Clan vs Clan Score Doesn't Make Sense

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Clan vs Clan Score Doesn't Make Sense

• I’ve logged this with Rovio, but perhaps some of the more experienced folks here can shed some light on what’s going on?

Any help appreciated!

Dear Rovio,

Could you please explain why my clan has the higher score in clan vs clan, yet we are indicated as losing? Is this a bug?

My clan is 22% ahead on points addition but 12% behind in score.

More detail:

At 2pm Australian EST, my clan “Grafters” was battling clan “Angry Bird Game”
    62 players had played in total.

On the win/lose dial “Grafters” was 1,863 points indicating a loss, with 36 played, and a total addition of scores being: 886,539,667.

On the win/lose dial “Angry Bird Game” was 2,048 points indicating a win, with 26 played, and a total addition of scores being ONLY: 725,934,641.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • RuneChan
    @preeocrunescape

Scores do not matter. Placements and how many eggs you got do. Those 26 players might have got a lot of high important placements that got them a lot of eggs and some of your clan members might’ve just been under the opposing clans scores indicating the high score but low egg count.

in short: hiscores are nothing, eggs/placements are. You can win a lot more eggs, with fewer higher levels players

Yue
    @yue-zhang

you must be very new to this game/clan battle. if your clan lose, read all info about the leaderboard, do some research, then you would know why your clan lose. It’s plain and simple.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@yue-zhang, plain and simple? If the scores don’t matter (as most people would expect), then why are they even shown? Why not just show only “egg count” or whatever matters?

I was going to rant here (about lazy game developers etc.), but decided not to. It makes my age to show a bit too much. ;)

jet-s-jones
    @jet-s-jones

Why not a cumulative total? As it is now if you improve your score and move an egg bracket you may move a clan mate down a bracket and negate your efforts. Players with low Flock power but awesome skill percentages and very good scores are also not really rewarded for their effort because the egg bracket points are so low at the bottom places. When a 40% shooter with high flock power contributes so much more in points than a lower flock power player with a 100% skill set then the scoring only favors duration of game playing time.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@rawdatasyster

The poster add up total score, not a single player. That’s why I said he should read through the leaderboard..as it’s plain and simple for anyone to read.

By the way, I am not arguing the score/egg system. Just address the leaderboard as it show currently.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@yue-zhang, well… you know better than me. No argument there, either. ;)

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Jet-s-jones, I see one of the members reply to your question. I wouldn’t be surprised if you felt it wasn’t addressed in a very warm and understanding way, actually it wasn’t answered at all. I guess we should consider just how lucky they are to know every little thing there is to know about this ever changing game. I myself have only been playing a very short 9 months or so and I still have to ask about things and I’m not saying your new but I’m sure every new player doesn’t know everything there is about the game. I believe asking questions is one if the things this site encourages us to do so I don’t think members should be ignored or shut down right away when they take the tie to ask one. I may get negative responses and that’s ok, again I’m not one of the fortune ones that know everything about the game. However I do hope everyone feels welcome and comfortable to ask a question, that they won’t be judged or made to feel stupid for asking, not that you did by the way, there is no stupid or wrong question afterall, people wouldn’t ask if they already know right.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Btw-I didn’t know about egg scoring so I learned something by your question and I’m sure I’m not the only one either, that’s another benefit of asking questions. I too thought the scores were based on the scores posted, makes perfect sense to me, your score is based on scores but now I’ll check with my clan to see if everyone knows. We have 50 in our awesome clan, it has not only awesome players but really awesome people and I feel lucky I’ve come to know a lot of them being a member. Every player counts despite how big or small the score and our  motto isn’t about scores but it’s about having fun playing andyou only have to play once, no minumins required to join. Maybe that relaxed attitude has helped us remain undefeated and the reason I always seem to post the highest score every battle where every member counts. We do like to win don’t get me wrong, so thanks to your question again I will be checking with my clan, Go Tamago!!!, to see if everyone understands and I guarantee you a lot if not all of them aren’t aware of this egg count thing why would they it doesn’t really make sense at least to me, so again thank you for for question and once again Go Tamago!!!

RealGrafter!
    @realgrafter

Folks, thanks for your great responses…. learned lots… and agree that’s why we’d post a question and elicit some learning. Again thank you and for your words of encouragement.

@yue-zhang
    If you don’t have something informative or useful to say, why are you wasting your time and my time posting at all?

RealGrafter!
    @realgrafter

To add something useful to the body of knowledge:

Clan balancing is the key. My clan, and many others follow the “score” line in terms of distribution of people by flock power. So think of the score line as Numbers of people by FP – which isn’t quite true because it doesn’t count individual performance but good enough for the illustrattion.

Compare this to the egg line – so the optimum clan will have a distribution of members  by FP which is similar to the egg line. In our case, the middle is too high (or another way, we don’t have enough super top) which means our Total FP is high due to high average FP, but them we get kicked by the opposition who has similar Total FP but it is made up by more super top players and a long tail of relatively lower.

See pic:

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@realgrafter

why I said it’s plain and simple?

when clan battle ended, it will show you a screen telling you which clan won, right? and you could see it depends on how many EGGs your clan had got, nothing else. So why you add up the total score? it’s not directly related to the result.

For me, it’s like, in baseball, one team said, we have more hits…why we lose? well, I would think, because you had not scored a point…..it’s plain and simpe…the rule is clear, point is the only key to decide which team to win, not the hits….

Back to ab2 clan battle, egg is the only thing to decide which team to win. that’s why I regard your add-up total score as useless….

Of course you could argue the egg distribution is not fair but it’s not what I am talking about on last post.

Lastly, your study on FP is impressive….and that’s why you could see some strong clans are recruiting low FP players recently…..most of them see the same thing as you do,

edited:should be hits, not strikes…sorry for mistakes.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@yue-zhang, I don’t know the terms of baseball, but the way I see it, “egg = home run”. Basically in AB2 CvsC the team with more home runs wins – Not the one with the higher score. That is why it seems so peculiar and counterintuitive to me.

That is, unless I’ve misunderstood something completely, of course.

luvtub
    @luvtub

For CVCs, opposing clans are matched up (though not perfectly) based on the sum of FPs for every member of each clan. An “ideal distribution” of FPs in a given clan would thus match the distribution curve of the egg scores because such a distribution would optimize the chances of a given clan member having a higher FP than the corresponding member (along the FP curve) of an opposing clan.

For a given throw, awarded score is destruction (100% of a given room = 100K points) multiplied by the power of the bird thrown. So, inequalities within a given flock aside (looking at Hal and Stella in particular), player effort and skill matter to the degree that they influence how far the resulting score can put the player away from where he or she resides on the FP distribution curve. THAT’S where score matters – for individual players. Total clan score is insignificant.

RealGrafter!
    @realgrafter

Completely agree. I have a separate graph that also shows how each player has performed against their normalised FP – mine and opponent. So in an ideally optimised clan strength distribution (egg line), a goal for each player is to perform better by score than the player immediately above them from the opposing team which means that they land further up the egg line / rank. Of course, super performance, jumping many ranks is the ideal. It becomes easy to find who are the standouts (through greater skill and/or repeat plays) vs the laggards who play through to tick the box without any focus on high performance.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

I used to run a data anaysis on clan mates, by battle rank against FP rank of our clan times 2 (FP rank *2)

If the result is 0 or negative number, it indicates this mate has performed well or outperformed against her/his FP. The more negative number, the better she/he has done in battle. On the contrary, if the number is positive, it means no-good performance. The higher the number is, the more improvement needed for this player.

equation is simple,

(rank of battle result)- (FP rank of the clan)*2

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Thanks for sharing and explaining your graph RealgGrafter, your named very appropriately too and thats great I might add. I love your graph and understand it, sort of?  I think? I get the blue line clan rank, red score per match, now the eggs…..We are currently in a battle so I just left and I went and looked at the board. The eggs go from 300 in first down to a few players that have 5. The player with the highest score gets 300 eggs, Second 245, third 210ect…and the clan with the most eggs wins, ok thanks now  I get it, it clicked while I was typing too. I hope Rovio calculates clan FP prior to every match since it changes like as members come and go. Our clan is open so we have a majority of new players that pop in, play a match or two, then pop out. We do have a handful of strong  players that show up and play every match but we oso have those that don’t. After 5 months now the past couple we seem to be constitantly at 50/50 members however, of those 50 members I’d say 35% to 50% don’t play for some reason or another every match. Wait, actually we’re lucky to have 20 or 25 show up and play every match. I wonder if they take this into consideration too? because (fingercrossed) we have remained undefeated for a couple of months (We are currently behind so I hope I didn’t jinx us, fingers and now with toes crossed too). Again thanks for the explaination I think I got it and now I have to go pay to play if we are behind and it’s close yikes!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Clan vs Clan Score Doesn't Make Sense

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.