Black Pearl Chest?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Black Pearl Chest?

• Why are the rewards so low from this new chest. Today I had 4 cards with 10 BP and one for 50. Then they ask if you want to pay I  think it’s 120 gems for a second card. Really? Who is going to pay that much for such low amounts.

The highest reward I have seen is 400 BP and I picked it on my first try, but most are 10-75 BP. Just seems strange that there isn’t anything to entice us with like say 800 to 1500 BP. :/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • Joe B.
    @joeb

I noticed this too and missed a 500 BP card in the mix and didn’t go for the crazy 120 gem offer. It’s a horrible gamble IMO. In contrast, the free random Rare chest video offered a chance to pick a 1500 BP card for 60 gems and even though I missed it I felt it was worth taking a stab at it. Last time I picked an 800 BP card on the 2nd pick gamble for 60 gems and was I quite pleased that it does work out sometimes. Who knows if the outcome is truly rigged or not.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Another question: do you think, the pearls were reduced in those chest since introduction? I feel like the rewards have been similar to the pearl rewards in rare chest, when those pearl chests were introduced. But now I think there are much less pearls in there.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

While those rewards seems to be nerfed, most likely it’s just Rovio “experimenting” behind the scenes and trying to find the sweet spot for squeezing players.

Another problem is the type of the countdown. Instead on daily opening the players is given 24h wait time between openings. That means, even at the best scenario players do not get to open a chest every day. Because of the time the chest takes to open and adding 24h to that guarantees that at some point player is going to miss a day. If nothing else, it’s one ugly design choice there.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Oh really, 24 hours? My countdown for the pearls chest is 12 hours.
    I suspected something else behind it: Rovio should have realizes, that players are able to “starve” their hatchling and feed only every third day (instead of every second, most likely how they intended). I thought they are trying to force me to come back in the evening and seeing my hatchling leave… but come on, you gotta give me more than 10 pearls. Got 310.000 of’em.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Your not alone I too remember when it first started the rewards were much higher, I even remember thinking how can they give this many away everyday. The cards were 500, 750, 1500,  and I don’t think I saw one less than 150 definitely nothing like they are now. I also agree 110% who would pay 200gems for 10 or 2o BP? No thank you I’ll earn mine the old fashion way, AKA cheaper way, though I know I should be grateful for any freebie the games offers.

sven-erik-zetterstrom
    @sven-erik-zetterstrom

well..  the highest card i got from that chest is a 50BP, normally i just getting 10 or 20

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@jo-ha, only 12 hours?! This is yet another way how Rovios shenigans keep messing up the game and treats players unequally.

WUT? You have over three hundred thousand Black Pearls?! Unbelievable…

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@rawdatasystems: yeah, I remember having around 350.000 by the time the last 25K-Pearls hat set became available. I bought all hats at once. Now I am almost back to that number…

Yeah, that’s what I thought… especially those timers, why not make it equal for all players? Why bother with implementing different timers?

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Wow… must be nice not needing to struggle to get enough BP. I’m so envious!

Maybe one day I’ll get pissed enough and give Rovio some honest publicity they don’t seem to like too much…

Buster
    @doulgas

Once I bought all the hats up to the “fancy” level, there was nothing really to do with the pearls so they’ve been piling up for me too. Not 300K but over 60. I don’t see a point in buying 10-power hats when you have the 11-power ones you get in MEBC. I know I could upgrade the slingshot by buying a set but that’s a hefty price for such a marginal benefit since I can’t actually use the hats.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same for me as Buster. I’ve got almost 50K and only use them when they offer a new hat set since I rarely get all of them from the TOF during the event. Not going to buy the 10X hats. If I needed just 1 to finish a hat set, I might, but the rare times I get a 10X hat from the TOF or a legendary chest, it is always for Red or Blues so I have a bunch of 10X hats, which are basically useless.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@rawdatasystems: don’t be – my pearl count is evidence for addictive behaviour with AB2. I once spent a lot of money and way to much time in this game. I regret it today, but back then it was fun. Now I feel a little responsible for Rovio’s cash grabbing attitude, because I once bought all that sh*t.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Well I still have birds without 10x or better hats, so I have some BP colleting to do. It should not be too long now.

@jo-ha
    , every cent is too much given to Rovio coffers. I wish they would start fixing the light year long bug list already!

Buster
    @doulgas

Quit your job. Get a divorce. Spend all day playing Legendary arena and you’ll build up pearls and gems to spare.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@doulgas, not working! I’m already retired, so I don’t have enough time for AB2. ;)

Main account is now 1.504 BP short of 25k and FTP account is just 565 BP short. I doubdt I can get quite enough BP within the BPP time we have left.

I’ve missed 1.500BP reward today with both accounts. Twice. Also, second card bought every time and still no go. That’s four misses on both accounts! I’m heading into corner to cry…

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Black Pearl Chest?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.