Clan spammers

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Clan spammers

• Any other clan leaders find a way to stop these so-and-so players from jumping into your clan, posting a bunch of messages to steal your members and then leaving? Happened to me twice so far.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

@miscreant, did I see your post on FB AB2 Gamers? If not the issue came up there (and pretty brashly using Clan Chat). Haven’t been poached ourselves but Clan Leaders should band together against the practice.

mscreant
    @mscreant

Thanks…..it is so gross….

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

If that wasn’t you I’d suggest you join the FB page AngryBirds2Gamers; they’ve got a pretty robust network of gamers and Clan Leaders, and this issue should be widely disseminated.

mscreant
    @mscreant

Oh…and no, I have only posted here.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

There’s a new level of gross out there, @miscreant: hackers joining a Clan and taking over a coLeader’s profile to get them banned. Scary stuff!

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@mscreant Try putting your clan on closed, so only members you allow can join.

mscreant
    @mscreant

How does that affect my current members – any idea?

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

@miscreant, it won’t affect them at all; we went from Open during early recruitment to Closed once we were nearly full and have remained Closed ever since. The only impact is that people who seek to join an Open Clan are made Clan members immediately as long as there’s an opening, whereas when they apply to a Closed Clan a “!” appears above your Clan Chat indicating that a potential member is knocking to join; you can see their profile and accept or reject their request.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Inigo, can you say more about this thing about people coming in and taking over a profile? We had something really strange happen yesterday. Something similar to what you say here, but it wasn’t a leader that was attacked.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

@captstern The Clan Leader to whom it happened said she was cool with posting her story of it could help honest Clans, so it’s a lot of FB screenshots but I’ll post it next.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

<u></u><span style=”text-decoration: line-through;”></span>

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Thanks Inigo. That is really, really messed up. Nothing like what happened to our player. Geez though.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

You’re welcome, @CaptSternn, @mscreant & anyone else it serves; I’m sorry about the quality of the screenshots but  I have trouble mounting pix here and my iPhone screen is pretty tiny. The Clan Meg warns about is Beast Power and the player who apparently attacked her Clan went by Diamond & CryBabies; and while I can’t personally confirm the story I can unequivocally vouch for Meg Griffin and must give her the credit for passing this forward. (And if it makes you hesitant to invite anyone new into your Clan, I feel your pain; we’ve come to the point that we almost exclusively chat with prospective members on our Discord site BreakingBeaks.com before inviting them in, both to ensure our mutual compatibility and because of this specific report.)

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

And while we’re on the subject, @captsternn & @mscreant (and anyone else reading this): could you provide the name(s) of the folks who tried to hack you? I’m going to suggest to @ryankochie that we start a list in AB2Gamers so we can be on the lookout (though I’m sure they change their names more often than their underwear.) Thanks in advance for your response.

Inigo

mscreant
    @mscreant

Sadly, I don’t have the name anymore. Will do if it happens again though.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Clan spammers

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.