Classic Angry Birds games are back to the Google Play

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Classic Angry Birds games are back to the Google Play

• Hello there fellow flingers!

This time I’m gonna talk about something very interesting regarding most of classic AB titles.
    Alright, here we go!

At some point of this year, Rovio decided for some weird reason (probably because of the last games they have been releasing) to hide most of classic AB games from the Play Store, these are Rio, Space and Star Wars (I and II).
    Good news is that now after some months seems like they changed their mind and recently brought back again all those games!

But that’s not all… You can now get the HD versions of Space and Star Wars for free!
    They also updated all the mentioned games, but before you get excited, they didn’t add any new content, just bug fixes.

In my opinion this is just a desperate attempt from Rovio to get back some users since they are not doing well with their last games.
    But the thing that they brought back all these games and put the HD versions of Space and Star Wars for free is much appreciated and makes me think they are kinda getting back to their roots.

You can easily go to the Google Play page of all the mentioned games from the links below:

Angry Birds Rio

Angry Birds Space

Angry Birds Space HD

Angry Birds Star Wars

Angry Birds Star Wars HD

Angry Birds Star Wars II

And last but not least, all this information is regarding the Google Play Store only. I don’t know if they hid these games from the App Store as well since I don’t own any Apple device; so if any iOS user(s) can confirm me that, I will be pleased to add that information to the post and the App Store links for the games!

That’s all for now, see you soon flingers!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Those games never went anywhere. I have seeing them in my Play Store for ever. The only change that I noticed about 2 months back are that the HD versions became free. But other than that, none of the games were removed. Don’t know what you’re on about.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

They do were hidden. I tried searching for AB Space on the Google Play and it wasn’t in the search results and when I went to Rovio developer page, none of the games I mentioned were on the full list of their games either. (This was about 3 months ago iirc)
    The only solution was to search for the direct link of each game.
    There’s also some recent ratings of people that is glad about the games are back.

What happened with these games is similar to what they did with Jolly Jam, a Rovio Stars game. It was “removed” in October, 2015 but you can still download from the Play Store if you have the direct link.
    This happens because it was not removed at all, they just hid it so you can’t find it by normal searching, exactly what they did with the AB games.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Regardless, this information will be great when I’m finally able to beef up my old desktop enough to emulate Android.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

That’s neat! I bet the HD games will look great in such a big screen like a PC monitor.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@joseantonio FYI, devs don’t “hide” apps. The store in question does that. Specifically on Google Play, incompatible apps (due to various reasons) are not shown in the search. That’s who Google Play is coded in. It’s only after the devs update the said app with more compatibility modules, then the search works normally afterwards.

Rovio does update their older apps with “Bug fixes and improvements” message every so often. That’s what they are doing. Updating the apps for newer Google Play versions for older apps that initially was built for an older version. That is your actual explanation instead of this devs hiding stuff.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@datguygamer I already knew about incompatible apps don’t show up in the search results (though my phone was compatible with AB games all the time) but I didn’t know about the rest. That’s really interesting!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@joseantonio It’s not about your phone being compatible but rather the Google Play Store and Google Play Services apps.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@datguygamer Yeah, I see. Thank you for the info!

willistrong
    @willistrong

That very nice game! My kids are always praying in it. It’s ridiculous :)

By the way, somebody here is using google play credits? Can you make money using it?

‘Cause I’ve found a service that provides free credits, and I’m interested if I can make money somehow.
    Is here somebody using it? I’ll be very pleased for your help.

Here is the link of that service

https://yourmoneygeek.com

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Classic Angry Birds games are back to the Google Play

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.