Cave 13

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cave 13

Viewing 22 replies - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Replies
  • abirds954
    @abirds954

That strategy made the fight very easy.

Interesting note: Twice in the battle, the boss targeted someone other than Red (hadn’t hit with Princess in a few turns) and then I hit with Princess right before boss attacked. First time, boss still hit not Red. Second time, boss hit Red. Screwed up who I cast Paladin’s defense on.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

13-5
    There is clearly at least one variation on the opponents. Unfortunately, I made a mistake on what appeared to be an easier version, and kept getting a hard first wave for several restarts. I must have made a mistake in the last wave, because I lost.
    Opponents do damage to one bird unless it says otherwise. The Brawler was the only opponent who changed strength without changing name.
    These waves don’t seem a evil as when I first tried 13-5, but who knows?
    1: Brawler 15015, 908 to all in 2 turns
    2: Frost Hog 8044, 1362 in 3
    Brawler 7722, 1362 in 3
    3: Brawler 7722,
    Brute 8151. 1905 in 3
    4: Frost Hog
    Brute 8151
    5: Brawler 15015, 908 to all in 2
    6: 2 Frost Hogs, 8044, 1362 in 3
    7: Frost Hog
    Brawler, 7722, 1362 in 3
    8: Frost Hog
    Brute
    Wealthy Rogue
    9: Brawler 15051, 908 to all in 2
    10: Primeval Frost Hog, 21450, 2451 in 3
    I was using my level 41 Paladin (8), and Princess (7) with a borrowed Captain (40, 9)

angryde
    @angryde

Hello all. I’m having great difficulty 3x starring 13-5 and 13-9 (the ten wave battles). @mvnla our birds seem to be at similar mastery levels… any suggestions? I completed all my attempts with all 3x birds at 100% health. I’m assuming that I’m simply taking (far) too much damage and/or not completing the battles quickly enough(?) This is the disadvantage of ‘defensive’ line-ups..!?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — I don’t have 3* in either 13-5 or 13-9 yet, and the last time I tried 13-5 I lost. I do think I made a mistake in the last wave, but…
    I do think my Paladin (8) and Princess (7) with a better borrowed Captain would make it. Although the Captain I borrowed was (40, 9), which should have been good his weapons were quite underpowered, so he had less health and strength than you would think. Less than my level 7 AIR.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. Thanks for the reply – it’s comforting to know that even a tactical genius can struggle! 13-5 and 13-9 are REALLY beginning to give me the ‘shirts,’ I have to confess. I’ve tried several combinations and I just cannot seem to get over the line! Immensely frustrating. And the amount of juices/cakes I’m imbibing – the cost in snoutlings doesn’t bear thinking about… =D If you have any luck – do let me know!? Cheers!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — Who are you referring to when you say “tactical genius”? Clearly not me. If I were, I wouldn’t be having problems with those caves. Still don’t have 3* on 12-10 either, but haven’t gone back to it.

bouboule
    @bouboule

I had great succes with samurai with the hammers set, princess with nightmare and wizard, princess is level 6, the others 7. My global level is 40.
    Also, when you have big monsters, the same combo with Marksmen instead of wizard.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

http://tinypic.com/r/6i8l03/8 Here’s an Image of the Fight. It’s a photo version of what he does.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

So I finally got 3* on 13-5. There are several variations of opponents. This time they were pretty much the same, EXCEPT I didn’t have the huge Brawler on wave 5, just 2 of the “regular” opponents. I made a mistake in wave 10 — your Paladin really needs to be at full strength every time the Frost Hog attacks, because the cave might finish him off. Nonetheless, I got 3*.
    I used a really powerful borrowed Paladin, my Captain (7) and Princess (7)

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. Damn, damn, damn! I replayed 13-5 and 13-9 at least 5x each last night and still had absolutely no luck! And, hey, you are a tactical genius, of sorts. =P Congrats for your 3x stars… I’m seething with jealousy. Lulz.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have 3 starred the whole of this cave. Not with especially brilliant scores because I have played defensively and taken a healer each time to reduce the need for potions. For wave 5 I used Paladin with dragon scale set level 9 Tricksters with beep set level 9 and borrowed Druid with nightmare set level 7. For wave 9 I used same Paladin but Tricksters with Ballister set and borrowed Bard with honey set level 8. Worth a try.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bubbley — I’m sure part of your success is that your birds are all pretty high level, and have great sets. Mine are still 7 with a couple of 8’s, and I don’t have any sets for some of them.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 and @bubbley. I finally got 3x star scores on 13-5 and 13-9 with (41) Samurai-10 (borrowed), Tricksters-7 and Druid-8. Now sitting on 905 with only the 12-10 cave boss left to defeat. I’ve used so many potions in Cave-13, damn. I really need to concentrate on SRC farming until the new event opens… :D

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

3* on 13-10 with Borrowed level 10 Paladin (thanks @Cosmo2503!), Princess level 7, and Tricksters level 7. Filled up rage chili as soon as emptied, kept birds at close to full health with juice and cake. Didn’t use all that many potions, ~10 each?

bouboule
    @bouboule

The last boss is really easy to destroy, take captain, paladin and princess, boost red attack. That’s it, dispel the shield with Bomb, hit when you can, heal when needed. Probably one of the easiest bosses to defeat.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bouboule — Thanks for that suggestion. Don’t think I’ve tried that combo yet. What level are you, and what level were the birds that you used?

bouboule
    @bouboule

I’m level 41 now, but I think I was still level 40. My birds are mastery level 6 or 7 in general. I think my Paladin is level 7 and the other 2 birds 6. I borrowed a pretty weak captain as I only wanted it to boost Paladin’s attack and dispel the shield whereas I wanted max healing abilities with my own birds.
    The captain had the scissors sert, my Paladin the steel set and my Princess the honey one, most items level 33, I think Red’s shield is level 37

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Moved back to firs page for @Chriss.

Joey
    @joeyba

i used @bouboule strategy and got 3 stars from first try! didnt use any potion! perfect strategy

Anonymous

Samurai Marksmen and Druid is a great 3-star combo for this cave. Used it all through the cave.

bouboule
    @bouboule

@joeyba
    I’m glad it helped you :)

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

Try Paladen, Thunderbird and Sea Dog. Tag Sea Dog to Paladen every other turn to get an extra shot in. Feel free to borrow one of my Lvl 41 10 class to help you out.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cave 13

Viewing 22 replies - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.