Change Facebook-Account on AB2

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Change Facebook-Account on AB2

• Hey,

does  anybody know, if  it is possible to change the Facebook-Account for syncing savegame to a new device? I don‘t know anymore my old Facebook-Logindata.

So i wan‘t to change to a new Facebook-Account. But on testing, it was not possible to get savegame on new device. It seems if you change Facebook-Account it will be ignored.

Thanks for your hints.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Take this with grain of salt, as I can’t try this. I don’t do crapbook, so I make local backup copies of save files.

My wild suggestion: If you have an access to old device, copy the save folder and put it to new device after installing AB2 to it and playing a level with it. Then just link your new crapbook account with it and you should be set.

I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will soon tell the correct procedure, if there is one…

Marco.cupra
    @marco-cupra

Okay, thanks i will test it on an emulator on computer. But i think there is a couple between player-id and first used  facebook-acc. I will give you a feedback.

Marco.cupra
    @marco-cupra

I tried it. If i do so, i became a new player-id on AB2 with same savegame from old player-id. But it is a new account in AB2. Did you ever recover your account on this way?

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Oh… I forgot the player ID! That means when I tested local backup, I did not work as intended, after all. Having same player name and savegame, my player ID must be different than earlier. While I don’t have problems with it per se, it obviously it’s not good enough for you.

Let’s try to attract attention of @yue-zhang and while we’re at it, lets add smoke signal for @dezsike and hope they could tell you a better way, being light years ahead of me in the game and knowing more? ;)

Dezsike
    @dezsike

@marco-cupra you must contact Rovio first to unlink your player id from your book account. Then you can log in with a different book account to attach it to your player id and save your progress there. But watch out! You must use a book account that has no AB2 save in it, otherwise it will load the save and overwrite your progress!

@rawdatasystems
    watch out! If you create a new player id and copy your progress into it you may be banned for modifying your account. You should back up your entire game and loat it onto your new device to keep your player id.

Marco.cupra
    @marco-cupra

@dezsike thanks for your advice. How is it possible to back up my entire game and load it to an other device. Only with facebook?

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@dezsike – WUT?! So… the earlier method making local progress backup (that is, without crapbook account) is false? Thanks for letting me know! Looks like this is yet another fuxup we can “thank” Rovio.

Backing up the entire game? Any suggestions for suitable app for that? Titanium Backup?

@marco-cupra
    , my apologies for apparently giving you dangerous suggestion!

Buhbooh
    @shane-boucvalt

I just was able to accomplish this. You need to remove the Angry Birds 2 game from your old Facebook account – from Facebook. Restart angry birds 2, then you can reconnect the game to another Facebook account.

Marco.cupra
    @marco-cupra

@shane-boucvalt on my try yesterday, i did it this way: ab2 was disconnected (why ever), restart game, connect to new facebook, play one level, save to cloud, go to second device (with new game-install) and try to load from new facebook. Without success.

@rawdatasystems
    no problem, it is good to know this way ;-)

@dezsike
    if i understood correctly i could backup and restore app-data to a second device and it should be synchronised because same player-id ???

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Change Facebook-Account on AB2

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.