Cave 5 what birds to use?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cave 5 what birds to use?

• I just started on cave 5 and encountered Ninjas, lot of them. I really hate ninjas, especially master ninja. They have dodge which means the kind of class which I can use is already limited, and master ninja dispels almost everything. My usual class of paladin, princess/priest is not going to work. Also my friends are only level 4 so their birds are useless, so I can only use the two pig ally. Any recommendations and tips on defeating ninjas?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’ve completed all the cave 5 levels with a large variety of birds and all the pig allies. I’d recommend using Rainbird or lightning bird, rogues or samurai or Druid, and one of the pig allies. Prince Porky is generally good for the levels that have undead, but he can be very useful with his tit for tat to let your birds do enough damage to take out the iron clad enemies after you take out the ones with dodge. The marksmen are good when used with the samurai. I think thunderbird would be the best bird to use against ninja, but at 275 LC few people can afford him.

The attack power sweet spot for the ninjas is between 159 (Shoguns ignore anything less than that) and 189 (ninjas dodge more than that). You’ll ideally want your birds attacking with damage somewhere inbetween there even if you have to give them a weaker weapon.

I used the Druid, Samurai, and Skulkers personally. Skulkers would make Matilda poison everyone. Samurai attacks and shields when needed. I used a stun weapon on him since he hits 3 separate times which gives him 3 chances to stun. Druid heals and attacks when she isnt healing. Skulkers go after the Shoguns.

Since you dont have any high leveled friends, I was suggested to use Red as Samurai, Matilda as Princess, and Pigiana as a good combo to for this cave. Prince Porky works as well, but he doesnt have much health in comparison. Piggy McCool works too, but Pigiana has that dispel ability which makes him the most useful.

With Matilda as Princess, Red can protect when needed and use his rage chili on Shoguns and other pigs that do not have the dodge. Matilda directs all pigs onto Red, healing him as needed and Pigiana uses the counter attack on Red as well as dispels those annoying smoke shields. Go for Shoguns first was my strategy when they were there then take out those awful Master Ninjas. Take them out one at a time and you should have no problem with this cave.

Other classes you can mix and match would be Lighting Bird and Rainbird for Chuck.
    Rogues and Marksmen if you want to use the Blues.
    Paladin could work if your other two birds were able to hit the ninjas or you gave him a weaker weapon.

A weapon that stuns is a good idea for Red to have as Samurari. Avoid critical damage weapons as they can miss ninjas. You’re going to want to have your classes upgraded if possible to at least veteran (elite is ideal) and/or make sure your level matches, is very close to, or exceeds the pigs in the cave (they’re level 25). Keep your health up and dont be afraid to use potions if needed. That breath of fire may only take 55 from the birds, but its nearly killed my birds before when they’ve ganged up on one of them. Matilda may not always be able to heal them well so having some potions is important.

Minion Pig
    @minionpig

Thanks. I’m currently level 24, just upgraded my samurai to elite.

Minion Pig
    @minionpig

Stuck at level three. samurai princess combo cannot survive the second wave. Master ninja is practically op.

bouboule
    @bouboule

Combos I used through the cave :
    – Rainbird, druid, skulkers (really good)

– Samurai, mage, princess (the electric shield does a ton of damage, but the master ninja will dispel it).

– Samurai Piggiana and princess (works really well)

– Samurai captain druid (captain dispels, hits the non dodging enemies and can boost the samurai to make him able to hit shoguns)

– Rogues, druid and mage (does a ton of damage, however you’ll need pies and potions)

In general always kill the ninja master first, try to always have a mean to dispel enemy buffs, when you’ve nearly completed a wave, take the time to heal your guys and prepare them for next wave.

You can add me on facebook (bouboule mini, it’s a gaming account) I have level 28 birds veteran and elite that could help you (especially a samurai with the two hammers to stun enemies during 2 turns)

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

I guess I must be missing something, so perhaps someone can give me the details. Where do you get to choose the “pig allies”? I am on iOS and I can choose a friend’s bird, but I am not sure what you are talking about regarding the pig allies. I appreciate any help. Thanks :)

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m also on iOS. Pig allies refers to Piggy McCool, Pigiana Jones and Prince Porky. You can only select those allies when you are in the Chronicle Caves. I would strongly recommend not using the Princess against the ninjas because you don’t want them all to gang up against Red. The Druid or Rainbird makes a much better healer and they can both dish out a lot more damage than the Princess.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

Thanks for the tip @killerkea. I finally found them. They are at the end of my friends list. I’ll have to give this a try :)

PowerMaster
    @powermaster

Add some friends – makes it so much easier =)

Minion Pig
    @minionpig

Is it possible to beat most of the levels with ninja using Samurai, Druid and Pigiana? I am still waiting to upgrade my druid to elite(currently stock), also must I use a borrowed bird instead of pig allies to pass the levels?

Woods
    @chiiyuen0109

@minionpig You may choose pig allies or your friend’s bird.

Minion Pig
    @minionpig

My point is it impossible to defeat the level using pig allies

bouboule
    @bouboule

Normally with piggiana it’s possible, the two others are not suited for this type of fight

PowerMaster
    @powermaster

It does just almost lock you into using red and white birds all the time

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@minionpig I beat the game without having a Facebook account so I had to use the pig allies. That also means I don’t get any bonuses like the extra coin every day, spinning on friend’s pig machine or the daily essence. I also haven’t bought any lucky coins. Using the Samurai, Druid and Pigiana is a poor choice to defeat the ninja because that group doesn’t do enough damage or healing. I was able to defeat the ninja using all 3 different pig allies, but my favorite pig ally to use was Piggy McCool since you will need to use a lot of potions and veggie cake to defeat the ninja. If you have skulkers or thunderbird, then you’ll have an easy time beating the ninja but I don’t have either.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

On my first try I 3 starred cave 5-3 that you are having difficulty with by only using rainbird and rogues with no allies, no potions, no veggie cakes, and no fruit cakes. Hopefully they don’t delete this post because every post I created discussing strategy on how to defeat Lawrence in cave 7-10 has been deleted. I gave a bunch of mathematical explanations for the strategy I recommended.

When I beat the ninja in cave 5 the first time, my birds were level 25 with no set items. Now they are level 29 with 3 level 29 set items (lightning tome, chronos, ballista). Since your birds are weaker than mine you would need to use the rage chili at the beginning of each wave on chuck, then use the rogues to hit the enemies that do the most damage like a ninja bowman if they weren’t hit in the speed of light attack. After that just have chuck heal every round and use potions if that isn’t enough.

When you get to an ironclad enemy you have several options to take him out. You can use the rogues egg surprise or cupcake trap to damage it or if you have prince porky in your party use tit for tat because with the extra damage your rogues will be able to hit the ironclad enemy and his sticky goo does tons of damage.

A lot of people will tell you not to use a weapon that can cause criticals in cave 5 and that is good advice. However I used the ballista which does criticals 23% of the time. That combined with cupcake trap is how I did all the damage to the ironclad enemies. I only used egg surprise once and unfortunately for me it took out the Mandarin instead, but I still 3 starred the level and my birds weren’t even at their maximum health.

Minion Pig
    @minionpig

Wait if Samurai, Druid and Pigiana is not an effective combo, then what should I pair with Pigiana?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Paladin, Princess and Pigiana is very strong, but that doesn’t work against ninja. Paladin, Captain and Pigiana is even better against some bosses. The problem with your selection is that the enemy can attack all 3 birds so Pigiana’s counter won’t be as effective. Also your group doesn’t dish out a lot of damage and it doesn’t do enough healing. I’m sure it is possible to get it to work, but you’ll have to use potions and/or cakes to compensate for the lack of damage and healing that your group does. I’d recommend using chuck and his speed of light rage attack.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cave 5 what birds to use?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.