scores from the old game.  *sigh*  Not a good day.

Brian N
    @briann

Hi @jrsqonk, sorry to hear about your issues. I don’t understand how these things work (or don’t work in this case) but I do know the two versions of the game are incompatible. Have you any thoughts on what’s causing the problem?

I haven’t been able to play ABO online for a while now only in airplane mode but my scores etc are intact. I did though lose progress on Seasons due to a Facebook error so have had to start from ground zero. Very annoying as it’s now impossible to collect all of the birdwear.

Sorry I can’t help you with the technical stuff but hope you get it sorted, maybe @grammyk is still around she might be able to suggest something.

jrsquonk
    @jrsquonk

Thanks for the concern!  I did find a work-around yesterday.  I have an older tablet with a working ABO on it.  I will not update the OS on that one and keep it offline.  It won’t phone home to Rovio so they will not have updated scores, but at least I can keep my records here.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@jrsquonk, yes, best and only solution!

@briann
    , lol, I do not read here much anymore but get an email when pinged with @ sign, feel free to ping anytime

I will drop some screenshots in another reply of document I wrote for my ab2 clan about some of these issues .

Brian N
    @briann

Hey @grammyk, when you get busy you really get busy. Thanks for the info. Best option to use ios? But am I right in thinking that new iPhones won’t allow download of older AB games?

Glad you found a workable solution @jrsqonk.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@briann , i am a huge apple fan for a long time now, so lucky to be able to preserve my old games. Unfortunately, yes, no way (that i know how to do) to get the old games onto a new device and most won’t work anyways, but i still recommend apple for future gaming.

finding an older device:

on android, files called apk or something can be found and loaded onto an older device – I don’t know how to do it & will probably never have the devices to learn

on apple, I don’t know the file names or how to do it lol, might learn some day when I’m not so busy.

EDIT quick bit of research, ios locked down tight, I appreciate that as it keeps my data safe.

apk files downloaded manually to android devices could possibly contain malicious code able to steal personal information, one reason I switched to apple many years ago.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Option 3:

Only available for a few AB apps via amazon on Fire 8 tablets (good dirt cheap, especially when on sale, “light” gaming device)

Available:  (plus match & pop – 2 versions – I have zero interest in)
    If a person wants their stuff to last forever like me, investment is worth it.

Download all offline games you like, then, keep the device off wifi

OR

To play online games (if they still work), use Google to learn how to prevent OS upgrades from destroying the old games in the future.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Cloud support ending for older games

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.