Buying Resources with Snoutlings?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Buying Resources with Snoutlings?

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Right now, I am Shard-starved, so the savings from Anvil are immaterial when I still have resources and snouts. If I had another 50 shards in pocket, I could burn them all without having to farm. That’s why I’m banking LCs to buy Shards.

Who among you are so Shard-laden that snouts / resources are the bottleneck in boosting Set Items?

Anonymous

@rowdypup Man, that must take a huge amount of patience. I just can’t push myself to do something like that. After about 10 minutes I lose my sanity. xD

That’s sorta what I do. Any Snoutlings I get I just save up until I have the 750 to buy another batch of logs, and I gotta say, it’s moving me forward pretty fast.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Hi,

I have the Diamond Anvil. What is the better way to craft ressources with snouts for enchant ?

Thanks

burbman
    @burbman

@graugeist – I’m with you on this one. Not sure how anybody could have used up all of their resources before running out of shards. Maybe new players who are doing themselves a dis-service by enchanting low level set items as soon as they get them? Or players who are still crafting weapons and off-hands at the anvil instead of relying on the GPM to fulfill those needs perhaps. Outside of that, just hitting the stumps, rocks, and shells regularly, and playing through all the map and cave levels should provide plenty of resources to keep up with the limited supply of shards.

burbman
    @burbman

@grimmjow – With the Diamond Anvil, I would imagine the payout to be even better by buying the base resource and crafting up than the calculations I did earlier in this thread. Probably upgrades in the neighborhood of 70%.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

From the 400 x10 crafts @pointless and I did last night, it looks like the payout is roughly 20% 1-star, 45% 2-star, 35% 3-star. Crafting 100 materials on a Golden Anvil will produce 62-ish items, increasing value for enchanting by a not insignificant amount.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@burbman,

Ok, but, what resource ?

burbman
    @burbman

@grimmjow – Not sure I understand your question. Any of the three base resources (rock, wood, or shell) upgrades at the same rate as any other, as do the three upgradable second tier resources (Ore, Bamboo, or Coral) so upgrade your rocks to ore, wood to bamboo, and shell to coral, then upgrade your ore to metal bar, bamboo to square wood, and coral to rainbow shells, then use the top three materials for enchanting. If you are asking which of the base level materials to buy with snouts, I would imagine that they all cost the same amount, so it does not matter.

Pointless
    @pointless

It was an interesting run collecting the data with @graugeist I will admit it was an area I had given little thought, and the results were unexpectedly not random. I am almost tempted to dig into the stack and purchase the Diamond Anvil to see where those crafting numbers fall…almost

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, I did not expect the skews that came up, and I’m glad that @pointless was able to run parallel numbers to confirm an essentially identical result.

Anonymous

@partshade
    You’re a friggin genius! You just saved me SO much farming. And finally something useful to do with all these snouts!

Anonymous

@poptimus Glad my random question helped! :D

angryde
    @angryde

Thanks for all your hard work guys… I desperately need any advice I can get after burning through 95% of my crafting resources in the last 24 hours!

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@burbman

Is it better to buy bamboo for craft square wood or is it better to buy wood for craft bamboo then square wood ?

I think the second option it’s better.
    With 1.500 snouts (2*750 and 2*50 woods), I have minimum 60 bambous (Diamond Anvil : minimum 2 stars, so minimum 30 bambous twice). So I have my 50 bambous and minimum 10 in stock.

And buy 50 bambous costs 1.750 snouts.

Right ?

burbman
    @burbman

@grimmjow – Yes, that is exactly what I have been saying.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

1. Spend 750 to buy 50 Logs,
    2. craft to 31 Bamboo,
    3. craft to 19 Squarewood,
    4. consume Squarewood.

19 Squarewood is worth 475%, where 50 Logs are only worth 200%.

burbman
    @burbman

@graugeist – Exactly, but in @grimmjow’s case, he has the diamond anvil so the numbers will be more like the following:

2. craft to ~35 Bamboo,
    3. craft to ~24 Squarewood,
    4. consume Squarewood.

An even better result.

burbman
    @burbman

@graugeist – Exactly, but in @grimmjow’s case, he has the diamond anvil so the numbers will be more like the following:

2. craft to ~35 Bamboo,
    3. craft to ~24 Squarewood,
    4. consume Squarewood.

An even better result.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Buying Resources with Snoutlings?

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.